The Dark Knight Fantastic Fan Art of Bettany as Joker

Macphisto said:
I've said this elsewhere but Bettany is going to be far too high-profile for The Joker once the Da Vinci Code comes around. Seriously, with over 40 million copies of the book sold and the latest controversy making headline news around the world, this thing is going to do Pirates of the Caribbean (possibly Titanic) type business. Bettany is going to be a huge star. Add the small factor of being typecast as an albino man with a penchant for murder and I really think he is going to be out of the picture.

Aha, now I have found MrEdge2U from BOF

How famous did the stars in Titanic get after the movie (not including the main characters Leo and Kate)? The answer: not much at all. Bettany is by no means the center of attention in DVC and it will not make him a household name :(

Da Vinci Code to do Titantic type business in the BO. I will eat my hat if it does...

I didn't know it was that internationally famous as you all say.

Nah. I live in the Caribbean and some of the guys I speak to about Da Vinci they said "WTF is da vinci". They know Tom Hanks though if thats any good.

FYI everybody:

If I wasnt a SHH! member, I would have no idea who Paul Bettany even was.

dr venture said:
:eek: those are nice

Just so you know,I did not do any of those manips, but they are all great.

And yes Mr. Socko, the eyes in the second piture are a bit over the top, but I love everything else about that manip.

I actually dont like that second manip up above, no offence to whoever did it though. I think some of the facial manipulations are a bit over the top, too cartoony perhaps. I know Joker's supposed to have a really long chin and nose, but what you have to remember is that we're talking about a drawn character, and features on those are always exaggerated. I think Bettany's natural facial features are just fine for a live-action Joker. It's not like he's got a big, round face. It's long and angular enough that I'll have no complaints if they dont use any prosthetics for him at all. And if they do, I hope they keep it to a minimum and keep him looking human.

Here's what the huge exaggerated facial features would look like in real life.

Joker%20smiling.jpg

Ronny Shade said:
FYI everybody:

If I wasnt a SHH! member, I would have no idea who Paul Bettany even was.

Likewise. I'd seen him in Master & Commander, and A Knight's Tale, and not only did I not put it together that they were the same guy, but I really couldn't have picked him out of a lineup. The name meant nothing to me the first time I heard it. I had to Google him and then I realized he was the doctor from M&C... it wasn't until a few months ago I realized he was Chaucer in AKT.

He's not a name by any stretch.

Mr. Socko said:

That picture still makes me want to run screaming into the lion cage and pull somebody's tail.

I mean, that seriously creeps me out. You just ruined by drawers, man. :o

Mr. Socko said:

Joker%20smiling.jpg

That looks cool though. I saw that guy in the Batman Dead End clip or whatever it was called. Would be better with a darker green hair though IMO.

Mr. Socko said:

Joker%20smiling.jpg

That's a pretty cool look for the Joker, but it won't fit in well with the realism of this franchise.

Mr. Vice said:
That's a pretty cool look for the Joker, but it won't fit in well with the realism of this franchise.

Define "realism"

Mr. Vice said:
I agree. Sadly, The Joker looks entirely unrealistic, so instead I think he'll just look like Phil Lamar.

Keyser Sushi said:
That picture still makes me want to run screaming into the lion cage and pull somebody's tail.

I mean, that seriously creeps me out. You just ruined by drawers, man. :o

Joker%20shadowed.jpg

Tehehehe

trustyside-kick said:
That looks cool though. I saw that guy in the Batman Dead End clip or whatever it was called. Would be better with a darker green hair though IMO.

It's from patient J. Joker in Dead End looks awful

030724joker.jpg

Mr. Vice said:

BULL****

The only thing I couldn't see working are the sith eyes. Other then that, the green hair and white face look great.

Mr. Socko said:
It's from patient J. Joker in Dead End looks awful

030724joker.jpg

BULL****

The only thing I couldn't see working are the sith eyes. Other then that, the green hair and white face look great.

You are correct about the Dead End Joker, I disagree however about the Patient J. I couldnt see it workin in a realistic toned Bat flick - it looks to cartoony.

Daed End Joker was horrible. Straight Jacket is a big no no. I wanna see Joker pimped out. However, I do think that Dead End Joker was probably hurt more by the terrible acting than by the costuming.

What exactly is wrong with it? :(

Red lips, green hair, white face, long nose, long chin? Those are the only choices as thats all he is :(

But I do agree it reminds me of the comic book/cartoon. But the guy who played the Joker did an amazing acting Job. If you haven't seen Patient J then watch it. It's pretty much a version of The Killing Joke with a twist.

Ronny Shade said:
Daed End Joker was horrible. Straight Jacket is a big no no. I wanna see Joker pimped out. However, I do think that Dead End Joker was probably hurt more by the terrible acting than by the costuming.

The Joker's eyebrows were the worst. Looked like catapillars in Dead End and he looks like a brother of The Penguin.

The acting was bad too, he tried to sound too much like Mark Hamill.

The Patient J Joker's nose is far too unrealistically big for my taste. Yeah, Joker has a long nose, but it has a limit. That thing looks so obviously fake. Something like that would never work in Nolan's films. If they didn't use a prosthetic chin for Bale (he didn't have Batman's square jaw), then they dont need a fake chin or nose for Joker. All of the top contenders for the role look enough like the Joker without prosthetics, none are really needed at all. And if they are used, make it hardly noticeable. I want most people to not even think prosthetics are used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"