Darkman Appreciation Thread

Die Darkman Die is a quite funny title indeed. I can't tell if it's intentionally suppose to be over-the-top, or they actually thought it was something..bold.

I remember I just loved this movie back in the day. Haven't seen it in ages, but I remember it was fun and dark and just exciting. It was the first time I saw Liam Neeson and thought the guy was simply genius. And I thought Raimi was just great.

I loved Darkman. I actually love the trilogy too. My favourite's still the first, of course, but I was actually very pleasantly surprised by the other two, as they are arguably just as good as the original (it just sucks that it's not Liam Neeson in the role, but Arnold Vosloo was very good all the same). Though I'm completely against Hollywood and their seemingly infinite love of remakes, I think that a Darkman remake would be spectacular in every way, especially if it was made with the same amount of care and devotion to the original as the new Evil Dead, that would be amazing. Bring Raimi on as a producer if he doesn't wanna direct, but you gotta have another Bruce Campbell cameo for sure (a Liam Neeson cameo would be outstanding).

If you liked the movie should try to hunt the 5 paperbacks books of them, worth the read I say

I've got at least 4 of them....can't remember if it's all 5 or not....guess I need to dig them out.

Shock Til You Drop has the special features rundown for Shout/Scream Factory's upcoming collector's edition. Great new add-ons.

Btw, I never bothered with the second and third movies. Read awful reviews, plus nobody from the first movie was involved, am I right?

I saw part of one of the sequels,thought it was awful and turned it off half way into it.

Larry Drake returned as Durant in Darkman II, and Raimi and Tapert got executive producer credits (for what that's worth.)

Does anyone else remember seeing this iconic piece of artwork hanging in your local theater?

Hell yes i did and who else saw this in theaters besides me? i did when i was 9

I loved DARKMAN's style and look as a kid, and I thought then and there that Raimi had to direct a DC/MARVEL superhero film. It's a culty film, but I think a re-make would be pretty cool. The implications of the tech used in the film would be interesting to see today. But they got to get a bear of a man, like Liam, to play the part. Liam's size when he was in the full make up and costuming made Darkman scary and way imposing.

Does anyone else remember seeing this iconic piece of artwork hanging in your local theater?

That is one sweet poster and I think I do remember seeing it in theaters. I need to get my hands on one of those.

I'm about halfway through the bonus features of the new Blu-ray. This is why I love the hell out of Shout Factory, these collector's editions are packed with stuff I haven't seen before. Plus listening to Neeson talk about how much the role meant to him this many years later is fantastic

I wouldn't mind seeing a new Darkman movie with Liam Neeson. One that doesn't ignore the years that have passed either.
Liam is still badass enough to pull off the role I think. And he's a great actor...

I'm about halfway through the bonus features of the new Blu-ray. This is why I love the hell out of Shout Factory, these collector's editions are packed with stuff I haven't seen before. Plus listening to Neeson talk about how much the role meant to him this many years later is fantastic

What kind of bonus features?

I wouldn't mind seeing a new Darkman movie with Liam Neeson. One that doesn't ignore the years that have passed either.
Liam is still badass enough to pull off the role I think. And he's a great actor...

Me too, but only if they make it "cartoonish" like the first one.

A lot. New full length interviews with Neeson and MacDormand and the new art direction, make up effects featurettes are really, really good. the also include the older "on set" stuff

A lot. New full length interviews with Neeson and MacDormand and the new art direction, make up effects featurettes are really, really good. the also include the older "on set" stuff

It's only on blu-ray? My old DVD version doesn't have any special features, just the trailer, I think.

This is something I'm pretty surprised by. Definitely makes me want to check this out since I've hardly ever heard Neeson reference this stuff.

R is a must.

Of course.

How else would could he demand to take the ****ing elephant? :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"