Episode 2: The Variant (Spoiler Discussion)

One thing I couldn’t get over is why did Loki lose so badly against regular Joe store employee. He is a formidable combatant in Avengers and Thor 1. It makes absolutely no sense that he would lose a fight against a human employee especially when Loki has 1000s years of fight training. This is the same Loki that caught Hawkeye’s arrow from miles away

Yep. People are reading WAY too much into "Sylvie" in my opinion. Especially after the last two shows, I think the safest bet is to stick with Occam's Razor. The simplest answer is usually right. And there are many explanations for "Sylvia Laufeydottir" that are more simple than them introducing a Z-List alternative Enchantress who somehow has the same chronal & genetic coding as Loki.
I mean they do seem to be combining characters a bit. With Sylvie also being a blonde and primarily using an ability our Loki has never used that is described by Loki as "enchantment". So I see it more as Ivan Vanko being some version of Crimson Dynamo that deliberately shares a villain name and attribute with another character Whiplash (Marco Scarlotti). So too Sylvie Laufeydottir seems like a version of Lady Loki (albeit a variant rather than a possession or shapeshift by the main Loki) who also deliberately is given some attributes of Sylvie Lushton, if only superficially.

One thing I couldn’t get over is why did Loki lose so badly against regular Joe store employee. He is a formidable combatant in Avengers and Thor 1. It makes absolutely no sense that he would lose a fight against a human employee especially when Loki has 1000s years of fight training. This is the same Loki that caught Hawkeye’s arrow from miles away

It could be that by 2050 in The Sacred Timeline an extremely potent version of the Super Soldier Serum is available for purchase at your local RoxxCart. But the simplest explanation that Lady Loki transferred her strength and fighting prowess over to the tubby Oklahoman when she Enchanted him.

Last edited:
If there's anything I've learned from Wandavision..... None of those things will matter hahaha

My mother (who I am caring for these days) has this habit of asking me "Why......" (like I know LOL). My canned response is "because the writers said so". It's become a joke between us. Now she speculates and says "that's the way I'd write it". :funny:

I watched both episodes. First episode, nice setup, although one thing bugged me when I finished it and sure enough, in the second episode - the plot came tumbling down like a house of cards because of the very thing that bugged me in the first episode.

The TVA knew Lady Loki or whatever her name is was stealing the reset charges. And we are to believe they didn't know why? Really? She stole the reset charges to use them, not to look at them. Are you kidding me? That was so hard to figure out or even assume? One would hope the TVA knows how a reset charge works since it's their own creation, so it was clear she was going to use the stolen charges to reset some events because by definition, reset charges reset stuff. Wow, who saw that one coming? Everyone but the TVA. Amazing.

Now, whichever events she chooses to reset, it's a problem and the TVA knows that. You can't tell me Mobius and co. can outsmart 2012 Loki, know when he's lying and when he's not, call his every bluff just like that (like in episode 2 when Mobius said Loki was lying) but can't figure out or even assume this woman was stealing reset charges to reset some important stuff and mess things up? That was my assumption within 2 seconds of hearing that the fugitive was stealing the reset charges when I watched the first episode...

Also, the TVA knew she was stealing the reset charges and yet they kept sending their response teams packed with reset charges straight to Lady Loki's branched timeline, thus bringing more reset charges right to her, right into her hands, huh? That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. More tactical approach would be to send a reconn team without reset charges first to make sure the branched timeline they came to inspect isn't Lady Loki's doing (and I mean really make sure, not just assume out of your a s s within 10 seconds of getting there like in episode 1) and then call for a heavy backup team to arrive with a reset charge to close the timeline.

I read that a lot of people are actually impressed by Lady Loki and are calling it a ''big brain'' move. People are impressed by anything these days, it's sad. Big brain my a s s. It's easy for her to look like she has a ''big brain'' when the TVA are a bunch of idiots. Level of thinking and strategy that the TVA possesses rivals that of the Scooby-Doo villains from the 80s. Give me a break.

By the way, I forgot to mention something almost as dumb as the other 2 things I mentioned that happened in episode 2. Are we to believe that a random TVA chick knows where the Time Keepers are and how to find them even though not even Mobius knows that and has never even seen them? Isn't that real convenient for Lady Loki or what? That's what you get when you decide to have 6 episodes in a season and hire people to cram things into that tight of a schedule. I heard there was a season 2 already on the way? If so, why was it necessary to give up the Time Keepers in episode 2 then, and in a so conveniently idiotic fashion?

I was really looking forward to this show because I thought it would give WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier a real run for their money after both of those shows ended up being utter disappointment, but considering how a ridiculously shaky plot point is supposed to keep everything together, it's not gonna happen. And this is supposed to tie into Spider Man 3 and Doctor Strange 2. They better not screw that up with this Loki series cause the way this is going, they are going to. I just realized the guy who wrote Loki tv series also wrote Doctor Strange 2. So what could've been probably one of the best MCU movies is now more than probably going to suck considering the more than questionable decisions the guy made with the Loki series.

The MCU was fine up until Endgame (excluding the 2 atrocious brain farts being Black Panther and Captain Marvel). But now, Kevin Feige needs to get his head examined asap, green-lighting all these Marvel shows that keep being overwhelmingly disappointing. Stop giving away the projects to new writers who couldn't pull out a story out of a bag full of great stories.

Last edited:
I kinda agree with what you're saying. Happily/Luckily/Stupidly I'm still able to enjoy the show so far...

I have been wondering why they’re all humans and why the setting is very 1970s earth!

I’m wondering whether it’s part of the overall illusion of the TVA which is mirroring Lokki (I’ve no idea why it looks so 70s but they could be mirroring Asgardians not earth humans).

Does that sound totally made up?

In the scene where they go into the supermarket there’s a massive storm outside and at one point before they go in Loki looks back and to the sky. For some reason I got a feeling that he was wondering if it was Thor causing that.

I watched both episodes. First episode, nice setup, although one thing bugged me when I finished it and sure enough, in the second episode - the plot came tumbling down like a house of cards because of the very thing that bugged me in the first episode.

The TVA knew Lady Loki or whatever her name is was stealing the reset charges. And we are to believe they didn't know why? Really? She stole the reset charges to use them, not to look at them. Are you kidding me? That was so hard to figure out or even assume? One would hope the TVA knows how a reset charge works since it's their own creation, so it was clear she was going to use the stolen charges to reset some events because by definition, reset charges reset stuff. Wow, who saw that one coming? Everyone but the TVA. Amazing.

Now, whichever events she chooses to reset, it's a problem and the TVA knows that. You can't tell me Mobius and co. can outsmart 2012 Loki, know when he's lying and when he's not, call his every bluff just like that (like in episode 2 when Mobius said Loki was lying) but can't figure out or even assume this woman was stealing reset charges to reset some important stuff and mess things up? That was my assumption within 2 seconds of hearing that the fugitive was stealing the reset charges when I watched the first episode...

Also, the TVA knew she was stealing the reset charges and yet they kept sending their response teams packed with reset charges straight to Lady Loki's branched timeline, thus bringing more reset charges right to her, right into her hands, huh? That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. More tactical approach would be to send a reconn team without reset charges first to make sure the branched timeline they came to inspect isn't Lady Loki's doing (and I mean really make sure, not just assume out of your a s s within 10 seconds of getting there like in episode 1) and then call for a heavy backup team to arrive with a reset charge to close the timeline.

I read that a lot of people are actually impressed by Lady Loki and are calling it a ''big brain'' move. People are impressed by anything these days, it's sad. Big brain my a s s. It's easy for her to look like she has a ''big brain'' when the TVA are a bunch of idiots. Level of thinking and strategy that the TVA possesses rivals that of the Scooby-Doo villains from the 80s. Give me a break.

By the way, I forgot to mention something almost as dumb as the other 2 things I mentioned that happened in episode 2. Are we to believe that a random TVA chick knows where the Time Keepers are and how to find them even though not even Mobius knows that and has never even seen them? Isn't that real convenient for Lady Loki or what? That's what you get when you decide to have 6 episodes in a season and hire people to cram things into that tight of a schedule. I heard there was a season 2 already on the way? If so, why was it necessary to give up the Time Keepers in episode 2 then, and in a so conveniently idiotic fashion?

I was really looking forward to this show because I thought it would give WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier a real run for their money after both of those shows ended up being utter disappointment, but considering how a ridiculously shaky plot point is supposed to keep everything together, it's not gonna happen. And this is supposed to tie into Spider Man 3 and Doctor Strange 2. They better not screw that up with this Loki series cause the way this is going, they are going to. I just realized the guy who wrote Loki tv series also wrote Doctor Strange 2. So what could've been probably one of the best MCU movies is now more than probably going to suck considering the more than questionable decisions the guy made with the Loki series.

The MCU was fine up until Endgame (excluding the 2 atrocious brain farts being Black Panther and Captain Marvel). But now, Kevin Feige needs to get his head examined asap, green-lighting all these Marvel shows that keep being overwhelmingly disappointing. Stop giving away the projects to new writers who couldn't pull out a story out of a bag full of great stories.

This is what is going to be a major problem I think, especially when these writers are all social activists too. We're going to be missing the Russos and Markus/McFeely pretty soon.

That being said, I've actually enjoyed Loki so far. You're not wrong about anything you've said but I've been able to enjoy it nonetheless.

GranularUnconsciousApisdorsatalaboriosa-size_restricted.gif

This is what is going to be a major problem I think, especially when these writers are all social activists too. We're going to be missing the Russos and Markus/McFeely pretty soon.

That being said, I've actually enjoyed Loki so far. You're not wrong about anything you've said but I've been able to enjoy it nonetheless.
You mean like when one of the Russos went out of their way to play a grieving gay man in Endgame?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"