First Look: USA Today

Facial hair's the same, hairstyle's what looks different.

-TL
No, he seems to have hair under his mouth, which he hasn't sported in the movies.
I am digging the new hair, as I have never been satisfied that Marvel has never said why Logan has hair that looks the way it does. I really thought that in the movies, they would go a different way with it, but they didn't.
I realize they simply put his hairstyle on the screen, but it just didn't work on screen.

not_ a_ victim, he has the exact same facial hair he had in X2 and X3.

A clearer look:

wolverineset1bnu6.jpg

As for your thoughts on his hair in the trilogy, it didn't work for you onscreen.

-TL

not_ a_ victim, he has the exact same facial hair he had in X2 and X3.

A clearer look:

wolverineset1bnu6.jpg

As for your thoughts on his hair in the trilogy, it didn't work for you onscreen.

-TL
wow. Get banned much? Lemme see, registered this month, over 50 posts already, hmmm.
Why would you attempt to defend your position about his beard in the movie, then post a picture that has been proven to not be from any of the movies? It's like saying, "My car is red, and here is a picture of my house to prove it."
And of course, the hair didn't work for me. I said I was never satisfied with the way Marvel has never explained his hair. It's my post, so I would assume that everyone would know it is my opinion, without you having to point that out.
And I Googled many pics of Jackman as Wolverine, and in the vast majority of them, his beard stops on a vertical line from the outside corner of his mouth straight down to his chin. A few from X2 seem to show it advancing a little inward from the corners, but not as much as in the promo pic.

Geat promo for the movie!!!!

Wolverine is my fav x-man and hugh jackman is superb at playing him!

so its wins all round for me! - actually starting to get a little excited for this movie!

not_a_victim, I posted that pic of Hugh from the boat ride because it gives us a clear look at the facial hair. It doesn't have to be a pic from the set of the movie because the point I'm making concerns his current look (which is for the movie). He's not sporting the chops out of fashion sense.

As for the differences, I have noticed that the X2 beard is different from the X3 beard - which is virtually the same as this one...

hughjackmaniswolverineiok0.jpg
wolverineset3rl7.jpg

-TL

The new picture looks like artwork rather than a photo. That would explain how it looks like Jackman but some of the proportions are slightly different.

I'm going to make an insane statement based off of this one photo...that Wolverine Origins will be better than all the 3 x-films combined.

Now with all the kids out of the picture,and all the focus on one character,there's so much potential for this to surpass those films.

DAMN!!! That is one awesome picture. My literal reaction was, "WOAH!"

I never read anything talking about this so...
will the movie be rated R? there's already word on it?

Hugh looks great in the photo. It may be touched up, but we should expect that with all the photoshop they've done in the franchise promo department, lol. At least this time it isn't as noticeable.

Fox won't release an R-rated X-Men film. It'll be PG-13...maybe an unrated DVD though?

Cool picture, looks more ripped than in any of the X-men films. :)

that picture, as far as Wolverine himself goes, does not excite me. its absolutely nothing new or special, it could even be a cut still from an X-movie.

what excites me, is the background. hoping for a Harada cameo. :woot:

Edit: Didn't realize a hi-res version had been posted in the photo thread already!

Wow! Hugh Jackman is JACKED UP!

I read he purposely trained as hard as he could so that he could get even bigger than he was in all the previous films! That rocks!

I freaked out, I thought there'd be an official photo in this thread, lol.

Good article. I wanna know about all the cameos...now! :p

Edit: HOLY CRAP

wolverinex-large.jpg

I do like this photo, but the claws look SO photoshopped, youd think they could do a better job than that.

I HIGHLY doubt that, keep dreaming. With teens/kids being one of the main draws, Marvel or Fox would never let that happen.

I'll be honest with you: After seeing all the X-Men screwed over for three films straight because of Wolverine overexposure, I was ready to say "F you" to this film....but after seeing this picture.....damn....Jackman, unlike other comic book actors, is truly dedicated to role, and will go to lengths to try and look like wolverine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"