First Person Shooters on the XB360

Galactica can't even beat that crappy game Blas liked... Total Overdose I think it was.

You're an uncultured, sci-fi hating barbarian. And yes, Blas likes lots of crappy games.

I've never had a single glitch on the 360.

You're lucky.

Can you expand on glitches and malfunctions? Plus the whole argument of PS3's free online vs Live's optional pay online is just weak. I really don't have to go over all the details, but just one huge perk recently is the CoD4 beta. Meanwhile the PS3 just recently got the skate. and Stuntman demos. Hooray.

Well, I'm on my second 360. The first one suffered the red ring of death and kept freezing up. I returned the console and got a new one, only to find the new one still freezes up, but not as badly. It overheats and needs to frequently be turned off. You can only play for about three hours at most, and even that is pushing it. Not to mention that the damn power cord on the old 360 wasn't compatible with the new 360 I got. Even though they're the same model cords!

Downloading frequently screws up on the 360. Demos will be at 90 % and then just crap out.

You're lucky.

Well, I'm on my second 360. The first one suffered the red ring of death and kept freezing up. I returned the console and got a new one, only to find the new one still freezes up, but not as badly. It overheats and needs to frequently be turned off. You can only play for about three hours at most, and even that is pushing it. Not to mention that the damn power cord on the old 360 wasn't compatible with the new 360 I got. Even though they're the same model cords!

Downloading frequently screws up on the 360. Demos will be at 90 % and then just crap out.

My first 360 only froze up a few times, earlier in it's life. It lasted for almost a year then it Red ringed me. My new on hasn't frozen on me and is working much better then my first. I'm pretty sure you're either keeping your 360 in a sealed wooden box with no air holes, or you need to get a new one.

Is anyone else having trouble with xbox live?

Why do you like Riddick so much? It's not even that visually impressive anymore, and thats all it ever had going for it :confused:

Why do you like Riddick so much? It's not even that visually impressive anymore, and thats all it ever had going for it :confused:

Riddick not only had great graphics, but was an extremely well rounded game. It had elements of RPG, a very entertaining story, and diverse gameplay. The elements of the game were always evolving, making it hard to pinpoint into a single genre.

Riddick was a suprisingly good game for me. But it didn't make want to see the movies.

When it was first announced, I said to myself "that game will set the industry back 20 years".

Having never played Riddick and I can say that The Darkness sucks.

The game should have been the next Riddick film IMO instead of the watered down hero movie. I liked the anti-hero.

Yeah the Riddick game had a lot more going for it other than the visuals. I just loved beating the **** out of people with my bare hands in that game.

I liked how it seamlessly transitioned from 3rd person to 1st person at times.

It's a great game. It has a really good story told with good methods, and Starbreeze's skill as a developer is incredible.

Starbreeze did The Darkness??? How would you compare it in quality to FEAR. It actually would have been cool if BioShock was a Riddick game. He's trying to escape capture and crashes and then the story unfolds. :) Just dreaming. LOL

I just recently finished Bioshock. It was really good. Now I'm playing Halo 3.

I just recently finished Bioshock. It was really good. Now I'm playing Halo 3.

Ditto. 3 is so much better than 2 it's amazing. In once scene I grabbed a gravityfield or levitation thingie and through it way down in this chasm below and then jumped way down onto it. Cool btw. I hope there's a stealth mission or some kind of mission in the game where you rely on the sniper modes/scopes more. That was one of my favorite parts of Turok. Hanging way back with the bow and zooming in from a couple miles away. LOL

Ditto. 3 is so much better than 2 it's amazing. In once scene I grabbed a gravityfield or levitation thingie and through it way down in this chasm below and then jumped way down onto it. Cool btw. I hope there's a stealth mission or some kind of mission in the game where you rely on the sniper modes/scopes more. That was one of my favorite parts of Turok. Hanging way back with the bow and zooming in from a couple miles away. LOL
Yeah, it had been a while since I had played a Halo game and, once I started playing 3, I was surprised at how high Master Chief could jump.:woot:

Starbreeze did The Darkness??? How would you compare it in quality to FEAR.

I think the presentation, storytelling and the "Darkness powers" put it a notch above FEAR, but FEAR has the better action gameplay. In other words, there is NO REASON for you to not play The Darkness. Really, you owe it to yourself as a gamer. It's that awesome. :up:

I can't wait to see Starbreeze's next project. The one after the Riddick expansion, I mean.

I'd like to see them do something exactly like Riddick though. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"