Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 19 "Alex" MAJOR SPOILERS

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
From SpoilerTV:

ALEX IS KIDNAPPED – Alex (Chyler Leigh) is kidnapped and the kidnapper threatens to kill her unless Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) releases a notorious criminal from prison. Supergirl and Maggie (Floriana Lima) have always had different approaches to apprehending criminals but this time they must work together to save Alex. Meanwhile, Rhea (guest star Teri Hatcher) has an interesting proposal for Lena (Katie McGrath). Rob Greenlea directed the episode written by Eric Carrasco & Greg Baldwin (#219). Original airdate 5/1/2017.
http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/04/sup...s-release.html

Supergirl/Maggie and Lena/Rhea? Guess this is the "unusual team-ups" episode, lol.

I don't know why an episode is titled after Alex when the focus is on Supergirl/ Maggie and Lena/ Rhea.

I wonder if Alex is kidnapped by someone from Cadmus.

Supergirl and Maggie have not worked together often as I hope they do for the 3rd season provided if Maggie returns.

I wonder who this 'notorious criminal' could be? On a long shot, I would bet it's

Lex.

I checked out the show again for the first time in 3 or 4 episodes. So they let Alex wander around free and expect nothing bad to happen? Nobody at Cadmus has heard of handcuffs? That makes Mama Luthor and her minions dumber than a box of rocks. The writing on this show has gotten worse and considering how bad it has been that is saying something. I cannot tolerate this level of stupidity, out again.

I checked out the show again for the first time in 3 or 4 episodes. So they let Alex wander around free and expect nothing bad to happen? Nobody at Cadmus has heard of handcuffs? That makes Mama Luthor and her minions dumber than a box of rocks. The writing on this show has gotten worse and considering how bad it has been that is saying something. I cannot tolerate this level of stupidity, out again.

This was why I hated Exodus as it diminishes Cadmus as a threat and Alex got away with it.

I'm looking forward to the Kara/Maggie dynamic in this one.

Can it be next Monday already?!?!?!

I guess we're finally going to see some consequences for Kara not keeping her identity wrapped up tight enough. She's been too lose with it far too often. Will love seeing more of Maggie again and how she and Supergirl will work together.

I just wish the shows were longer so we could see more of these characters without it swamping the show!:woot:

So this episode is titled "Chyler". They could've found something a bit more imaginative to do with the unusual team ups.

So this episode is titled "Chyler". They could've found something a bit more imaginative to do with the unusual team ups.

I think the show has been a little hit/miss with the episode titles. But since it does have to do with 'Chyler,' I'd let it slide.

I see this episode as more Kara/ Maggie-centric than Alex.

I am liking this argument even though Maggie has never shown any disliking of Karas ways in the past.

I am liking this argument even though Maggie has never shown any disliking of Karas ways in the past.
She did seem annoyed when Supergirl landed at her crime scene in one of the earlier eps in the season before she was officially dating Alex.

Well. They just acknowledged that Lillian Luthor knows she's Supergirl. That was unexpected.

This is a very refreshing episode thus far. Very personal, someone has brains, no relationship drama.

Someone has brains, but it's not Kara.

Ugh, I hate it when they sacrifice Kara's character/intelligence to prop up someone else. They've made her the cocky hero who punches things this ep, and it's annoying. Where's the girl who defeated villains like Parasite and Mxy with her brains? This is "Homecoming" all over again, though at least they aren't making EVERYONE stupid to prop up one character like they did that ep.

At least they are somewhat consistent? When it comes to her family she loses all sense.

When did Lillian Luthor knew Kara is Supergirl?

I'm not sure if this thing with Supergirl and Maggie is working.

At least they are somewhat consistent? When it comes to her family she loses all sense.
But even before her family became an issue, from the very first scene with the hostage crisis, we were obviously being positioned to be on Maggie's side, because Kara was being OOC-level cocky and cavalier. It's like the writers don't think it's possible to write this conflict without one party being written like an imbecile. Which is a shame, because it's a complicated argument worth exploring.

I hate Karas pep talks. I would've been surprised and happy if they let the bad guy win this one.

In Exodus, we saw Alex's dark side. Here we see Maggie's dark side. Is this Exodus 2.0?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"