Supergirl Episode 3.07 "Wake Up" (SPOILERS)

I Reeeaaaally hope you're wrong about that, lol.

Same SAME!! It's been seven years, and he didn't expect to be back. Although, we don't know yet what he and the Legion were intending to do in Earth's past. Unless time traveling was a mistake. But he moved on, as he said, as Kara was a memory. Hell, in the future, he knows exactly how she dies...

Unless it follows the comics, where she joins Brainiac 5 in the future, which would be a biiiig change for the show!

I doubt that though. But they should let it be over and done now. Let Saturn Girl live, let Mon-el stay with her, and have them both do guest spots through the season.

And for solitude, Kara can use Kal's Fortress. Besides, the Sanctuary is full-on evil. They'd have go gut the computer out of that place to keep it from trying to kill her.

Lol these writers arent the most original and I'd be shocked if they introduced another big time love interest for Kara.
I would agree, except I know they're aware of Mon-El's divisive nature (they were confronted about it by the press at two major events now), and this season SEEMS designed to move on from it, while creating an opportunity to keep Chris on as recurring. Plus, while they certainly take...alternative routes...they do still like to honor comic canon, and Mon-El's canon destiny is with the Legion, always. Sure, they've substituted Saturn Girl for Shadow Lass, but he still ends up married to a fellow Legionairre. They have the built-in exit for him already, they just need to be wise enough to take it - and so far these new showrunners seem a bit savvier than the ones before, so that seems very possible to me. Killing Saturn Girl and/or breaking up their marriage for Kara would be doing all those characters a disservice, imo.

There's also a part of me that suspects Chris might like to escape the unnecessary hate he gets from this fandom and pursue series lead roles again as he's had in the past. And The CW loves him, so I'm sure those opportunities would be there, in Vancouver right next door to the Supergirl set, lol.

But they should let it be over and done now. Let Saturn Girl live, let Mon-el stay with her, and have them both do guest spots through the season.
Well, he's a series regular this season, so I think this Legion storyline will be long and involved and stick around for most of the season. Which is fine by me. But AFTER this season, yes, I think they could be guest stars every now and then.

Last edited:
I think Chris being a CW darling would help him stay on Supergirl along with Karamon or whatever their name is seems to be popular enough to help even out the hate they get for the character. Especially if they are able to redeem him in the audiences eyes this year/

Especially if they are able to redeem him in the audiences eyes this year/
That seems like a pretty tall order. And they aren't off to a good start with this ep - him being secretive for no good reason and manipulating Winn with the "Kara will be hurt if we don't go back to the ship!" BS ain't exactly earning him any new points, lol.

He won't be redeemed if he leaves his wife and team and heroic calling to be with his first love again. It would be just like the Mon-El who asked Kara to abandon HER family and life and responsibilities to runaway with him to some other planet just so they could be together away from his parents - it's selfish, and that's one of the main arguments people had against him in the first place.

Chris acknowledging those flaws on Twitter and assuring us he won't be that guy anymore by the end of this season makes me believe they're aware of that.

Last edited:
If his wife leaves him or dies.....he wont be leaving her...

Again, doing a disservice to Saturn Girl, one of the biggest members of Legion, as I said. Surely they know better than to fridge the wife.

I don't want to see Saturn Girl die just to favor a particular pairing. Settle them into their new romances, and then let them be.

They're not going to kill off Saturn Girl as she is one of the founders of the Legion of Superheroes, along with Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad.

Since Reign's Fortress of Sanctuary is in the desert, I wonder if the DEO's desert base is nearby and this could be how Supergirl and the DEO of National City would find out.

I can see Kara meeting with Sam's adopted mother during her investigation of Reign.

Melissa is one of the strongest actresses out of the superhero shows in CW.

Also, Geoff Johns has more clout now than he did when Arrow screwed over Laurel/Black Canary. And we know how he felt about that. The Legion are his babies. He would not let them kill off Saturn Girl, imo. She's as vital to the Legion as Black Canary is to Green Arrow, if not more so.

I kinda wish Legends didn't exist so we could have a Legion of Superheroes show, lol.

After Laurel and now what they are doing w/Laurel 2.0, i trust these writers as far as i can throw em. Their logic doesnt match ours.

After Laurel and now what they are doing w/Laurel 2.0, i trust these writers as far as i can throw em. Their logic doesnt match ours.
LOL, fair enough, can't say I blame you. But as I said, so far these new showrunners seem better than the old ones, so I do believe and hope you're wrong.

On a random note - I guess all that talk about Chris "bulking up" during his off-time was just talk, because if anything, I think he actually looks skinnier here than last season.

Also, Geoff Johns has more clout now than he did when Arrow screwed over Laurel/Black Canary. And we know how he felt about that. The Legion are his babies. He would not let them kill off Saturn Girl, imo. She's as vital to the Legion as Black Canary is to Green Arrow, if not more so.

I kinda wish Legends didn't exist so we could have a Legion of Superheroes show, lol.

Legion would have been a spin-off from Supergirl along with Superman. I think it's time Supergirl's universe to have its own community of superheroes.

I don't blame Geoff for being protective of the DCU.

Well the scenes with J'onn and his pops were good and Sam has been an interesting character so far, but the abrupt heartburn turns into evil worldkiller moment felt a bit awkward to me......As for the Mon-El stuff, not a fan of this direction at all.

There could have been other way to deal with Kara and Mon-El's storyline involving marriage revelation. Instead they were building all that unnecessary drama towards that revelation at the end.

I see Saturn Girl either dying or seeing that Mon-El still loves Kara and leaves him behind in the 21st century.

Yup. They made a big deal about the necklace and Mon-El still didn't give it back. Saturn Girl will eventually leave somehow and Mon-El will still be on the show if there's another season, in my opinion.

Her transformation into Reign was very anticlimactic. Just fall to your knees, writhe and cry a little and then POOF, you're a World Killer! I was expecting a bit more.

Keeping secrets from Kara, especially when he saw how torn up she was about her, was not a good idea. It was very wrong (and completely unnecessary).

(Also, he uses Winn by lying to him instead of trusting them to actually help him. How can Winn or Kara be okay with that?).

And.. I don't see why or how Kara and Mon El should be a romance post that.

Hopefully, the necklace will have another story; may be he is used to it, or it has to do with Reign or something.

However, I still kind of like him, so I would be happy if he shows growth through the season and they become friends.

Sam: I feel really sad for Ruby.

I liked J'onn and his dad; especially his dad.

I'd have liked a Danvers sisters conversation at the end. Strange that we didn't see a protective Alex calling Mon El out. I guess, they didn't have the time for that.

I was kind of disappointed that they brought back Mon-El as I thought he was terrible last season but I felt this new direction was an improvement. I was glad to hear him say he's been in the 31st century and my fingers are crossed that the other passengers are the Legion of Superheroes. The Sam story line continues to be interesting as well.

I was kind of disappointed that they brought back Mon-El as I thought he was terrible last season but I felt this new direction was an improvement.

One could say this might ground him a little bit more.

I kinda miss the Thanksgiving episodes, with heavy drinking Alex.

Not bad return for Mon-el.

Aaaaah Carl Lumbly. Carl as the father of J'Onn is a very nice and sweet touch. Just hearing his voice reminds meofhis JLU days. He has thissoftness that suits J'onn J'onz, I think.
That is the only thing that disturbs me with David Harewood. I always found him slightly agressive.
Anyway, this is a very cool very nice touch having Carl Lumbly in the serie.

Well the scenes with J'onn and his pops were good and Sam has been an interesting character so far, but the abrupt heartburn turns into evil worldkiller moment felt a bit awkward to me......As for the Mon-El stuff, not a fan of this direction at all.

The scenes with Jonn should have been left to another time, however I know that that was to give Melissa and Chyler some needed chill time, but they were rather boring to me.

Keeping secrets from Kara, especially when he saw how torn up she was about her, was not a good idea. It was very wrong (and completely unnecessary).

(Also, he uses Winn by lying to him instead of trusting them to actually help him. How can Winn or Kara be okay with that?).

And.. I don't see why or how Kara and Mon El should be a romance post that.

Hopefully, the necklace will have another story; may be he is used to it, or it has to do with Reign or something.

However, I still kind of like him, so I would be happy if he shows growth through the season and they become friends.

Sam: I feel really sad for Ruby.

I liked J'onn and his dad; especially his dad.

I'd have liked a Danvers sisters conversation at the end. Strange that we didn't see a protective Alex calling Mon El out. I guess, they didn't have the time for that.

The only way Alex would have known to call Mon-el out is if someone told her what happened....she was never really around when he was talking to Kara.

I liked the episode for the most part. The Mon El storyline was the most interesting for me, and if anything ,I wish he had come back in the premiere with his new life instead of dragging it out Kara's depression for 7 episodes.

I still feel like Rhea character is too far on the periphery from the main characters for her turn into Reign to make an emotional impact, aside from her daughter.

That said , I really like how they took the Superman myths and made a sort of anti- Superman origin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"