Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 19 "Alex" MAJOR SPOILERS

I like Kara's pep talks, lol.

Except for the "hope" broadcast at the end of last season. That was too much even for me.

You are watching the wrong show & network if you want the bad guy winning

Am I? Malcolm Merlyn won plenty. Bad guys are allowed to win once in a while to live to cause chaos another day.

I like Kara's pep talks, lol.

Except for the "hope" broadcast at the end of last season. That was too much even for me.

Most of the time they are just to cheesy for me. I think she gave a speech in Livewires first episode? That scene was just...gave me a cavity.

And? That doesnt help your point one bit.

giphy.gif

Seeing what Alex at the end reminds me of Lois. I think both Lois and Alex would get along.

Or Reverse Flash with him killing Barry's father.

Also, don't just list Merlyn's losses and act as if he had no wins. His involvement with the Undertaking alone at the end of Season One, not to mention Tommy's death as a result, had its impact on Oliver.

You act as if the villain doesn't or isn't warranted at getting even the smallest win. It's not uncommon.

He could not even successfully travel through time to accomplish his goals

So what did Malcolm win ?

I just gotta name one and it brings the point home that even on this network, villains win at times. He wanted to become Ra's and what did he do? he became Ra's. He controlled the LOA for months. Losing later on doesn't negate the wins at the time of the win. No one ever said that the bad guy couldn't be captured later on.

Hell Damien Darhk killed Laurel Lance, thats a villain win if there ever was one lol.

Then going by that logic the good guys wins don't stick if someone dies lol. So Oliver lost at the end of Season 1 when Tommy died, he lost in Season 2 when his mom died, lost in Season 3 when Sara died, lost in Season 4 when Laurel died lol.

Plus this show LOVES their drama so the bad guy winning being the cause of Alex being alive would've brought them some good drama.

The only plot advancement was Lena and Rhea making a deal.

Rhea has become the big bad after all.

Is this going to lead to Lilli and Supergirl teaming up for the finale? I feel like it is.

If Lena doesn't officially find out Kara's identity with this arrangement, I'm calling major BS, lol. I mean, as soon as she finds out who Rhea's son is, that's it, right?

If Lena doesn't officially find out Kara's identity with this arrangement, I'm calling major BS, lol. I mean, as soon as she finds out who Rhea's son is, that's it, right?

But...she's only seen Mon with his glasses on right? lol. How could she ever notice.

If Maggie can piece two & two together why cant Lena ? She saw Kara at one point & immediately Supergirl right after Kara
Yes, it's ridiculous that Lena doesn't know already. Which is why I used the word "officially," because I'm still holding out the slim hope that she's already known for a while.

But...she's only seen Mon with his glasses on right? lol. How could she ever notice.
Hmmm...you make a compelling case.

I think somewhere in the final 3 episodes that Lena will know Kara as Supergirl.

As for tonight's episode, I was hoping that someone from Cadmus would kidnap Alex instead of someone from her and Kara's childhood from the 1st season.

I've decided I don't care much for Eric Carrasco as a writer on this show. He's only been decent when paired with Paula Yoo, whereas she's been good without him.

Most of the writers for Supergirl are unknown to me, except for Sterling Gates.

Ditto, I just judge them from their episodes.

I thought the episode was okay , but it does feel like something is missing from the show in these last few episodes. This latter half of the season is feeling very smallville-ish but not the mostly solid season one and two of smallville.

I actually do think tossing Maxell Lord and Cat Grant did take something out of the series in terms of energy and edge.

Mon El seems to be just there now , Jimmy/Guardian barely makes an appearance, Snapper car is sort of a non entity most of the time, and even the sudden Maggie and Kara tension felt a bit contrived this late in the season.

I like most of the new characters but it just feels like the writing and energy isn't there.

I actually do think tossing Maxell Lord and Cat Grant did take something out of the series in terms of energy and edge.

Anyone know why the Maxwell Lord character was tossed out this season, by the way? With the way S1 ended, he should still be in the DEO's prison but he's never seen. The showrunners should've had the foresight to write a better ending for that character if he's never going to appear on the show again.....

I'm sure the move to Vancouver had a lot to do with it, just like with Cat Grant.

That certainly makes sense, but it would've been great to have seen Maxwell Lord continue into season 2 all the same. The character could've had interesting places to go, and the actor had loads of chemistry with Chyler Leigh's Alex as well, which I've would've been far more willing to watch as opposed to the melodrama going on between Alex and Maggie.

Ew, I can't agree about Lord and Alex. That was just uncomfortable the whole time, imo (and was honestly one of the first things that made me think she might be gay).

That certainly makes sense, but it would've been great to have seen Maxwell Lord continue into season 2 all the same. The character could've had interesting places to go, and the actor had loads of chemistry with Chyler Leigh's Alex as well, which I've would've been far more willing to watch as opposed to the melodrama going on between Alex and Maggie.
man you really didn't pick up that he knew she was trying to spy on him the whole time with his passive aggressive out burst like on that date with his exaggerated Mata Hari. saying . and she wasn't feeling him at all . and she was overly ticked he got the drop on her . there wasn't anything between those two. As flick chick stated though it was likely due to the move, Peter Fench has kids in California and most like didn't want move since he's a divorced single dad of two girls, who I think are in their teens now.

And it's same reason we lost cat / Callista Flockheart too, cause she missed her family. she has kids and her hubby Harrison ford

Last edited:
man you really didn't pick up that he knew she was trying to spy on him the whole time with his passive aggressive out burst like on that date with his exaggerated Mata Hari. saying . and she wasn't feeling him at all . and she was overly ticked he got the drop on her . there wasn't anything between those two. As flick chick stated though it was likely due to the move, Peter Fench has kids in California and most like didn't want move since he's a divorced single dad of two girls, who I think are in their teens now.

Actually I wasn't implying that I expected any sort of relationship between Maxwell Lord and Alex, only meant to say that the actors had a certain chemistry that was entertaining to watch with their banter. Of course it was obvious that he knew she was spying on him, I just really enjoyed their chemistry/banter and it would've been great to have more of that in season 2, but of course it's too late for that now.

I also liked the fact that the show had a mysterious & sinister "Lex Luthor" archetype with Maxwell Lord that's sort of been missing since. Cadmus is outright evil and anti-alien but not really the same kind of villain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"