Favorite and Least Favorite Lines and Why-

I think it might have just been a bit of a history thing. Giving the audience an idea of the background concerning Beast and the X-Men, hinting that his hair wasn't always so tidy. There's a lot of possible reasons behind this line.

I loved Magneto's line in X2 about Rogue's hair as well, and the way he and Mystique were cacking themselves laughing over it. They're so bad. I definitely favoured the X2 use of this line... but still... no problems with this one. It has an entirely different meaning behind it.

The same line in X2 was funny and great...here...well, not so much as to puke, but....I think it was a way to get to the real important point there....Storm´s new haircut...and although I have to agree that Halle is hot, her hair in X1 was almost as bad as leprosy...

bruja_escarlata said:
The same line in X2 was funny and great...here...well, not so much as to puke, but....I think it was a way to get to the real important point there....Storm´s new haircut...and although I have to agree that Halle is hot, her hair in X1 was almost as bad as leprosy...

Blame them damn make-up artists...

*blames them*

micky-fox said:
Blame them damn make-up artists...

*blames them*

Blaming them....and now that I am at it...blaming them for the sad, dark, floopy hair of Logan in X3 too.....you can´t blame them enough

Wait,.....I have to thank them for the look of scott....ok,....that saves them from my flames

bruja_escarlata said:
Wait,.....I have to thank them for the look of scott....ok,....that saves them from my flames

*burns them anyway*

They could have done such a better job on his pathetic hair...

Please, don't remind of that crappy visor he wore in X1. I'm still recovering from the nightmares. :o

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Please, don't remind of that crappy visor he wore in X1. I'm still recovering from the nightmares. :o

At least he had more than 2 lines in X1.....but yes the visor...should I even comment on his trousers in X2?????:eek:

Mr Lex Luthor said:

I never really noticed the differences in his visor... shows how much attention I pay to poor Scott. :(

micky-fox said:
I never really noticed the differences in his visor... shows how much attention I pay to poor Scott. :(

At least you notice his hair....Rattner did not notice him at all

I'm sorry, it's just too good to pass up :D

156319846.jpg

"I LOVE what we've done with your hair!"
"Do you? Is it not a little...outre?"
"Nah-UH, honey! You look SO glam I could just SPIT! Now let's do your nails."

So many bad lines to choose from:

WORST LINES:

Xavier: "Scott's a changed man. He took Jean's death so hard."
Logan: "Don't get your panties in a bunch."
"That was my last cigar"
"We stand together, X-Men"
"Hold this line."
Juggernaut: EVERY LINE HE SPOKE
Rogue: "You're a guy, you're mind's only on one thing."
Storm: Her entire speech to Rogue about nothing's wrong with any of us
"That's ridiculous. Since when is being a mutant a disease..."
"Because you love her."
"You don't want to be here."
"Are you ready to do what you have to do..."

BEST LINES:
Scott: "What do you care." "Not everybody heals as fast as you Logan"
Xavier: "Don't let it control you"
Jean: "Stay out of my head."
Mystique: "You don't want to play with me?"
"Eric..."
Guard: "Yeah, keep it up, *****...." (paraphrase to Mystique)
Jean: "Kill me" " I have no home."
Magneto: "No Charles. you've always held her back" "The next stage in evolution...why Charles would want to turn this God into a mortal..."
"She was so beautiful." "You saved me."
Angel: "I can't do this."

micky-fox said:

It's far easy to recognize:
X1: No ears
X2: Ears
No ears - ears....Princess Leila - Cyclops.

Worst:

"Charles always wanted to build bridges."

Ugh... why?

Best:

"Who's hiding, ********?"

I like it because they then show a close-up of Juggernaut's head which is clearly shaped like a phallus.

I am not going to mention the lines I didnt like because pretty much I agree with everybody here. but my favorites...I dunno, I love this lines but I liked them in teaser cuts, they were diferent, I think they were more of punching lines in the teaser as where in the movie they were just consistent, but they didnt really hit, or maybe cause I saw them in the teaser first. but anyhow. Here they go:

Magneto: Make no mistake my brothers, humans will draw first blood. And then one day when the air is still and the night has fallen, there's still a question that needs answer...who would you stand with??

Storm:There is nothing to Cure...nothings wrong with any of us for that matter

I looove those lines, I use them as avatars and email signatures...lol, too bad am still "too young" here in this boards like to be able to have a signature and avatar :( .

Pryde'o'Kitties said:
Worst:

Ugh... why?

It was an ironic reference to the fact that while Xavier's goal was to build bridges (of tolerance, understanding, and co-existence) between mutants and humans, the literal bridge Magneto maneuvered to Alcatraz was a different kind of bridge altogether - a pathway to mutant domination, if you will.

Best: Not everybody heals as fast as you, Logan.
Because it's awesome.

Worst: I'm the Juggernaut, *****!
Because it's not.

Baredevil said:
It was an ironic reference to the fact that while Xavier's goal was to build bridges (of tolerance, understanding, and co-existence) between mutants and humans, the literal bridge Magneto maneuvered to Alcatraz was a different kind of bridge altogether - a pathway to mutant domination, if you will.

Couldn't have explained it better myself. Nice one, Bare. :up:

Pryde'o'Kitties said:
Worst:

Ugh... why?
You didn't take that line literally, did you?

Mr Lex Luthor said:
You didn't take that line literally, did you?

Hehe. I hope not... :p

I loved the way he said it right before he dropped it down. Magneto is just too good.

Absolutely agree with you there, micky. Sir Ian could deliver the cheesiest lines and make them sound...almost profound hehehe.

Like to Rogue in X-2: "We love what you've done with your hair."

:D

Baredevil said:
Absolutely agree with you there, micky. Sir Ian could deliver the cheesiest lines and make them sound...almost profound hehehe.

Heck yeah - he made that the best line in the movie! :up:

Baredevil said:

I don't know exactly what it is or could be... the voice? :confused:

I'll never get over this one:

Wolverine: "I didn't come here to fight you."
Magneto: "Smart boy."

:cool:

I guess...and the presence. He IS a Shakesperean actor after, all...isn't he?

Wolverine : "What are you doing here?"
Magneto : "Same as the professor. Visiting an old friend."

I think the exchanges between Mags and Wolvie were among the best in this flick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"