"Far From Home" Talkback/Discussion

**SPOILER**

Far From Home was a not so bad episode.
It was nothing but a filler episode, but was a significant episode in the DCAU, showing Supergirl's last appearance and showing the Legion of Superheroes. (which I could care less for) The episode had some pretty good features including a very good finishing fight between Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes, a love interest between Brainiac 5 and Supergirl, and Green Arrow (beast) :).

Overall, It was an near above-average episode.
A very good final fight scene and a good send-off of Supergirl.

I'd rate it a 7/10.

If the upcoming Legion of Superheroes toon followed this, I would be happy to see it. Unfortunately, the new series will not be set in the DCAU, let alone Post-Crisis DC Universe. It is going to be a non-DCAU, Pre-Crisis piece of crap. Oh well, Goodbye DCAU forever.

:cool:

Someone let me know when it pops up on YT. Please. :(:up:

I missed it also last night, but that didn't stop me from watching it.

Cryostar1177 said:
Justice_League_Unlimited_-_5x10_-_Far_From_Home007.JPG

Justice_League_Unlimited_-_5x10_-_Far_From_Home015.JPG

Justice_League_Unlimited_-_5x10_-_Far_From_Home024.JPG

Justice_League_Unlimited_-_5x10_-_Far_From_Home025.JPG

Justice_League_Unlimited_-_5x10_-_Far_From_Home042.JPG
Aw, cool!

I missed it also, but i didn't know that CN didn't even air it:mad:!!! i hope that it pops up on youtube so i can watch it, cause i don't download epsidoes.

Cartoon Network has ****ed up big time... WB cares **** about their DC comics shows...

I'm sorry to see Timm and Dini go... the sad thing is, CN'll still stand without quality DC stuff, cuz kids eat up their anime crap...

batnkevlar said:
Cartoon Network has ****ed up big time... WB cares **** about their DC comics shows...

I'm sorry to see Timm and Dini go... the sad thing is, CN'll still stand without quality DC stuff, cuz kids eat up their anime crap...
It ticks me off how kids have no taste anymore. If I was a kid and saw crap like Teen Titans I wouldn't watch it. I'm glad I had good shows growing up. And it is so sad what has happened to the DC animated universe.

The Batman should be canceled, not JL.

Who knows how soon till there will be another good series.

It's a shame, very sad. I know it can't last forever but it deserved to be treated better than this. At least I can still get the dvds of JL, Batman and Superman TAS.

I am 15 now.
I am glad that the best cartoons and DCAU came out when I was younger.
I had good taste when I was a kid.

:cool:

Morgoth said:
It ticks me off how kids have no taste anymore. If I was a kid and saw crap like Teen Titans I wouldn't watch it. I'm glad I had good shows growing up. And it is so sad what has happened to the DC animated universe.

It's a shame, very sad. I know it can't last forever but it deserved to be treated better than this. At least I can still get the dvds of JL, Batman and Superman TAS.

Amen, brother.

Morgoth said:

Well, it's the networks who keep producing bad cartoons. You can't blame the kids if that's all they have to watch. But there are a handful of quality cartoons out there.

Morgoth said:

i'm wirh you

Morgoth said:

I second that!! My eyes bleed while I sit thru the last 3 min of Bobobobobo.

I hate Bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo. :mad:

Lesson one: Make sure you always tell those you love, how you feel about them while you have the chance. Clark lost his chance.

celldog said:
I second that!! My eyes bleed while I sit thru the last 3 min of Bobobobobo.
I know what you mean. My nephews won't even watch that crap. There are some kids who just vedge out in front of a tv and don't care what it is. It's horrible. Some are being brought up on this crap and don't know what good is.

Cartoons now-a-days are very stupid.
They are so pointless and very stupid also.
Cartoons were so much better when I was young.
They made sense and are enjoyable.
Not stupid and immature like Spongebob and all that other s***.

None of this Bobobo, Zatch Bell, Everything else on CN, etc are as good as any toon in the 90's.

Oh well, at least I grew up with the DCAU.

Anybody think that Kara was just a little too "forward" with Brainy?? I guess I'm old fashioned. But geez.......she came on a little too strong for me. In my hood we called those girls freaks.

I perfur a little forwardness in a woman. I'm a lazy man and I don't like the chase.

celldog said:
Anybody think that Kara was just a little too "forward" with Brainy?? I guess I'm old fashioned. But geez.......she came on a little too strong for me. In my hood we called those girls freaks.

That's how they get down on Argo.

celldog said:
Naturally the relationship was "rushed" for plot purposes. My quibble was why they couldn't have been accurate and said that they "liked" each other or were "attracted". No, they had to say "in love", which is not possible after 20 minutes.

Aside for that, I didn't mind Supergirl being the aggressor in the romance. It's about time some stereotypes about relationships hit the dustbin of history. Besides, even in 2006, it is rare to see female characters doing the "chasing" in comic cartoons. So I didn't mind.

I beg to differ Dread....there have been people that have been married after knowing each for a mere 20 to 30 minutes, and lived together for 50+ years. It happens. I'm not saying it's the rule, or even a significant minority...but it happens.

I still think kara should have been fully capable of taking out the whole legion and GL by herself. Boyscout did it, she's got the same powers, just lacks experience.

I thought this epsidoe was great, i know now not judge an episdoe by somone elses opinion. cause when i missed it, alot of posters said it sucked & you didn't miss anything, well i beg to differ, cause it was great!.

i to find it odd that kara chose to stay with braniac 5 & not go back to the past/present with GL & GA. yes it is heard of people falling in love with in the first 15 minutes.

but usually when people meet they like to find out how a person ticks before they decide if they want to engage in a relationship. witch usually takes acuople of weeks or even months. cause it is pointless to just dive right into a relationship you haven't even explored yet.

i wouldn't be surprised to see in the near future, that braniac 5 cheated on kara or vise versa. atfer pondering about if for a cuople of seconds i agree & disagre with Dread & mister j about if superman went along instead of GL that the strory would have had a better impact.

on one side of the coin it would of had its benifits like you guys have stated , but on the other side, superman would have been a glory hog & it would of showcased him beating the tar out of everybody & we wouldn't gotten to see kara/supergirl & the other hereos fight & showcase their powers & weaknessess.

ex: (the fight scene when kara had to fight GL & the other LOSH.) we got to see kara grow even morso as a fighter. she handled her self very well agaisnt GL & LOSH.
agian if superman was thier, all he would have done was flone right in thier & took them down with a one.....two.... puch combo knock out.

so im glad he wasn't in it. cause it would of been all about superman, the glory hog & what he can do to stop the bad guys, witch we already seen 100 times. "reminder" this epsidoe wasn't about superman, it was about kara/supergirls suppsoedly last appearace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"