Hawkeye Episodes 1 and 2 (Spoiler Discussion)

It will be interesting to see if Maya Lopez is Cheyenne in the MCU as she was in the comics. Back when the cast was announced it included Zahn McClarnon (Fargo) as William Lopez rather that William "Crazy Horse" Lincoln. However, McClarnon is half Irish so it's possible that William Lopez could be half Latino and half Native American and also Cheyenne.

I'm watching the pilot again. So the bell. If it really could be completely destroyed like that by simply being rang, isn't that a massive safety hazard that shouldn't be allowed to stand? :funny:
Not only that, but the belltower was named after Obadiah Stane. It was better off coming down.

So far it's been a fun ride for me. I like where Hawkeye ended up post End Game. Rogers the musical is a pretty funny but believable inclusion. Kate as a character has been sort of meh. Her initial 2012 intro was fine. The Bell Tower was a little over the top. I could see dropping the bell but the whole tower was a bit much. Her attitude towards her mom could use a few lines of dialogue explaining why she's been disdainful. Though her mom and future step dad do come off immediately as slimey.

The Ronan suit was a nice call back. Given that Clint's retired, it makes sense that they would need something personal like that to get him engaged again. Also given what we say in SM:HC with Adrian Toomes we know in the MCU there's a market for these types of "collectables".

I have to admit the LARPing was a nice touch. Thing is if it was mostly cops and firefighters they'd know better than to take that suit from the scene. Wish she'd just have dropped it while they were running, and Clint starts searching the internet for posts on tiktok to find it. Because yes if people found stuff like that in the society we live in they'd post it to show off.

Enjoyed the first two episodes, Steinfeld is as likeable as ever, but hope it picks up a little at the same time.

Dunno if this has been discussed, but I find their buddy-cop dynamic totally weird.

Kate supposedly worships Clint, and then they also have her unimpressed by Clint, feeling the need to comment on his life, the way he acts, etc. And it hasn't exactly been presented as a 'Don't meet your heroes' scenario, with Kate being disappointed that Clint is way more of a mess than she would have thought.

And on the other end, Clint finding Kate annoying also seems to rub up against his selflessness of trying to help her. It just feels like they awkwardly pushed for this banter-filled dynamic when the characters aren't in that place yet.

Also, LARPing as a joke feels quite dated and out of place. We're supposed to laugh at a bunch of nerds, in one of the nerdiest franchises ever.

Dunno if this has been discussed, but I find their buddy-cop dynamic totally weird.

Kate supposedly worships Clint, and then they also have her unimpressed by Clint, feeling the need to comment on his life, the way he acts, etc. And it hasn't exactly been presented as a 'Don't meet your heroes' scenario, with Kate being disappointed that Clint is way more of a mess than she would have thought.

And on the other end, Clint finding Kate annoying also seems to rub up against his selflessness of trying to help her. It just feels like they awkwardly pushed for this banter-filled dynamic when the characters aren't in that place yet.

Also, LARPing as a joke feels quite dated and out of place. We're supposed to laugh at a bunch of nerds, in one of the nerdiest franchises ever.
Actually, I was kind of hoping that the LARPers might show up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"