Finally a Hulk Franchise?

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by L0ngsh0t, Apr 3, 2012.

1. fixxxer1022 Registered

what happened to the new hulk tv series that was going to be made?

2. Gabe99 Registered

From THR:
    Upfronts 2012: Marvel's 'Hulk' Still in the Works at ABC

3. AvengeME Registered

A TV series is the worst thing you can do for Hulk. You cannot water down the character with crummy effects on a weekly show on network television of all things. He needs to be used only in the key moments.

Unless it was all based on pre-accident Banner and he never relapses at any point on the show. Sort of like holding off on the Superman suit in Smallville. Banner gradually develops his experiments until the series finale where things go haywire. You can never have a dramatic set piece involving the military because it would look terrible on network TV. Just look at crap like Terranova. Why does Jurassic Park still outclass stuff 20 years later?

Hulk can't be done on TV. No way.

4. FranchiseBasket Registered

The Hulk Franchise is one of the best and fast growing franchises , I thought that the best time for the Hulk franchise has started, that is the products and both the prices are of improving in their ways. We have to determine that how fast a Franchise will grow is not the quality of the product or service. It is the Return On Investment(ROI) for the investors and the size of the start up costs. There are however some downsides to starting one of the fastest growing franchises, one downside being market saturation.

best franchise
    low cost franchise

5. Gabe99 Registered

From Variety:
    Disney revenue up 6% in second quarter
    'John Carter' $200 million writedown prevents robust Q2

6. macattack Registered

Angie Harmon wants to play She-Hulk.

Perhaps more importantly, Dan Slott is offering to write whatever She-Hulk pilot or movie for free.

Sounds like forces are in movement to really make Hulk a perennial. Who knew it took leaving behind the "man tormented by monster and trying to cure himself" and simplify him into a man who just unleashes a brute whenever to make the Hulk popular. Agh. I don't personally approve of this, I like Bruce Banner all tormented and trying to cure himself and I've always hoped that some day he would.

#56 macattack, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  7. Boom I got nothin'

If there's one thing Banner learned from his experience in The Avengers, it's that helping people and making a difference doesn't have to be exclusive to Bruce Banner. If he can "control" the Hulk, if he can reel him in a bit, then the Hulk is just as capable of good deeds (albeit different) as Banner. This isn't just some monster that needs to be destroyed anymore.

I think it's a natural and healthy progression. Seeing these two personalities try to co-exist with one another has a lot of story potential.

#57 Boom, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  8. Silvermoth Avenger

Awesome news! I think it's a testament to Marvel how so many people are starting to come out as geeks and say 'I want to play this role'. It wasn't that long ago when actors would say 'why do I have to wear spandex'.

I really hope She Hulk appears on screen. It would be cool to give Hulk a supporting cast of people who can keep up with him. I wonder if they can slip in Doctor Samson as well?

Say, Banner is in a therapy session when he is attacked by an enemy (lets just say The Leader for now). Jennifer is waiting in the waiting room. In the resulting chaos both Doc Samson and Jenn are placed in life threatening conditions and the only thing that can save them is gamma radiation.

For some reason I like the idea of Nick Frost as Doc Samson. I know he looks nothing like the comic book version but I just think he could bring alot of personality to the Hulk series as well as some light humour.

[​IMG]

9. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

for the sake of continuity, I hope MS keeps the actor who played Samson in TIH. Too much recasts in this franchise could kill it for good.

10. Silvermoth Avenger

I would actually like to see them move away from the cast in the first Hulk film. Not neccessarily a reboot, just some new characters. As for Doc Samson, his role was so small in TIH that they could probably get away with recasting him and no-one will notice.

11. ComicForAWife Gamma God

I'm still not sure about this. I'm a Hulk fan, so I'll probably love it anyway, but this is for the general audience. I think the reason Hulk worked so well in Avengers (well one of the reasons), is that he had all these other characters to play off of, and every time he was on screen he left an impact, too much and he becomes less memorable. But what do I know, I liked HULK from 2003 better than TIH

12. Christopher_M League of Shadows

gunning to see Alison Brie as Betty

[​IMG]

13. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

I'm gunning for another Hulk film. I think we need a more mature looking Betty, to match Ruffalo's mature look.

I was against Banner's re-cast, but now that i've seen Ruffalo, i'm pleased with the change. What makes him more suited than Norton was that Ruffalo actually looks like a doctor, whereas Norton, to me, looks more like a techy computer geek. I hated Tyler as Betty, so wouldn't at all mind or miss if she is re-cast.

14. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

I had another idea for a Betty re-cast:

Julie benz
    Kate Beckinsale

Also i think what was lacking from TIH was a 'wow' worthy cameo. Granted it was one of the first set up films, and Marvel was just getting the formula down, i think what was lacking in TIH was a way to get even more butts in seats like an after credits scene ala Thor, Cap, etc introducing another hero.

I would like to see either Black Panther or Henry Pym set up in Hulk 2.

Since Whedon said he would like Avengers 2 to be smaller in scale, i wouldn't mind if the events were centered around Ant-Man or Panther, but i think Hulk 2 should set up their debut.

15. TacomaTruck90 Registered

I'd rather have a film for the than tv show because Ruffalo has given a very interesting take on Bruce Banner and think would give a better chance to explore him with out anyway restrictions

16. Gabe99 Registered

Sounds like Marvel plans to keep The Hulk busy for the next few years

Have we learned the role the Hulk will play in Phase Two and Phase Three?

17. Gabe99 Registered

From MTV 6/13/08 :
    Should Hulk Be The Villain In 'The Avengers'? You Decide, Says Hulk Director

From MTV: 10/9/08
    ‘Iron Man’ Writers Want Hulk To Be ‘The Avengers’ Villain
    From MTV 10/20/08:
    Will The Hulk Be The Villain In ‘The Avengers’? We Take The Issue To Marvel’s President

18. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I'm glad as hell Shawn Adler got it wrong in 2008. And yes, Shawn, you need to shut the hell up about Hulk as a villain.

19. Hypestyle Registered

I hope it happens after Avengers 2 or concurrent with Avengers 3. The Leader can be involved, and a couple of physical villains.

20. Gabe99 Registered

21. Hypestyle Registered

I hope for an eventual Hulk solo movie but it has to be amped up, with a guest hero and some really bad villains- get the Leader involved even if it's not the same guy from Incredible who played Sterns.

22. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

^ I agree. I was originally a little bummed that Feige & everyone else said we'd have to wait so long, but I think it's for the best. I definitely want the Hulk to have a successful franchise, & I think Marvel is going to do everything possible to make sure that happens. The Hulk is a star player, & he really needs a solo movie that can do big business.

23. Joeyjojo72 Registered

This is how I want hulk to proceed in the MCU post TA2:

2016 Dr Strange mid credits teaser (illuminati vs banner/hulk)
    2017 Planet hulk. (A loose adaptation with a lot more banner)
    2018 Avengers 3: World War Hulk (leading directly to...)
    2019 Avengers 3: Thanos. (MCU vs the Mad Titan)

24. Gabe99 Registered

Drew Pearce Talks About His Unproduced Marvel Screenplays