Supergirl Episode 3.14 "Schott Through the Heart" (SPOILERS)

Hey if Winn can be better then DEO agents when it comes to hacking....I dont see why James cant be as good as a DEO agent in terms of fighting lol. Though who knows what training they go through.
It's entirely unearned. He ain't Batman or Green Arrow. He's a photographer who decided to play hero one day because he's BFF's with a couple of 'em. These are people who specifically trained to take on all sorts of varieties of alien threats on a daily basis. It's ridiculous, imo.

Winn was portrayed as an underemployed tech genius from the get-go, so it's hardly an apt comparison.

Lesson learned: the best person to spy on a top secret government ageny is to use the agents’ parents.

It's entirely unearned. He ain't Batman or Green Arrow. He's a photographer who decided to play hero one day because he's BFF's with a couple of 'em. These are people who specifically trained to take on all sorts of varieties of alien threats on a daily basis. It's ridiculous, imo.

Winn was portrayed as an underemployed tech genius from the get-go, so it's hardly an apt comparison.

They shouldn’t have Jimmy Olson for this show IMO. Jimmy Olson is supposed to be more like Winn Schott. Mehcad Brooks acts more like Lex Luthor if he were a good guy.

James has had an entire past with Superman though. This isn't a new world for him, they at least took a second to explain that he has training lol. DEOs training of taking on aliens hasnt seemed like anything out of the ordinary. And I would assume that the DEO recruits genius's for the type of thing Winn does, him being head honcho has always been a bit iffy for me.

They shouldn’t have Jimmy Olson for this show IMO. Jimmy Olson is supposed to be more like Winn Schott. Mehcad Brooks acts more like Lex Luthor if he were a good guy.

Sad but true.

James has had an entire past with Superman though. This isn't a new world for him, they at least took a second to explain that he has training lol. DEOs training of taking on aliens hasnt seemed like anything out of the ordinary. And I would assume that the DEO recruits genius's for the type of thing Winn does, him being head honcho has always been a bit iffy for me.
"A black belt," lol. You're trying to fill in blanks because the show never did it. Never remotely justified this. It's safe to assume field agents taking on super-powered aliens have training. It's not safe to assume Jimmy Olsen does because he's Supes' BFF, especially when the show never suggested anything of the sort until they decided to go with this asinine storyline. I'm just glad they realized it's best to keep it in the background this season.

Poor Laurie Metcalf. Whether Roseanne and now Supergirl, her characters always have some sort of domestic abuse stuff in their past.

Though it's a Berlanti show, and we've seen what Winn went through with his father, so naturally he'd have some bad blood with his parents like most of the others. Also, I'm gonna make a prediction: this episode ends with Winn and his mom both performing "Take On Me" at karaoke.

Sad but true.

I’m fine with Jimmy Olson to connect with Superman, but they casted the complete opposite of how he’s depicted in all other media.

"A black belt," lol. You're trying to fill in blanks because the show never did it. Never remotely justified this. It's safe to assume field agents taking on super-powered aliens have training. It's not safe to assume Jimmy Olsen does because he's Supes' BFF, especially when the show never suggested anything of the sort until they decided to go with this asinine storyline. I'm just glad they realized it's best to keep it in the background this season.

neon.gif

A blackbelt can make you considered a human weapon!

Well as far as mothers go in the Flarrowgirl-verse, Winns mom is probably one of the more badass ones.

Can’t complain about James being such an alpha when Winn’s mom kicked so much ass this episode.

I support anything in which super-powered beings fight dinosaurs and punch them in the face. It's why I own this shirt -

image_tscmwwcmdwmn_1_productimagenowatermark.jpg

So I now approve of this episode. :up:

Ok, I don't remember who it was, but someone here called the connection between Pestilence and The Blight. Bravo.

Still hate the idea of Mon-El training Kara.

DC Blight
2596527-blight_lord.jpg

You know...why is that the tech guys are great at stitching and making costumes?

Lol, Lena has a lair now. Yep, definitely going evil.

Well overall it was a fairly enjoyable episode. The J'onn subplot as you have guessed by now was very boring to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"