People make me sad (PS3 related)

yeah... god forbid that people pay $600 for a console that will do everything a 360 will do, (probably) with better graphics, plus play blu-ray dvd's. (when a blu-ray/hd-dvd player alone will cost you at least $700-ish)

granted, the 360 is going to have alot of effing awesome games by the time the PS3 hits shelves, but did that hurt the original XBOX? nope, not really.

maybe there idiots because they think they have no choice..............i do

The thing with Blu-ray is that there is no guarantee that it will win "the war" with HD-DVD, or that enough people will actually see a need to switch over.

Microsoft is taking the smart approach with the HD-DVD drive being an optional device.

^Many people actually prefer HD over blu-ray.

SpeedballLives said:
My ps2 has worked since I got, on launch day. I've taken it apart to clean the laser though(It refused to even play ps1 or Ico at one point, NO ONE REFUSES ICO!).
Anyway, I'm with the whole PS3 is gonna and Wii is gonna win this gen. So what if the graphics won't be like the PS3, if they can get them to look like Resident Evil 4, then I will be very happy.
No one, except for very rich a**holes and idiots are gonna buy the PS3.
Anyone with a kid or a brain is gonna buy a Wii.
Can't wait to finally get off my ass and actually interact with a game.
Picture this.Kid asks for a game console.Mom sees PS3 price.Mom see's Wii price.Mom buys Wii.It's that simple.

Darkdd said:
^Many people actually prefer HD over blu-ray.
That's what i've heard as well.
I heard Blu-ray isn't really that impressive.
Plus, why do I need to switch when I don't have a problem with my DVD player and how the films look?

Darkdd said:
Picture this.Kid asks for a game console.Mom sees PS3 price.Mom see's Wii price.Mom buys Wii.It's that simple.
She'll also be happy because the kid will get off his ass as well.

Mr. Credible said:
yeah... god forbid that people pay $600 for a console that will do everything a 360 will do, (probably) with better graphics, plus play blu-ray dvd's. (when a blu-ray/hd-dvd player alone will cost you at least $700-ish)

granted, the 360 is going to have alot of effing awesome games by the time the PS3 hits shelves, but did that hurt the original XBOX? nope, not really.

PS3's graphics on their launch games look no better than the 360's. $600 is a lot of money, especially for a console in this day and age where the most they have been are $400. Playing Blu-Ray won't really help. There's no demand for a new DVD format and there's no guarantee it will beat HD.

What helped the Xbox was Halo. It was the best FPS in years. So far, it doesn't seem the PS3 will have a launch title with the magnititude that Halo had.

Darkdd said:

kid sees Wii's graphics... then sees 360's/PS3's graphics... then waves his arm around for a while... then cries himself to sleep.

Mr. Credible said:
kid sees Wii's graphics... then sees 360's/PS3's graphics... then waves his arm around for a while... then cries himself to sleep.

Since the kid in your version is obviously young, I doubt they'd care about graphics. Plus, there's the games. Why would a parent spend more money on a console with games that have M ratings when there is one that is 1/3 the price and has E games?

Why the hell do you care what other people chose to spend their money on. If they want a ps3 let them have, it doesn't affect you in any way. All you are doing is wasting your energy and time b****ing about something completely out of your control.

spideylover89 said:
Why the hell do you care what other people chose to spend their money on. If they want a ps3 let them have, it doesn't affect you in any way. All you are doing is wasting your energy and time b****ing about something completely out of your control.

It's not that they're buying it that's bad, it's that they're buying into Sony's bull****.

Spidey-Bat said:
Since the kid in your version is obviously young, I doubt they'd care about graphics. Plus, there's the games. Why would a parent spend more money on a console with games that have M ratings when there is one that is 1/3 the price and has E games?

Kids don't really give a crap about graphics.
They wanna play as people they find cool, like Link, Samus and Mario(Everyone loves Mario, if you don't, then get out of my country).
Plus the controller is unlike anything we've seen. They look at the PS3 controller(same old, same old) then the Wii's controller, the kids are gonna find the Wii a little bit more fun because it's something new and it creates a new way to play a game.

Spidey-Bat said:
It's not that they're buying it that's bad, it's that they're buying into Sony's bull****.
Which doesn't affect you at all

Exactly. Look I'm not chosing sides because it doesn't matter. People will buy what they like regardless of how stupid it may seem to other people. And you know what, just let them because it's their money and it's their right to spend however they want. You saying they're idiots and sony is full of it doesn't mean a damn thing to them because they like it and your opinion is your opinion.

SpeedballLives said:
Kids don't really give a crap about graphics.

wrong. they care. everyone cares. unless it's a handheld system, then people care about graphics... everyone will get sick and tired of waving their arms around no more than 3 months after the Wii is released. mark my words.

SpeedballLives said:
They wanna play as people they find cool, like Link, Samus and Mario(Everyone loves Mario, if you don't, then get out of my country).
the thousands of people who didn't but buy mario sunshine, mario golf, mario soccer, football, tennis, paper, etc... would disagree... and i don't think people are going to buy 'twilight princess wii' just for the extra fishing minigame.

SpeedballLives said:
Plus the controller is unlike anything we've seen. They look at the PS3 controller(same old, same old) then the Wii's controller, the kids are gonna find the Wii a little bit more fun because it's something new and it creates a new way to play a game.

funny that you don't mention the 360 controller, which is more "same old, same old" than the PS3 contoller.

SpeedballLives said:
That's what i've heard as well.
I heard Blu-ray isn't really that impressive.
Plus, why do I need to switch when I don't have a problem with my DVD player and how the films look?
To be fair there is only one Blu-ray player out now, fomr Samsung. And appearantly Samsung doesn't make good DVD players. Sony's own player will launch about 2 months before the PS3. But as of right now it looks like Toshiba HD-DVD player>Samsung Blu-ray player.

Also if you have a progressive scan DVD player, or PS2, your getting 480P resolution if you hook it up to an HDTV.

Spidey-Bat said:
What helped the Xbox was Halo. It was the best FPS in years. So far, it doesn't seem the PS3 will have a launch title with the magnititude that Halo had.
Halo became a system seller for the Xbox, it was a new franchise. Except Japan, the only way M$ could ahve sold Xboxes there would have been to have a J-idol giving handjobs for every Xbox sold (Gammy quote this an insert an example please). Problem is 5 years later everyone has copied Halo innovations.

Spidey-Bat said:
Much as I'll enjoy Zelda:TP Wii I really hope that they don't do 80% kids games.

It will effect you eventually.....if sony wins again, undeservedly, x box or nintendo might decide not to produce any more consoles. unlikey, but people would have said that about sega too. and if that happened, you would have two choices: sony or nothing. microsoft wont stay in the game forever if it keeps loosing undeservedly because a bunch of idiots are so loyal to a company who treats them like the morons they are.

Not to mention if blu ray is sucessful, sony would have forced you to buy an uneeded product, and much like vhs, you will have to eventually switch over, even though you dont really need to or want to this time round, seeing as its basically no different to dvd.

and what about when more companies decide to make more nad more games ps3 exclusive? those of us here who will buy a wii and 360 will be left out. remember gamecube? it was dead in the water for years now, with only the odd title to keep it afloat.

So if you dont think it will effect you, think about it more in future. Of course these are only potential outcomes, but still.

Addendum said:
The thing with Blu-ray is that there is no guarantee that it will win "the war" with HD-DVD, or that enough people will actually see a need to switch over.

Microsoft is taking the smart approach with the HD-DVD drive being an optional device.

that's the thing... so many people are re going to buy a PS3, just because it's a PS3... so when they see hd-dvds and blu-rays sitting next to eachother at their local walmart, which are they going to get?

blu-ray will win because people can either buy an hd-dvd player for close to $800 (at least) or they can buy a PS3, and get a blu-ray player, too.

Mr. Credible said:
Kid can't pay for it himself.Kid sucks it up.(Plus i haven't really seen any kid targeted games/launches for the PS3.)

Horrorfan said:
It will effect you eventually.....if sony wins again, undeservedly, x box or nintendo might decide not to produce any more consoles. unlikey, but people would have said that about sega too. and if that happened, you would have two choices: sony or nothing. microsoft wont stay in the game forever if it keeps loosing undeservedly because a bunch of idiots are so loyal to a company who treats them like the morons they are.

Not to mention if blu ray is sucessful, sony would have forced you to buy an uneeded product, and much like vhs, you will have to eventually switch over, even though you dont really need to or want to this time round, seeing as its basically no different to dvd.

and what about when more companies decide to make more nad more games ps3 exclusive? those of us here who will buy a wii and 360 will be left out. remember gamecube? it was dead in the water for years now, with only the odd title to keep it afloat.

So if you dont think it will effect you, think about it more in future. Of course these are only potential outcomes, but still.
No company can force an individual to buy anything. Ultimately, it's up the individual to spend their money on a particular product.

I'm eventually getting a 360 because out of this new generation of consoles, it has the most games I want to play on it. However, those games have yet to be released. PS3 has 1 game I want to play on it, but I personally think it's idiotic to buy a console for 1 damn game. So far, the Wii has no games I want to play on it. And I already have a few emulators on my computer, so that feature doesn't play into thing. So, I'm sticking with my Xbox and PS2.

The only exclusives I give a damn about are the ones that interest me. If they don't interest me, I don't play them. I also don't give a damn about the people on here who think they might be left out. That doesn't enter to my enjoyment or playing of a videogame.

I don't buy products because they are successful. I buy a product when I want one. I don't want a Blu-ray player, or an HD-DVD player, nor do I have a need for one. Just because there may be some fickle people who have a need to obtain every new thing that comes out doesn't mean everyone is like that.

So buy the crap you enjoy and stop *****ing if someone decides to get something you don't want.

It's the ****ing mentality of 5 year olds

Mr. Credible said:
that's the thing... so many people are re going to buy a PS3, just because it's a PS3... so when they see hd-dvds and blu-rays sitting next to eachother at their local walmart, which are they going to get?

blu-ray will win because people can either buy an hd-dvd player for close to $800 (at least) or they can buy a PS3, and get a blu-ray player, too.
Or they could just buy the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD hybrid...:confused:

Mr. Credible said:

thats why people who buy ps3s are idiots. You dont NEED a BLU-RAY or HD-DVD, but no, sonys little puppet ****** fanboys dont think about stuff like that.. Their intelligence seems to equal '' sony = me want''.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"