Favorite cameos

Lots of people seem to be confusing small roles with cameos. A cameo is a major star playing a small, walk on role that essentially could have been done by a complete unknown, or even an extra. A small role is essential to the plot, but only gets a few minutes of screen time.

Cameos

Kevin Bacon in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Ahnuld in The Rundown

Patrick Stewart in Robin Hood: Men In Tights

Sean Connery in Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves

Wes Craven as the school janitor in Scream

Sly Stallone in Staying Alive

Small Roles

Drew Barrymore in Scream

Hulk Hogan in Rocky III

Anthony Hopkins in Mission Impossible II

"Macho Man" Savage in Spider-Man

There you go. :up: I would have had Drew Barrymore in Scream and Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder on my list...but they're really not cameos. Close, but not. Barrymore's more borderline than Cruise, I suppose, but that scene is so long and so pivotal that I just can't think of it as a cameo.

Tom Cruise had several scenes in Tropic Thunder. I wouldn't consider that a cameo. I just look at someone appearing for only one or two scenes at most. However I think more names have been listed because people were surprised by seeing notable celebrities in such small roles.

Didn't expect to see Ryan Reynods in "Ted"

That almost came out of nowhere. I think his name was mentioned earlier. I liked Ed Norton's cameo in The Dictator. Nobody saw that coming.

Sara Michelle Gellar in She's All That

Quentin Terintino in Desperado

Hulk Hogan in Gremlins 2

lol Jack Black in The Muppets (the new one), Nick Fury in Iron Man, and Mark Hamill in Jay and Silent Bob Strike's Back

Batman in the Dark Knight Rises

HA! :woot:

Hugh Jackman in X-men: First Class has been mentioned, but I loved that one. Another top favorite of mine was Danny Glover's brief appearance in Maverick.

James Cargill showing up in The Muppets made me laugh.

Stan Lee as Hugh Hefner is tops.

I thought it was pretty neat seeing Teal'C in TDKR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"