The Avengers vs The Dark Knight Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if I was just going by trailers I'd say The Avengers is the best so far. I'm so hyped off of that trailer. Why? Because it looked more like how I envision comic action more than anything else I've seen. I never once felt like I was watching an adaptation of a comic book. It looked and felt like the Avengers brought to life.

TASM and TDKR were also great trailers. TDKR probably is my next favorite trailer. TASM is a very good trailer although I wish there were more daytime fight sequences. Spider-Man blends into the darkness too much in some of those shots. I wish they'd brighten the costume a bit.

The ASM trailer was indeed awesome. But for sheer spectacle I'd still say Avengers tops it.

Really loved the scene with the car thief. That's just pure Spidey.

The ASM trailer was sweet but it doesn't compete with Batman or the Avengers, at least not to me.

The ASM trailer was sweet but it doesn't compete with Batman or the Avengers, at least not to me.

I agree. I liked everything involving the Lizard and Spidey quipping came off surprisingly well, but nothing else grabbed me. The action didn't look as good as what we've seen from The Avengers, especially.

I agree. I liked everything involving the Lizard and Spidey quipping came off surprisingly well, but nothing else grabbed me. The action didn't look as good as what we've seen from The Avengers, especially.
There's nothing wrong with the trailer. IMO it just simply doesn't have the scale of grandeur of the other two.

Yea, it's gonna be a good Summer. Spidey trolling that car thief was pure win.

I really did like the car thief scene. I think this will be a good year for CBMs, just wish Superman could have been in on the fun. *looks to window with a clear look of lament*

I agree, make it a three movie battle thread. Even though I seem to have a different opinion about the Spider-Man trailer then pretty much EVERYONE else. :csad:

I agree, make it a three movie battle thread. Even though I seem to have a different opinion about the Spider-Man trailer then pretty much EVERYONE else. :csad:
I didn't think it was phenomenal, but I'll probably make a point to see the movie now. I think you have to consider the fact that, before this trailer, there were a lot of people who had zero interest in this movie.

I didn't think it was phenomenal, but I'll probably make a point to see the movie now. I think you have to consider the fact that, before this trailer, there were a lot of people who had zero interest in this movie.

Very true.

It made an effort to tick a lot of fans' boxes, with the banter, the web-shooting, and some money shots of the Lizard. Definitely brought some new attention to the film.

I'm still not that interested in seeing it personally, but good reviews may spur me on.

Of the three superhero movies coming out this year, The Amazing Spider-Man has had the best trailer (so far).

To go from mildly interested to "See you at the midnight showing" after just one trailer is pretty damn impressive.

Of the three superhero movies coming out this year, The Amazing Spider-Man has had the best trailer (so far).

To go from mildly interested to "See you at the midnight showing" after just one trailer is pretty damn impressive.
It certainly gave me much more interest in the project. It's different in the right ways to Raimi and through that represents a different side to the character and mythos. I really liked almost everything in the trailer.

I still would not call it the best trailer yet though. The dramatic weight and tension of the Dark Knight Rises trailer gives it the edge.

This is how I see it going domestic (WW is a crap shoot)

TDKR: $450m+

Avengers: $380m

Spider-man: $300m+

I see Avengers making more because it has the various heroes audiences watching it, it's trailer was the most downloaded and it has many more fan girls interested than any other movie.

Spider-Man is a guaranteed success, but i don't think it will make as much as these two.

I'd say the fan-girls would go for the more Twilight-esque new Spider-man.

Garfield and Stone will appeal to them more.

I agree with that.

If (500) Days of Summer is any indication, Webb should have a nice balance appeals that hopefully will satisfy both genders quite well.

TDKR will be exactly what BB and TDK were; definite guy movies.

Well one of my girl friends fell asleep during TDK at the cinema... so yeah, can't argue with that statement. :o

A buddy of mine was telling me the other day that his ex-gf didn't realize Bruce Wayne was Batman until halfway through the movie.

He wisely broke up with her soon after. :o

I see Avengers making more because it has the various heroes audiences watching it, it's trailer was the most downloaded and it has many more fan girls interested than any other movie.

Spider-Man is a guaranteed success, but i don't think it will make as much as these two.

That's basically the same audience. There's a lot of crossover there.

Yeah, I kinda doubt their are legions of people who went to Thor but not Cap. :o

After seeing that clip the studio released of TASM, I worry that the trailer is a 'Phantom Menace', it shows you all the flash bang wallop of the action, but at the center of the movie has a somewhat lifeless performance from the actor.
I hope I am wrong, but I was a bit dubious about his performance as PP/SM when I first saw the trailer, and the clip was much worse than the trailer footage.

So is it me or the name of Spider-man keeps appearing and dissapearing from the thread title?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"