Evil Dead 4?

That was one of the cool things about the remake. They used very little CGI. The vast majority of the stuff was all practical. And with Raimi involved, I can see them doing as much practically as possible on the show.

Bruce Campbell Reveals New Evil Dead Plans With Director Lee Cronin – Exclusive

Speaking to Empire in the Heroes Issue, Ash himself – aka the ever-groovy Bruce Campbell – opened up about the latest developments around a new film. “We’re just getting off the phone with Lee Cronin, who is writing and directing the next Evil Dead,” he confirmed when asked whether there was life in the old cabin in the woods. “It’s called Evil Dead Now. Sam handpicked Lee – he did a cool movie called The Hole In The Ground. We’re going to get that sucker out as soon as practical.”

As in Fede Alvarez’s 2013 Evil Dead, this one won’t feature Ash, who has hung up the chainsaw and shotgun for perhaps the last time – and will, by the sounds of things, centre on a female protagonist. “From this point forward, they kind of have to stand on their own. Which is fine. And liberating,” says Campbell. “You could have different heroes, different heroines in this case. This one’s gonna be a little more dynamic.” He added: “We jut want to keep the series current. And the mantra, really, is that our heroes and heroines are just regular people. That’s what we’re going to continue.”

Three seasons of Ash vs. Evil Dead was a gift I thought, but I really don't know how much I care for the brand without Bruce Campbell. Raimi too. I never watched the reboot (or the first reboot now I guess)

I would have to see who they get to play the main character. Alvarez's take was okay but I wasn't all that interested in it. Jane Levy did fine but then it didn't go anywhere either.

Yeah, I’m curious what this is. We’ve had a “remake” already with the first film. Wasn’t that already an Evil Dead Now? So would this be more in the vein of Evil Dead II or Army of Darkness?

It's a shame Ash won't be in it. I don't know if you can make an Evil Dead movie without him, Ash is such an important part of it. That's also why the remake didn't really work for me. Ash is Evil Dead. (imo) It's almost like making a Nightmare on Elmstreet movie without Freddy Krueger.

Three seasons of Ash vs. Evil Dead was a gift I thought, but I really don't know how much I care for the brand without Bruce Campbell. Raimi too. I never watched the reboot (or the first reboot now I guess)

I am glad we finally did get to see an older Ash. It was everything I wanted... I'm still upset that they canceled the show :argh:

I am glad we finally did get to see an older Ash. It was everything I wanted... I'm still upset that they canceled the show :argh:

Did the show give an ending to Ash? I’ve only seen the movies but was curious if it felt like a proper ending to the character.

Did the show give an ending to Ash? I’ve only seen the movies but was curious if it felt like a proper ending to the character.
Not really,
He himself transported to a post-apocalyptic future, all set for further adventures. Which never came.
Shame it was cancelled. I really liked it.

Not really,
He himself transported to a post-apocalyptic future, all set for further adventures. Which never came.
Shame it was cancelled. I really liked it.

Well it's kind of an ending. I didn't see it as a cliffhanger
it's similar to the ending of Army of Darkness

If you like the movies you should really watch the show. Ash is exactly how I thought and hoped he would turn out after all these years

She already got torn to shreds in the first season of Ash vs. Evil Dead.
True but that really doesn't matter with this franchise. Worse continuity than X-Men.

She's better off doing her own franchise if she gets the chance because replacing Campbell in Evil Dead is just asking for backlash.

I'd watch it though because Weaving getting the chance to spew one liners while committing acts of violence against some evil entity MUST MUST be a thing, Evil Dead film or not.

Wait I thought Campbell was returning but he wouldn't be getting on the action? Or did I read that wrong?

Anyway still not seen season 3 of Ash Vs Evil Dead yet but the first 2 seasons were great, hope that stays in continuity.

I never saw the end of AvED as a cliffhanger at all. Perfect way to leave off with Ash. Wouldn't say no to more, ever, but Campbell seems to be holding firm to his decision to retire as the character and I respect that. All things considered, Ash got a great ending and a story reason to be off the table, so moving forward without him makes sense.

It does seem really odd to be looking for a female lead when you have Mia and Kelly already though. I'd be using all the "familiar" I could moving forward without Ash. Bring them all together, you'll have a mini-crossover event to market that won't cost much money but would be fun for fans.

I don’t think anyone outside of fans remember the remake from 2013 so that’s probably why they’re going with a new lead, especially if this is going theatrical.

I liked the remake also and would love Jane Levy to come back she was awesome.

The best part of that movie was Ash just saying "Groovy" at the end.

I never saw the end of AvED as a cliffhanger at all. Perfect way to leave off with Ash. Wouldn't say no to more, ever, but Campbell seems to be holding firm to his decision to retire as the character and I respect that. All things considered, Ash got a great ending and a story reason to be off the table, so moving forward without him makes sense.

Yeah the writers wouldn't end the season like that if they thought they were getting a fourth season. The only way out of that is if you would somehow make it a dream sequence.

I remember reading a while ago that they were also making another Evil Dead videogame with Ash of course, (Bruce Campbell was talking about the voice work he did) but I haven't heard anything about it recently

Edit. This was the article The upcoming “immersive” Evil Dead game will not be VR

Sam Raimi's quality control as a producer is kind of all over the map.

I mean, the remakes of The Grudge and Poltergeist?

eEua4ko.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"