Favorite Incredible Hulk Story

Oh yeah, Split Decisions was a pretty great read by Bruce Jones and Mike Deodato Jr. I loved when Hulk tore that mesa in half! Abominable was pretty cool, too.

Its hard to say, i would honestly like to see a new hulk series. One where its a revamp, like Ultimates but set in its own universe. Hulk would be the only hero on the planet, and he wouldn't be a cannabal. They could retell his origin, make him greenish/grey like movie hulk. Also redesign abomie, kinda like how he looks in the upcoming red hulk series. Try to make him interesting again, cause i havent read an amazing hulk story, in god know how long.

Planet Hulk and World War Hulk were two amazing Hulk stories told over the last two years.

"Hulk VS Superman" and the new "Hulk VS Fin Fang Foom" were both a lot of fun. Any story where the artist takes the time and care to make the Hulk look like he should [the old Kirby/Ayers Hulk] makes me happy. I think this is the direction John Byrne was headed before his short run on HULK ended!

Oh, Hulk #340

Some of those stories around the time the Merged Hulk showed up. It was the Grey hulk versus Green and then we got a new guy. Very creative.

Planet Hulk is good, I don't think it's one of my favorites, but it is good.

Let's see:

Countdown, Ghosts of the Future, Future Imperfect, Planet Hulk, World War Hulk, Abominations, and the Pantheon stories are all good.

Was that a story involving Doc Samson, possibly taking place in the Hulk's mind? Good one.

Good times!

yes, as a matter of fact it was. I love the part where Hulk goes back to the bomb test sight in his mind and tells Samson, "This is where Hulk became free" Just a truly classic story.

I can't decide on a single one, future imperfect, Planet hulk, WWH, Hulk the End, heck I even really liked House of M the incredible hulk. I know alot of people didn't like the bruce jones run and tbh volume 1 was quite confusing but volume 2 abomination was really good.

yes, as a matter of fact it was. I love the part where Hulk goes back to the bomb test sight in his mind and tells Samson, "This is where Hulk became free" Just a truly classic story.

Actually the issue was called The Monster's Analyst Great story. That page with Banner and The Hulk about to square off. WOW!

I have the first four Essential Hulk books, John Bryne's short run and almost all of Peter David's run and their all classic reading material.

Now I've been away from reading the current Hulk so I don't know jack $hit about Planet Hulk or why there's a red Hulk all of a sudden.

This is going to get me beat to death, but...
I had a comic when I was a kid, it seemed to be a one-shot, but part of a bigger arc...
The Hulk seemed to be banished to some sort of alternate reality or alien world (wow, deja vu). I think Dr. Strange had a hand in it, probably for about the same reasons he was recently exiled from Earth.
Anyway. He wound up on a planet, and for whatever reason, he could not eat or drink anything from this planet. It seemed that anything he ate burned his insides like fire. Hulk winds up killing a deer-like animal, and trying to eat it, only to find out that it, too, burn his insides. However, there are on this planet a parasitic species, that looks quite like a autonomous spinal cord, with a head an fangs. This parasite can digest whatever chemical causes the burning in the food that is eaten, and the parasite and all other animals on the planet enjoy a symbiotic relationship. The parasite attaches to the host animal (near the spinal cord, of all things), and digests the poison, allowing the host animal to freely eat. The trade-off is that the parasite is basically non-locomotive, and depends on the host to get around. Anyway, when the Hulk kills the deer, he kills this particualr parasite's host. Well, the parasite manages to attach himself to the Hulk (near the base of the his skull, hanging down like an extra spine)while he is not looking.
The host communicates telepathetically to the Hulk, telling him he is now free to eat. The Hulk is wary at first, but then tries a fruit that has previously lit him up. Turns out the parasite was right, and the Hulk feasts.
The parasite senses Hulk's strength, and asks him to take him to the highest point on the planet, a mountain above the cloudline. Since the parasites cannot move on their own, no parasite has seen the stars, due to the thick clouds of the planet. The Hulk agrees to take the parasite to the top of the mountain, though I can't remember why he talked into it.
Turns out, it is like three weeks of constant climbing for the Hulk to reach the top of the mountain, and the parasite is dying the entire way, maybe of the thin atmosphere.
At the top, the Hulk tries to tell the parasite that they were at the top, only the parasite is either dead or near death. The Hulk manages to detach the parasite from his back, and hold the parasite up, to see the stars as no one of his species ever has.
I beleive the parasite has just enough time to thank the Hulk before he dies, and the Hulk procedes to cry like a baby.
The end.
I never managed to get another story from this arc, and I can't remember if it was rectified in this comic or on down the road, but I will never forget that was the first time I ever saw the Hulk cry. I would say it happened many time before and sense, but it was the first comic I ever had that showed it.
I don't know why, but this story really stuck with me. It was just a throw-away, one-shot type of deal, but I really loved it.
*whew*

That was from the era of the "mindless" Hulk, circa TIH #300+ (although your story may have been from that year's annual). Dr. Strange had banished the Hulk to an interdimensional Crossroads, the theory being that Hulk would be able to find a world he could be happy, and stay, in.

So much for that idea.

Yeah, that arc gave up the puffball collective and that damn 312 issue.

Don't forget Guardian, Goblin and Glow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"