Fast and Furious 6 Is A Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think any Die Hard sequels should look at the 'Fast and Furious' saga and take notes in how to keep it fun, fresh, and innovative.

While I get what you're saying and I agree to a degree, the very premises of those 2 franchises is so vastly different that DH could at most do 3 movies and be believable: 1 as it was, the 2nd a revenge movie (aka With a Vengeance) and the 3rd John's death.

The F&F movie franchise is far more susceptible to becoming a "cool s**t going down" one.

While I get what you're saying and I agree to a degree, the very premises of those 2 franchises is so vastly different that DH could at most do 3 movies and be believable: 1 as it was, the 2nd a revenge movie (aka With a Vengeance) and the 3rd John's death.

The F&F movie franchise is far more susceptible to becoming a "cool s**t going down" one.

I think where I'm coming from is, there is an attempt to keep the series relevant and interesting, where as Die Hard is at it's 'Moonraker/Octopussy/A View to a Kill' stale stage where it's getting stale. I'm NOT talking about age here, I'm talking at a creativity level, and where to take the series. If it goes over-the-top that's fine but don't make it generic like how Die Hard 5 looks.

I think where I'm coming from is, there is an attempt to keep the series relevant and interesting, where as Die Hard is at it's 'Moonraker/Octopussy/A View to a Kill' stale stage where it's getting stale. I'm NOT talking about age here, I'm talking at a creativity level, and where to take the series. If it goes over-the-top that's fine but don't make it generic like how Die Hard 5 looks.

I get how you meant it, I'm just of the mind that McLaine is not that kind of hero or archetype or movie vessel.

Or something like that. It's always very debatable. It's like when a band makes it big and changes their sound - is it an evolution of their music, or a cash-in to make their product more marketable to a broader audience? There's no real answer because it's so widely subjective, and it depends on the band.

Watching the new trailer, I'm rather surprised that I'm kinda excited now. I really didn't care for the movie so far.
I've seen all these movies except the fourth one. Is the fourth one any good? How would someone who has seen all five so far rate the fourth?
I'd rate it like "eeh, it was enough to pass my time, but I don't care about watching it ever again".

Or something like that. It's always very debatable. It's like when a band makes it big and changes their sound - is it an evolution of their music, or a cash-in to make their product more marketable to a broader audience? There's no real answer because it's so widely subjective, and it depends on the band.

Pretty much. And I'm a sucker for sequels to good movies. But not every idea/movie is qualified to sustain a franchise. Die Hard is tricky, because its premise is very down to earth and its scale really small, nevermind the tendency of the action to get a bit OTT (albeit good OTT) near the end.

The fourth one suffered from weird use of CGI that Lin strayed away from with part 5 and seemingly 6. I mean, obvious CGI car crashes where there's no weight involved.

4 was Lin becoming a showrunner and it's really telling. Once he saw the mistakes he did, he gave us 5. Guy's learning.

Pretty much. And I'm a sucker for sequels to good movies. But not every idea/movie is qualified to sustain a franchise. Die Hard is tricky, because its premise is very down to earth and its scale really small, nevermind the tendency of the action to get a bit OTT (albeit good OTT) near the end.

I can understand that because I can like a 'Moonraker' or whatever whenever I'm not in the mood for a 'Goldfinger' or 'Skyfall'.

I feel like Lin should do that 'Legend of Conan' with Arnie, since he has a great relationship with the screenwriter (who also wrote for 'F/F') and Universal. Lin is probably one of the better action directors working today. Now the question is: Will Universal green light 'Conan' after The Last Stand bombed?

So lemme just get this straight:

Part 4 is called 'Fast & Furious' but Part 6 is called "Fast & The Furious 6" even though Part 5 was simply called 'Fast Five', never mind the confusion that Part 1 was called 'The Fast & The Furious'.

Right?

And yes, I also got a headache reading that.

They kinda screwed themselves ever since they named their 2nd film "2 Fast 2 Furious."

At this point they were just like, "**** it." They had to come up with four other variations on the title.

Looks good. :up:

Can't wait to see Michelle vs. Gina. That looks like an intense fight!

HOLY ****!!!!! That was incredible!!! Fast Five on steroids!!

Trailer #1

[YT]p1QgNF6J1h0[/YT]

''it wasnt that hard to find you'' :woot:

8JuXedo.gif

ZQPHKoH.gif

gina vs. michelle :bow:
it would be great if Gina never talks until the end.

yeah this is how you make a dumb action movie. :wow:

It seems the gave away a lot of the set pieces unless they actually do something bigger than take down a plane. The trailer would have been just as effective without giving that away.

Sick trailer, who would have ****ing thought people would look forward to a sixth F&F movie as a big summer tent pole 5 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"