Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 19 "Alex" MAJOR SPOILERS

Actually I wasn't implying that I expected any sort of relationship between Maxwell Lord and Alex, only meant to say that the actors had a certain chemistry that was entertaining to watch with their banter. Of course it was obvious that he knew she was spying on him, I just really enjoyed their chemistry/banter and it would've been great to have more of that in season 2, but of course it's too late for that now.

oh I see I apologize then

I also liked the fact that the show had a mysterious & sinister "Lex Luthor" archetype with Maxwell Lord that's sort of been missing since. Cadmus is outright evil and anti-alien but not really the same kind of villain.

well the actor said they weren't going with a lex archetype with lord. He said that alot and writers also pushed that as well. But I guess it was too hard to escape form the audience pov. But they said it was different. but I do see what you mean. with Cadmus.

How does Supergirl engage in vigilante justice when she works under and is sanctioned by the DEO? I really dont like Maggie nor how she went after Kara this episode

Personally i liked the episode allot. It was a very welcoming one for me.
Both Maggie and Kara had their faults and points regarding how to handle criminals. Kara got desperate and harsh fast, while Maggie did it towards the end. Eventually the guy's father was the help they needed. I like Kara but Maggie made me a fan! Both Kara and Maggie are important to Alex.

Not to keen on Lena losing her focus ugh!

How does Supergirl engage in vigilante justice when she works under and is sanctioned by the DEO? I really dont like Maggie nor how she went after Kara this episode

Maggie seemed to do a 180 imo in terms of Supergirl. Most of the season she's seemed cool with Supergirl then suddenly she considers her a vigilante in the way of police work.

I think its the Berlanti team once again going back to the Arrow well for story inspiration and contrived conflict.

Maggie seemed to do a 180 imo in terms of Supergirl. Most of the season she's seemed cool with Supergirl then suddenly she considers her a vigilante in the way of police work.

I think its the Berlanti team once again going back to the Arrow well for story inspiration and contrived conflict.
I have no problem with the storyline.
It seems to have worked out in the end.

It's a common theme on police shows that the local cops don't like working with the Feds and the Feds regard the local cops as a bunch of barney Fifes.

It's a good point about Supergirl working as a vigilante when she's working for the DEO. They need to decide what kind of crime fighter Supergirl is - working under the rules or working outside the rules like a vigilante.

I have no problem with the storyline.
It seems to have worked out in the end.

Eh, I just felt the sudden tension between Alex and Kara was forced as opposed to build up throughout the season but , to each is own.

It's a common theme on police shows that the local cops don't like working with the Feds and the Feds regard the local cops as a bunch of barney Fifes.

True , but its also common on Arrow given that's the exact dynamic between Oliver and Detective Lance , so while its common in cop shows ,I doubt that's where the Berlanti team, who's behind Arrow also, got their inspiration for Sawyer suddenly calling Supergirl a vigilante from the FBI and local law enforcement.

Hmmmm....I'm not sure if I agree with that...rewatch the scene in Ep. 4 where they are looking at the dead body of an alien in the trunk of a car and Kara flies in....I think what we saw in this episode was simply Maggie putting out there the feelings she has had all along. No matter how hard we try, a human is a human and they get jealous....even when they respect and care for some one, they can still get jealous. But, in the end....both learned valuable lessons. Good episode all the way around for me.

I thought the episode was okay , but it does feel like something is missing from the show in these last few episodes. This latter half of the season is feeling very smallville-ish but not the mostly solid season one and two of smallville.

I actually do think tossing Maxell Lord and Cat Grant did take something out of the series in terms of energy and edge.

Mon El seems to be just there now , Jimmy/Guardian barely makes an appearance, Snapper car is sort of a non entity most of the time, and even the sudden Maggie and Kara tension felt a bit contrived this late in the season.

I like most of the new characters but it just feels like the writing and energy isn't there.

I'm the opposite in that regard. I think the last few episodes have really stepped up in comparison to the majority of the season. Good writing, great acting and nice pacing (wen Guardian is not there.)
I definitely prefer Winn working with the DEO exclusively rather than as a side-kick to Guardian, whom I did not miss - and the same with his girlfriend...

As to the other characters, they can't all be sharing screen time simply because they occupy different aspects of Kara's life. The only way to do so, would be to get rid of either her Kara or Supergirl persona which won't happen. So there will be episodes where we don't see every person important to Kara's World. Thankfully though, with the last episode with Carr and this one with Maggie, they are stand-outs rather than just filler.

And I know, seeing how these are not part of any overall season arc, they should be filler, but they don't feel that way.

Anyway, I liked it. I can see Maggie getting upset at Supergirl. She works hours and hours trying to talk some perp down just to have someone crash in, and in a way invalidate all she had been doing.

As for Kara getting 'dumbed' I put it up to her gut-reaction when someone she loves is threatened. She does get hot-headed and fist-punchy, and we can reason that as being caused by having lost nearly all her family as a child. I'd say that's a major weak point for her, and when her reasoning goes a little bit 'bye-bye.'

Loved the Lena/Rhea scenes here, and how Rhea basically told the truth to Lena, but in a way that totally scews what happened into her favor. Who else is thinking the matter/transmitter she's proposing has more to do with taking over the Earth with troops from Daxam than actually getting home?

And I can't wait for Lena to find out Kara is Supergirl!

Hmmmm....I'm not sure if I agree with that...rewatch the scene in Ep. 4 where they are looking at the dead body of an alien in the trunk of a car and Kara flies in....I think what we saw in this episode was simply Maggie putting out there the feelings she has had all along. No matter how hard we try, a human is a human and they get jealous....even when they respect and care for some one, they can still get jealous. But, in the end....both learned valuable lessons. Good episode all the way around for me.

Saw that to, and with them not showing Maggie all that much, it's easy to think that when the camera is not 'rolling' on their private lives that everything is hunky-dory. They only have so much time with each character so they have to put lot into a constricted time frame.

Do people think Chyler and Maggie might get married eventually? And if they do, what will their names be? Chyler Sawyer? Or Maggie Danvers? Or maybe Chyler Danvers-Sawyer and Maggie Danvers-Sawyer? Or maybe it will be Sawyer-Danvers?

Some of the character bits were fine, but by and large? Idiot plot running on rails. Not even really enough to get angry about, mostly just forgettable.

On the plus side, no Jimmy.

Is this a survival technique then that you can fill your pants with water to use as a life jacket? But does it have to be a special type of pants? Wouldn't the water just seep through? And wouldn't water just fall out the ends of the leg holes? What exactly did Chyler do?

I loved this ep, I've always liked a race against the clock thriller and this was really well done with Kara and Maggie giving us a different team up combination, Alex going all MacGyver to survive and a good old fashioned creepy villain with a brain, a proper plan and a connection to the sisters.

My only complaint was that Maggie and Kara ended up simply guilt tripping the pops into giving them a possible location, instead of them definitively outsmarting the snide son, he needed that smug look wiped off his face.

I really like Lena and I'm hoping they resist turning her heel, but I have to admit I'm not interested in Rhea and her momma bear vendetta, she's far less engaging than Lillian and I think Brenda Strong carried a lot more menace in comparison to Teri Hatcher.

Best scene of the ep to me was Maggie talking to Alex through the laptop screen, great performance from Floriana Lima.

Ok thanks. So it's air inside the pants that are filling it up, not water.

You'd have to be treading water for a bit first while you're tying the knot and then swinging your pants over your head to fill with air.

One of the comments on that video mentioned that if you're wearing jeans with holes you'll probably drown.

Do people think Chyler and Maggie might get married eventually? And if they do, what will their names be? Chyler Sawyer? Or Maggie Danvers? Or maybe Chyler Danvers-Sawyer and Maggie Danvers-Sawyer? Or maybe it will be Sawyer-Danvers?

I think Alex and Maggie would most likely keep their unmarried names.

just watched the ep.

I must admit. I really liked it. probably one of the better eps I've seen in some time.

I appreciated the more serious tone, it got me to care about the supporting cast, and there was NO GUARDIAN!!

Oh, and as I've said before, I really wish they would show more flashbacks about younger Kara and Alex.

I also liked "Earth" Rhea, and now I actually think it was a missed opportunity.

Instead of Madame President secretly being an alien ( which so far has had no payoff all season ), they instead should have focused on Earth Rhea and Husband ( Kevin Sorbo ).

Make them a prominent power couple in the tech-business scene, a rival to Luther/Lena Corp, but keep them being aliens a secret during the season.

Cadmus and Lillian should have been the main threat all season, with hints that Rhea and hubby aren't exactly what they seem.

Of course, that would mean having to change the Mon-El story a bit, but right now it just feels like they introduced Rhea into the mix so late in the season to really care about her.

I think they should have built her up in her Earth disguise and THEN do the reveal she's Mon-El's mom.

just watched the ep.

I must admit. I really liked it. probably one of the better eps I've seen in some time.

I appreciated the more serious tone, it got me to care about the supporting cast, and there was NO GUARDIAN!!

Oh, and as I've said before, I really wish they would show more flashbacks about younger Kara and Alex.

I also liked "Earth" Rhea, and now I actually think it was a missed opportunity.

Instead of Madame President secretly being an alien ( which so far has had no payoff all season ), they instead should have focused on Earth Rhea and Husband ( Kevin Sorbo ).

Make them a prominent power couple in the tech-business scene, a rival to Luther/Lena Corp, but keep them being aliens a secret during the season.

Cadmus and Lillian should have been the main threat all season, with hints that Rhea and hubby aren't exactly what they seem.

Of course, that would mean having to change the Mon-El story a bit, but right now it just feels like they introduced Rhea into the mix so late in the season to really care about her.

I think they should have built her up in her Earth disguise and THEN do the reveal she's Mon-El's mom.

With much of the decision making I think on this series it was a matter of actor availability more than anything. I also think that the President side of this is about to get sticky....

Did they say that Maxwell Lord is one of the people who knows Supergirl's identity? Or did they just ignore him?

Did they say that Maxwell Lord is one of the people who knows Supergirl's identity? Or did they just ignore him?

They ignored him....

They ignored him....

Well that sucks. It's like they're pretending the 1st season never happened. It would be nice to have a nod to it.

Is this a survival technique then that you can fill your pants with water to use as a life jacket? But does it have to be a special type of pants? Wouldn't the water just seep through? And wouldn't water just fall out the ends of the leg holes? What exactly did Chyler do?

Yes, they teach us this in Navy boot camp as part of water survival techniques. Ordinary cotton pants work just fine. You tie the leg end in a knot. The pants being wet actually keep the air in.
So as long as their are no holes in the pants you can float for a long time with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"