• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Escape from New York (Remake) - Part 1

Radio Silence To Direct New ‘Escape From New York’ Pic – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Hot directing team Radio Silence will next direct the reboot of Escape From New York for 20th Century Studios.

The Picture Company partners Andrew Rona & Alex Heineman will produce the film along with Radio Silence.

Original filmmaker John Carpenter will serve as executive producer of the film. The film is a Studiocanal library title and the French company will hold distribution rights to the film in several territories. The Picture Company has an overall deal with Studiocanal.

Word is quiet on the approach for the film, but sources say a writer search is underway.

Hoping it's a sequel to Escape From LA and finishes that story

Radio Silence is a great pick.

Curious to see how they're gonna pull this off.

Wish them the best of luck. Wonder who's going to be the new Snake.

Radio Silence filmmakers say new 'Escape From New York' film will not be a remake

Asked about the status of Radio Silence's reboot, Villella described the project as still being in the "very, very early stages."

"We're very excited to be working with 20th Century on that," he continued. "We're developing our take, and hopefully, it will be going to script sometime in the New Year, and just really starting to lay the groundwork for that. But very early stages."

So is the plan for the new movie to be a sequel or a remake?

"Not a remake," said Gillett. "That's one of those properties that you can't [remake], it's sort of untouchable to us, and lives in its own stratosphere in terms of how important it is to us, and how much we love it. So it'll be not unlike Scream, I think, a nod to, and a continuation of, what we love about those characters and that world."

Now the million dollar question: does Escape from LA count? Kind of an important question given how the film ended

I don’t like Escape from L.A. but it should still count.

[URL="https://variety.com/2023/film/features/john-carpenter-career-interview-director-halloween-the-thing-1235485167/"]At 75, Legendary Director John Carpenter Isn't Done Raising Hell in Hollywood - Variety[/URL]

Are you going to be involved at all with the new “Escape From New York” film? The news just came out a couple weeks ago.

No one told me about it. This is the thing about my career in Hollywood — no one tells me anything. They never tell me things. Have they cast it yet?

Not that I know of. The group that did the latest “Scream” movie is going to do this one. I don’t know if it’s a remake or a third Snake movie.

Hey, great. The last I heard was they were developing it where Snake would be a woman. But, no, I haven’t heard about this latest thing. No one wants me around, and they don’t tell me anything to keep me in the dark. It’s safer for them. [His wife says something in the background.] Apparently, we got an email. My wife tells me we got an email.

Hell yes it should. Snake basically sent the human race back to the stone-age. You have to pick up that thread if there's a third.

Agreed. I didn't think much of EFL.A overall but it had a great ending. Basically the whole world is now like New York in the first movie. They can't NOT follow it up in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"