Favorite Live-Action Lois Lane

I voted for Erica - best Lois, hands down.

I don't mind Adams in the role, but she just doesn't exhibit enough of that "LL spunk" I've seen with other actresses playing the part, and that, while I like her in the role, makes her the weakest Lois.

After MOS I did say Amy Adams and I do think in that film she’s great. But as times gone on I’ve realised in BvS something seemed off with her and she was useless in JL (although I bet not in Snyder’s Cut).

The best Lois is definitely Erica Durance, she embodied every part of Lois to a T.

I grew up with Smallville, Tom Welling is my Clark Kent/Superman... so is Erica Durance as my Lois Lane. She had the attitude, the looks,the charm, etc.

I'm not a fan of the current Lois on the CW. Maybe she will grow on me, but so far I'm let down.

Anybody ready to weigh in on Tulloch ?

I can only get the bits and pieces of the x-over that get put up on Youtube.

cheers

I liked Tulloch. I’d put her 3rd behind Durance and Adams and a hair ahead of Hatcher.

I'd give it to Margot, but Amy would be a close second who might have overtaken her if she had been in better movies. Hatcher and Durance were okay, but nothing special. I know I used to watch the old George Reeves show when I was a kid but it's been so long that I don't even really remember Noel Neill or Phyllis Coates. Bosworth was awful (two people seriously voted for her?!). Haven't seen Tulloch.

Margot Kidder
Teri Hatcher
Erica Durance

They’re all tied for me

Erica was hilarious and so kick-ass. But it's a shame we never got to see her in more scenes with Superman to feel like an 'official' Lois Lane.

Warms my heart to see Erica winning this poll. :hrt:

tumblr_nwwfzvZ6jf1uv1qneo1_500.gif

1- Amy Adams

2- Erica Durance

3- Margot Kidder

4- Teri Hatcher

5- Kate Bosworth

6- Elizabeth Tulloch

I didn't watch the TV shows with Noel Neill and Phyllis Coates yet, so I don't have a ranking for them.

1- Amy Adams

2- Erica Durance

3- Margot Kidder

4- Teri Hatcher

5- Kate Bosworth

6- Elizabeth Tulloch

I didn't watch the TV shows with Noel Neill and Phyllis Coates yet, so I don't have a ranking for them.
I don't even remember Bosworth, but I also didn't think I had to lower my expectations for Tulloch to such a degree.

I don't even remember Bosworth, but I also didn't think I had to lower my expectations for Tulloch to such a degree.
Your avatar! I love that movie!

As for Lois, I never watched Smallville so I can't comment on Durance. My favourite is Adams, with Bosworth being my least favourite.

Kate Bosworth will always be the worst Lois Lane.

Yep. From endangering her son's life, to mocking Clark Kent like the A-hole coworker she is, to her somehow winning a Pulitzer Prize before age 25, I can't say anything good about Bosworth's Lois. On that not, Frank Langella's Perry White sucked too. The only character they got it right with in that film was Jimmy Olsen.

Yep. From endangering her son's life, to mocking Clark Kent like the A-hole coworker she is, to her somehow winning a Pulitzer Prize before age 25, I can't say anything good about Bosworth's Lois. On that not, Frank Langella's Perry White sucked too. The only character they got it right with in that film was Jimmy Olsen.

Bosworth was the perfect combination of a miscast and poor writing. Just terrible and totally unlikeable. Singer may have loved STM but he totally misunderstood it and with Lois it was clear. She never ignored Clark in the Reeve movies but here she totally just straight out ignores him most of the time.

Frank Langella could have been a great Perry but again it’s like Singer didn’t understand that character.

Agreed on Jimmy I actually think he’s the best live action Jimmy we’ve had.

:funny:

I was going to say Superman TAS until I saw the thread title specified live action. lol

Live action is Teri Hatcher for tv and Margot Kidder for film. Amy Adams is a much better actress than both but her Lois leaves me cold. Maybe it's Snyder and the poor material dragging her down though, I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"