People make me sad (PS3 related)

no, you don't 'need' a blu-ray player... but if you could get the next generation of video hardware for $200, why wouldn't you?

Mr. Credible said:
no, you don't 'need' a blu-ray player... but if you could get the next generation of video hardware for $200, why wouldn't you?
I don't want one.

I would rather wait & get the players that will play both HD & Blu Ray.

Mr. Credible said:

There is no god damned next generation of video hardware. all sony propoganda. more space and a little more colour does not, sound to me, like a gigantic leap that I NEED or even want.

But when people buy into the sony crap about blu ray being next gen video hardware, the world is in a sad state.

Addendum said:
Which doesn't affect you at all
Never said it did:o

TrailerCues said:

They may not even make a DVD player that plays Standard in addition to HD or Blu-Ray. One that plays both is even less likely. Plus it'd cost $1,000.

Mr. Credible said:
wrong. they care. everyone cares. unless it's a handheld system, then people care about graphics... everyone will get sick and tired of waving their arms around no more than 3 months after the Wii is released. mark my words.

The kids you're probably talking about are under 12 (I can't see someone over that having a fit about not getting a console). I have yet to meet a 12 year old who cares about graphics. 13 is when they start caring more about graphics.

Mr. Credible said:
the thousands of people who didn't but buy mario sunshine, mario golf, mario soccer, football, tennis, paper, etc... would disagree... and i don't think people are going to buy 'twilight princess wii' just for the extra fishing minigame.

And the MILLIONS who did buy those games would disagree was well. First, both TP's have the fishing game. Second, people will buy it b/c of the unique controll applications and superior technology compared to the GC version. Both will definately sell well. If you don't think TP will sell well, you're nuts. Even WHF, who pretty much hates anything not MS could admit it.

Mr. Credible said:
that's the thing... so many people are re going to buy a PS3, just because it's a PS3... so when they see hd-dvds and blu-rays sitting next to eachother at their local walmart, which are they going to get?

blu-ray will win because people can either buy an hd-dvd player for close to $800 (at least) or they can buy a PS3, and get a blu-ray player, too.

Probably standard. Blu-Ray and HD will probably be nearly $50. What does that extra $30 get you? Crisper picture? Better sound? Nothing amazing considering you're paying more than twice that of a standard DVD.

Mr. Credible said:
wrong. they care. everyone cares. unless it's a handheld system, then people care about graphics... everyone will get sick and tired of waving their arms around no more than 3 months after the Wii is released. mark my words.

No they don't care, not at all. My bosses kids usually come into the shop and play their games there while their dad works and guess which system they have? A ****ing Genesis. Kid's don't care about graphics. I don't know if you've had any experience with children before but as long as the game is fun, the kids will play it.

TrailerCues said:

They are two completely different technologies.

Look how long it took Mac's to be able to run PC stuff.

wth is blue-ray anyways?........is it that ****ing different from normal ****?

xwolverine2 said:
All you need to know about Blu-Ray is that you don't need it.

xwolverine2 said:
No it uses a blue laser (but so does HD-DVD). Which has a shorter wavelength than a red laser that CD and DVD use. It allows for 5 times the data density on the disk. For example CD's use 1 layer with either 650 or 700 Megabytes of data on it. DVD's can have 2 layers. With 4 and some change Gigabytes per layer. A double layer DVD can have aobut 9 GB on it. Blu-ray has 25 Gigabytes per layer. So a 2 layer disk is 50 GB. HD-DVD can have 15-20 GB per layer. This allows you to have HD content. Which is like 1 GB per 5 minutes or something.

lars573 said:
No it uses a blue laser (but so does HD-DVD). Which has a shorter wavelength than a red laser that CD and DVD use. It allows for 5 times the data density on the disk. For example CD's use 1 layer with either 650 or 700 Megabytes of data on it. DVD's can have 2 layers. With 4 and some change Gigabytes per layer. A double layer DVD can have aobut 9 GB on it. Blu-ray has 25 Gigabytes per layer. So a 2 layer disk is 50 GB. HD-DVD can have 15-20 GB per layer. This allows you to have HD content. Which is like 1 GB per 5 minutes or something.
............so.............

whats the difference?how would i enjoy my dvds better?:confused:

xwolverine2 said:
............so.............

whats the difference?how would i enjoy my dvds better?:confused:
That's what I don't get either.
I think my DVD's look fine.
How can they look better when they already look good.

Native 720P 1080I/P resolution in movies. No need for upconverting filtering. But if you don't care it doesn't matter anyway.

xwolverine2 said:
thats crazy talk!!:down

just look at the specs man, another teleflop means alot and I heard they are going to utilize all the machines capabilities. They realize it is not all about grapichs but also game play, you'll see

Horrorfan said:
Today I went into my local Game store in the UK, and the guy asked me if I'd like to be put on pre order for ps3 and wii. I laughed at ps3 but said yeah to wii. I asked how ps3 was doing, and he said that the interest is definitly there, and its doing as well as wii.(and they all know the price too as well ).

see? I told you not to underestimate the stupidity of people :(

That sucks. People shouldn't have reserved it or whatever, because if people didn't buy into it, Sony would have to take it back and do something different or simply just lower the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"