Supergirl Episode 3.20 "Dark Side of the Moon" (SPOILERS)

I've seen very little of this show this season so I viewed it as an outsider and not a regular watcher which might be unfair. But I found it boring. Both Kara's Argo City story and Alex's plot. Everything was dull. Gave me no reason to check out the next one.

So next week's promo is suggesting that Kara will just happily go her merry way and live on Argo while Reign terrorizes Earth? Lol, come on, promo people.

Yes, that was asinine.

Also, it's almost like Mon-El has a belt that possesses various kinds of utility or something (future cure patch for the kid).

I would also think that discovering your thought-to-be-dead mother was still alive would produce a bigger emotional moment.

TUVOK!!!!!

Would've liked a few other things explored a bit more, and a little bit more effort into making it look more like Krypton, but an ok episode.

Last edited:
I've seen very little of this show this season so I viewed it as an outsider and not a regular watcher which might be unfair. But I found it boring. Both Kara's Argo City story and Alex's plot. Everything was dull. Gave me no reason to check out the next one.
Can't say I blame you, this was the weakest episode they've had in a while.

I did think that the Kryptonian woman had something to do with Reign and the world killers. I recognised her from before. Why did she help Kara though by agreeing to give her a bit of the rock?

I did think that the Kryptonian woman had something to do with Reign and the world killers. I recognised her from before. Why did she help Kara though by agreeing to give her a bit of the rock?
I'm guessing what she gave her isn't really what they needed. They're gonna think they've defeated Reign (hence Kara going back to Argo), and then they'll be in for a nasty surprise.

I thought this one was meh. It was really weird how finding Argo felt more like an "in passing" type of situation instead of a bigger deal.

I wasn't paying attention to the "Previously on..." part so I didn't make any connections about Alex wanting to have kids some day (which I forgot about). I was just watching her part like "Why are we even watching this?" Her jumps and stuff had me thinking they switched things up on us and that somehow Alex and J'onn switched places. I guess her suit gives her cool jumping abilities?

Also forgot about the lady who talks to Reign. The camera lingered on her to show she's of some importance. It was during the second part of the debate with the council that I realized who she was. I guess she has some way of sending signals out to the Worldkillers.

I guess they felt a need to give Winn something to do so just have him complain about hanging out with a kid for a little bit.

The Lena and Reign talks were meh too.

I keep expecting to find out that Allura is not really who she says she is and it's all an illusion. Maybe Kara's mother is actually dead and it's all an elaborate deception.

Don’t have a lot of thoughts on the episode but here goes:

Thoughts on “Dark Side of the Moon:

- Hot coal disposal? Is that a thing?
- Why isn’t it a bigger deal that part of Krypton survived?
- Loved the nod to Superman the Movie’s Krypton with the light designs. Even the shot was straight out of the movie.
- The subplot with Alex was awful. This kind of **** has been bogging this show down for two seasons.
- So the head of the council on Argo is the world killers creator. Did they think we wouldn’t recognise her?
- The ending was the best part of the episode and then it ****ing ended!

Overall I was disappointed by this episode tbh, I wanted more from it but it felt very run of the mill. Infact it was boring as hell.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"