The Official PS4 Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you see the series going, carrying on from where U3 left off?
Drake and Elena married/re-married and going on adventures, I'd like a Vita game to fill in that story between U2/U3 always felt like I had missed something.

Well I don't know but I just don't like main character having father/kid relationship Seen them before it's getting a bit boring for me. I'm sure ND have best people working for them. They can come out with a great storyline. Oh I did like playing as a Young Drake maybe they explore that a bit more.

Well I don't know but I just don't like main character having father/kid relationship Seen them before it's getting a bit boring for me.

Taken 3 with Nathan Drake! :awesome: But seriously, if they have a kid, I wouldn't mind it it's kinda like Mummy 2. The kid and family dynamic didn't annoy me there.

You guys really want an Uncharted 4? It's a new generation, I'd much rather Naughty Dog make something new.

Uncharted is too big an exclusive to not get more.

And if not Uncharted, at least a spiritual successor.

I'd play anything from Naughty Dog they know how to make a compelling game.
More Uncharted would be great it's one of my top gaming series. I don't understand the hate for a family/child ... Sure Indie didn't do a good job but ND will make it work, the girl in Last of Us doesn't look like an annoying distraction.

I really, reeeally want Naughty Dog to get the rights of Crash back.

Honestly I'd be bummed by that too. Naughty Dog has proven that they can make fantastic, original games. Now they have so much more freedom to do so many more things, to get locked into doing sequels seems like a waste to me. Last of Us sounds like it is one of the best games of this generation, why should it be iterated on?

Look how much excitement Watch Dogs has gotten since it was revealed, why? Because it's finally something fresh in this exceedingly long generation cycle.

Last edited:
Just got an email from Best Buy saying the PS4 release date has been changed to 11/30/13. Doesnt seem right as thats a Saturday and after Black Friday.

You guys really want an Uncharted 4? It's a new generation, I'd much rather Naughty Dog make something new.
thats what they did with The Last of Us. Theres no reason why they cant create UC4 while also continuing to create original IPs. The studio has expanded quite a bit since their first project on the PS3. They can handle more than one game at a time and chances are they have been working on their PS4 title for at least a year now, with TLOU team moving on to their next project now that that is done.

Uncharted is too big an exclusive to not get more.
IA. Not only is it too big an exclusive, it IS Sony's biggest exclusive. None of the others really come close to what they've been able to establish here. It is a system seller and it would be incredibly foolish to not create another

Last edited:
I think the case can be made that Uncharted, specifically Uncharted 2, was one of the most impactful games of this generation next to Call of Duty. The gameplay was nothing entirely new or innovative, but the way the game was presented really changed how action/adventure games are made and look.

I want a Uncharted 20, I love the franchise to bits. It was the main reason I got a PS3 and I love the characters and stories more than I have enjoyed any other video game in a long time.

I want a Uncharted 20, I love the franchise to bits. It was the main reason I got a PS3 and I love the characters and stories more than I have enjoyed any other video game in a long time.

I'm really jonesing to play these. I'll probably grab the Uncharted 3 bundle and pick up the collection with the first two right off the bat.

I think we are to quick to assume that Naughty Dog will be the ones that develop the next Uncharted. Sony could easily give the next game to another studio while Naughty Dog comes up with something new.

I'm really jonesing to play these. I'll probably grab the Uncharted 3 bundle and pick up the collection with the first two right off the bat.

Yeah I got the Uncharted 3 PS3 bundle last year and quickly got the Uncharted 1&2 Collection because there was no way I was playing them out of order. Of course I didn't know at the time that a Uncharted 3 Game of the Year edition was on the horizon. :mad:

U3 has so many map packs...

Just got an email from Best Buy saying the PS4 release date has been changed to 11/30/13. Doesnt seem right as thats a Saturday and after Black Friday.

thats what they did with The Last of Us. Theres no reason why they cant create UC4 while also continuing to create original IPs. The studio has expanded quite a bit since their first project on the PS3. They can handle more than one game at a time and chances are they have been working on their PS4 title for at least a year now, with TLOU team moving on to their next project now that that is done.

IA. Not only is it too big an exclusive, it IS Sony's biggest exclusive. None of the others really come close to what they've been able to establish here. It is a system seller and it would be incredibly foolish to not create another
I was going to say the same thing about The Last of Us. Continuing to make the Uncharted series and maintaining the top standards in gaming throughout has not prevented them from creating another game at the same time that could easily be Game of the Year and one of the best reviewed games of the generation. The Uncharted series provides the kind of almost guaranteed revenue stream that enables a growing studio to be able to take risks like TLOU. IF they just make one-off games, a couple of mixed games in a row and they are back to having to play it safe again. Franchise IPs move systems no matter how good a one off game is as people aren't going to be replaying that game for 8 years and it's difficult to find that magic every time to be able to hit nearly every one-off game out of the park. With a franchise you can have games that aren't regarded as highly as the rest of the franchise eg AC: Revelations and still keep the momentum of the series & its influence going.

And I also agree that it's the biggest exclusive at Sony. I like God of War at least as much but that's a personal preference. If you were going to pick one Sony exclusive for them to take forward to the next gen I believe most people would say Uncharted.

Last edited:
Those who work at EB/GameStop are also being told 11/30. Makes sense actually...You avoid the insane dopes that go out in droves and hog up everything on BF...then release the consoles, which will probably be preorder's only a day later.

It could still just be a placeholder. They know it will release sometime in November so just say by the end of the month. Amazon has the Xbox One listed as 11/30 too.

You can see the Naughty Dog influence in the latest DK games.

Assuming you have a Nintendo console, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"