Final Fantasy XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard about the delay, is this all going to be an online game or will you be able to just play the story on your own like 7, 8, 9 and 10. Just curious.

thats such a BS reason. That doesnt happen in 2016. Delaying from Sept (which is a perfect spot for release) to late November will have a huge impact on sales. I just cant imagine a day one patch being the real reason.
I agree, which is why I completely expect one still. It reeks as trying to gain some good PR out of this disaster. Like we are only delaying to help a good portion of our fanbase. Nah.

Just heard about the delay, is this all going to be an online game or will you be able to just play the story on your own like 7, 8, 9 and 10. Just curious.
It will be a single player game.... if it ever comes out.

No problem. Also glad someone has some new Final Fantasy to enjoy. :up:

Thanks, yeah after the PS1 I didn't own a console for years. So 9 was the last I played, but the FF7 remake convinced me to buy a PS4. So in the meantime I am trying to catch up on the rest. But 15 looks amazing so I will be playing that at some point also.

latest

yeah, the delay sucks. :(

but, as I said a few posts back, VII Remake is actually the FF game I'm most looking forward to. So, I guess I'm not too bothered by a 2 months delay......lol. Too bad it releases after the Thanksgiving weekend - would have loved to play it during the Holiday.

This better be the final delay, though. Pushing this into 2017 would just not go over well with the fanbase, given the game's history.

And the delay makes this less likely as a day one purchase for me. It's too close to Xmas, so I might as well save it as a Xmas gift and wait for the inevitable Holiday sales ( like Buy 2 Get 1 Free ).

Maybe SE can throw in some more, cooler preorder bonuses to make up for the delay. That retro game that's only available through Gamestop, for example, could be opened up to all preorders from all retailers.

ah, well. at least this will give me more time with ROTR, WWE 2K17, Bioshock, and most importantly.........Skyrim!!

Last edited:
Thanks, yeah after the PS1 I didn't own a console for years. So 9 was the last I played, but the FF7 remake convinced me to buy a PS4. So in the meantime I am trying to catch up on the rest. But 15 looks amazing so I will be playing that at some point also.

I've been listening to FF VII music over the weekend. and holy hell!!

the memories!! the nostalgia!! the feels!! :waa:

and I never realized how pretty Tifa's Theme is. that has become a new favorite!! :ilv:

I've been listening to FF VII music over the weekend. and holy hell!!

the memories!! the nostalgia!! the feels!! :waa:

and I never realized how pretty Tifa's Theme is. that has become a new favorite!! :ilv:

:up: and you Avvy is great.

:up: and you Avvy is great.

thanks!! so you could tell it's Cloud?? :woot:

also, speaking of VII, I was aware of the Advent Children movie, but I've never watched it ( will do so this weekend, though ).

I didn't know it was a sequel to the events of VII.

for some reason, back when I finished the game all those years back, I always assumed all the characters died at the end.......lol.

yeah, the delay sucks. :(

but, as I said a few posts back, VII Remake is actually the FF game I'm most looking forward to. So, I guess I'm not too bothered by a 2 months delay......lol. Too bad it releases after the Thanksgiving weekend - would have loved to play it during the Holiday.

This better be the final delay, though. Pushing this into 2017 would just not go over well with the fanbase, given the game's history.

And the delay makes this less likely as a day one purchase for me. It's too close to Xmas, so I might as well save it as a Xmas gift and wait for the inevitable Holiday sales ( like Buy 2 Get 1 Free ).

Maybe SE can throw in some more, cooler preorder bonuses to make up for the delay. That retro game that's only available through Gamestop, for example, could be opened up to all preorders from all retailers.

ah, well. at least this will give me more time with ROTR, WWE 2K17, Bioshock, and most importantly.........Skyrim!!
They can't do that. Well not unless Gamestop okays it.

They can't do that.

just think it's stupid to limit that type of bonus to only one retailer.

but, oh well.

wish there had been some kind of Art Book or CD Soundtrack pre order bonus. Think that's a missed opportunity, especially with that Deluxe Edition.

Last edited:
But then again we'e been waiting 10 years for this game, 2 more moths is fine.

Looks like a mixture of Cloud x Noctis to me. :p

ha. I guess I can see that, too. but the Buster sword gives Cloud away....lol.

well, the wallpaper I got it from had Cloud vs Sephiroth.

I just thought the black outline form was pretty cool.

Now a real kick in the groins is if they delayed it to 2017 at the last week prior to its new November release. :hehe: :csad:

They are already walking on eggshells with this delay.

if they delay it to 2017, then I think the negative backlash and disappointment from us patient fans will be so great to hurt the hype for the game.

I don't think they want to risk that.

Especially when they just said today the game is essentially ready to go Gold ( it's pretty much done ).

delaying it to 2017 at the last moment ( after the delay today and after the huge release date announcement event a few months back ) would give the impression that there's something wrong with the game technically.

and that's not a good sign.

ha. I guess I can see that, too. but the Buster sword gives Cloud away....lol.

well, the wallpaper I got it from had Cloud vs Sephiroth.

I just thought the black outline form was pretty cool.

I really cant wait for the FF7 remake, given that i completly missed out on the original.

if they delay it to 2017, then I think the negative backlash and disappointment from us patient fans will be so great to hurt the hype for the game.

Especially when they just said today the game is essentially ready to go Gold ( it's pretty much done ).

delaying it to 2017 at the last moment ( after the delay today and after the huge release date announcement event a few months back ) would give the impression that there's something wrong with the game technically.

I dont think so. FF fans are going to buy this regardless. Even if people say no now, I bet they will still be there for it when it comes out at launch unless it reviews terribly.

As for your second statement, they most definitely will delay it again if need be. If its not ready, its not ready. It'll be worse to rush out a product thats subpar just to meet a deadline then to hold it off till they are confident in what they've created. They probably could have released this earlier this year but criticism from the Duscae demo made they change things to count for player feedback. They have alot riding on this and they know they cant mess up. People will be mad if its delayed again but they'll be even more mad if they buy a game that sucks and/or has unforgivable technical issues and wasnt worth the wait.

FYI, you guys can use the multi-quote feature instead of responding individual to multiple posts. Its the plus sign right next to the quote button. You just hit the Post Reply button when you're ready to reply to them all

What would be a better trade in your opinion? Relese the game in November during its pnnacle of hype but risking a slightly broken game like al these other 8th gen release or constantly delaying the game for about a year in order to make it near flawless but risk losing the hype train of it?

Most likely Gamestop won't want to give up an exclusive preorder bonus. SE would have to give them another incentive of some kind to do so, I'd imagine.

Ahh right, forgot about the whole exclusive per retailer sceme, lol.

Most likely Gamestop won't want to give up an exclusive preorder bonus. SE would have to give them another incentive of some kind to do so, I'd imagine.
Yeah, these things are baked into the contracts. Gamestop's position in the industry is one of the reasons they get these things. I guess theoretically could sign off on it, but I doubt they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"