The Official PS4 Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be great. All of their Crash games are awesome.

I agree they are favorite games of all time I continue to play them even today! I was hoping PS4 would bring the surprise of not only U4 but Crash 4 and Jak 4. I'm so insane in the membrane but I won't give up my ridiculous hope! PS4 the gen of the 4's

Those who work at EB/GameStop are also being told 11/30. Makes sense actually...You avoid the insane dopes that go out in droves and hog up everything on BF...then release the consoles, which will probably be preorder's only a day later.
Im inclined to think it is a placeholder bc that is Black Friday weekend. People camp out for consoles. I don't think retailers will want that during the busiest weekend of the year bc it gets in the way of all those BF customers that are there for other stuff. There is going to be too much traffic in and out of stores and it would be too much of a mess for retailers to coordinate one specific item when they have too much other stuff going on. I cant see Sony planning it that day with all that to take into account.

It's gonna be unadulterated madness if they drop on the same week. Hide your wife, hide your kids, etc.

It's gonna be unadulterated madness if they drop on the same week. Hide your wife, hide your kids, etc.
you know what? I think it would be kind of cool if they did. Im not sure if theres ever been two major consoles which launched so close together. I guess one could say the PS3 and Wii, but the Wii was really in a league of its own. It would be really interesting if they were the same week. Even if its still just the same month, thats kind of big

I still haven't decided if I want a PS4 at launch. I'd like to wait a few months for some better games or a price drop maybe. But last week my PS3 got the YLOD, and while I had it fixed and it's working fine now, I'm afraid it might crap completely sometime between now and PS4 launch. I really just need it to make it through October so I can play Arkham Origins and Beyond Two Souls.

It could still just be a placeholder. They know it will release sometime in November so just say by the end of the month. Amazon has the Xbox One listed as 11/30 too.

Could be...But from working at GS in the past their place holder dates always tend to be around 1/1/14...For anything.

23j0131.png

XYBgt.gif

I think Crash is great...but I reallllly want another Ratchet and Clank and another Jak and Daxter.

I still haven't decided if I want a PS4 at launch. I'd like to wait a few months for some better games or a price drop maybe. But last week my PS3 got the YLOD, and while I had it fixed and it's working fine now, I'm afraid it might crap completely sometime between now and PS4 launch. I really just need it to make it through October so I can play Arkham Origins and Beyond Two Souls.
If it does die you could download them on PS4.

If it does die you could download them on PS4.

That's not true. The streaming service isn't launching until sometime next year, I expect pretty late in the year, and even then they are being very vague about the games that will be available.

From how they talk about the steaming service, it is going to be a long, slow rollout.

That's not true. The streaming service isn't launching until sometime next year, I expect pretty late in the year, and even then they are being very vague about the games that will be available.

From how they talk about the steaming service, it is going to be a long, slow rollout.
I didn't say when did I?! :woot:

i have one ordered with BB. I don't think there is a bonus and really they don't need to throw one in as these will sell out. No protection plan for me, at least not yet

Nice. I'm going to make my preorder at BB in the next few days and I agree, there's really no need for any bonuses. I was just curious if there was any that might be available. I'll def be getting a protection plan though.

I highly doubt there will be a price drop only a few months after release. Maybe by next holiday season, or even longer when the PS4 slim model gets released lol. But $399 for this console is such a good deal imo, I've no reason to wait for a drop in the cost.

Sorry to hear about your YLOD issue, man. I had the same thing happen to my 'close to launch' 60gb model after about 3 years. I tried repairing it a couple of times but it only made it another month or so after each repair before busting again. I ended up getting a Slim 160gb and she's still running great after 3 1/2 years. I really hope the next gen has limited issues.

Is this YLOD thing common? I've not really heard much about it outside of the Hype. And is it something that only started late in the generation?

sounds like its more frequent on the older models.

contemplating getting a ps3 for a while now or wait it out until ps4 comes out. the main reason is i want to be able to play live with my friends but ill have to pay extra to do that with the ps4 anyway.

Is this YLOD thing common? I've not really heard much about it outside of the Hype. And is it something that only started late in the generation?

I guess it really depends on your 'circle.' Besides the Hype I also attend other forums and have seen this issue come up frequently not to mention that most of my friends/coworkers/family with the 'fat' PS3s have encountered the problem. It's quite common actually but I don't think it's as severe as the Red Ring of Death on Microsoft's end. And from what I've seen the YLOD is mostly aimed at the early models...so much going on under the hood with ineffective cooling.

I think the YLOD is much less an issue with the Slims though. Sony removed a lot of the extra heat causing probs, the PS2 emulator for example, reduced the size of the chip from 90nm to 45nm, made a larger, thicker heatsink and put in a much nicer fan, one that you'd see in higher end computers.

The original fat PS3s had the YLOD, with most people experiencing it at around the 3 year mark. Its less of an issue in the Slim and Super Slim which followed

I've had my fat model since 2008. Maybe it was fixed by then.

Got my ps3 a year into its life cycle hasn't YOLD on me yet........(goes and knocks on wood)

Well damn, mine is a launch fat one. Should be safe if I don't allow it to overheat right? PS3 is my secondary console so I'm not usually on it for 10 hours at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"