F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, don't pull that Susan Sarandon s***.

For how much Trump talks about loyalty, it's a one way street. Didn't both he, and Kushner praise Sessions as, "the greatest political mind right now", or something like that? Then Sessions does what the law required, and Trump loses his mind.

The sad thing is, this situation is making all of us defend Sessions. I doubt very many of us even wanted him in the position in the first place.

Sarandon voted for Trump?

No, she just voted for Jill Stein (an offense on it's own) and said that Trump winning was a good thing because it re-energized everyone or some such bull****, without regard for the fact that she's not really in the line of fire, where Trump's decision-making is concerned.

Okay, so...

https://twitter.com/PoliticalEmilia/status/889989522175311872

At what point does this kind of stuff earn you some handcuffs?

I think it shows how deranged some Trump supporters have become. Criticize Trump for bragging about grabbing married women's crotches and you're a dirty liberal traitor no better than ISIS. Yet them selling photos of crosshairs over Hillary's face is all in good fun...This election has let the crazies express themselves freely.

Hard to be surprised or shocked. We have the NRA banging the drum calling fellow Americans "the enemy".

Not that I expected better from congress, but many republicans are coming out of the closed door meeting with Kushner saying they feel he's honest.

So Mr. Honesty just so happened to forget that he had several meetings with Russians, and their names until he was questioned. Kushner just so happened to forget to add 100 names, and millions in business deals to his paperwork until he was about to be asked about them. Kushner just so happened to only have read the time and place of the Russian meeting in the email chain, but not the contents of the meeting. He also just so happened to have only stayed there for minutes after making the effort to travel there...

It's not like I expected better of congress, but it's frustrating to see someone obviously lying get a pass. Especially over something so obviously fishy that was such a huge breakthrough in the Russian investigation. We knew at that point that members of the Trump campaign met with people saying they were related to the Russian government, to give dirt on Hillary. Then republicans keep saying, "nope, all good".

Luckily we still have Mueller's investigation, and it seems like senate members want an open meeting with him now too.

Trump last night in Ohio said:
With the exception of Mr. Abraham Lincoln,
I'm more presidential than any other president in history.

That's it, no comment. I'll just let that statement sink in.

Last edited:
And now, transgenders cannot serve in the military. Holy ****. That is horrible.

Just seen that announcement.... Who gives a **** if you are male/female/transitioning.... if you are physical capable of serving, then you should have the chance to serve if you want to.

And to ban trans people from non-combat roles in the US Military is complete overkill.

This is going to become another stick Trump gives out to beat himself with.

Definitely something Pence was pushing. It is disgusting.

Okay! But, can definite official action be taken based on this tweet? Shouldn't they have a congress bill or something? I remember that DADT was repealed in congress. Even trans folks serving was like that, wasn't it?

Also, can your military just discharge all the trans members serving? Will they be given honorable discharge? Can they sue the president and the military if they are asked to leave?

And the back-and-forth on Obamacare continues.

Maybe in three years this administration will finally find time to work on tax reform or something.

Can't kick them out... they'll be opening themselves to a deluge of legal cases if they discharge any serving LGBT personnel...

And jesus h crackers, the administration admitted this is just a political ploy against Dem Senators from WI, MI, and OH that are up next year.

Oh god, Trump was tweeting against Sessions while Sessions was as the White House.

Dumbest timeline.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this fits in with Trump's "undo everything Obama", and Pence's hatred of gay people. However I don't see why it's their business. If a grown adult is physically, and mentally capable of serving. If they're currently, willingly risking their lives for our country. If they're not harrassing their fellow soldiers, or acting unbecoming of the uniform. Why stop it?

There was a troll in this thread a month ago posting pics with women holding, " LBGTQ for Trump" signs. I'd like to see him explain this away.

It's been said before, but this presidency is setting us back decades. It's not doing much else in the way of governing, but when it does do work, it's backwards.

Last edited:
Mattis also apparently against this. Which isn't exactly shocking. Old men at the top of the chain of command are probably still chafing at the gays openly serving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"