Transformers FIRST TOY IMAGES - Optimus Prime and Starscream "Protoforms"...

3 Dev Adam said:
Ten to 1 that Transformers will be released around X-Mas, to capitalize on toy selling.
I really doubt that the movie figures will be released at Christmas time there hasn't been any word from hasbro about them being released during that time as of yet. And we knew the release date of TF classics about six or more months in advance. And if they were going to be released that early hasbro would have had some on display at the Botcon. :yay:

1987olds442 said:
I really doubt that the movie figures will be released at Christmas time there hasn't been any word from hasbro about them being released during that time as of yet. And we knwe the release date of TF classics about six or more months in advance. And if they were going to be released that early hasbro would have had some on display at the Botcon. :yay:

Thats true, Hasbro are usually ahead in release schedules so if they were to release something we would have known by now.

Whatever. I still want Montain Climbing Optimus Prime and Shark Wrestling Bumble Bee.

3 Dev Adam said:
Oh. That.

Uh, sorry to tell you the bad news but, outside the States, everyone thinks that was some CIA scam, forging an excuse to invade Iraq at the cost of the lives of several innocent civilians.

yes, it is bad news that apparently everyone outside the states are morons.

cryptic name said:

I take offence to that :cmad:

cryptic name said:

Nah, we're just against Bush's Reign of Xenophobia.

Which has nothing to do with the CIA or the attacks in New York. Hating Bush is fine. Being stupid enough to think it was an attack orchestrated by a domestic intelligence agency is not.

Again, that's what MOST PEOPLE think. Me, I have other theories.

Thats not what most people think, I have been on the "have your say" boards on BBC enough to know that.

I posted this on the page before as well but any way...

The U.S. did not attack its own people, and the only people who think that are complete morons and insane crackpots. And I don't think the rest of the world is that stupid. Now there are some really stupid people that actually do, but you can't use the term "most people" more then have the planets population would think that.

And you can't just blanket the entire world as being morons that think the U.S. staged 911 it's insulting to everyones intelligence. Rational people actually know the US was attacked buy outside forces.

One of my best friends is from Spain, him and most of the people he knows the U.S. was attack buy al-Qaeda. His girlfriend is from Hong Kong and she knows al-Qaeda attacked the U.S. as well.

And I hope know one here is dumb enough to believe that garbage I just wanted to make it clear that most of the world doesn't believe that U.S. attacked its own people.

cryptic name said:
Lol

Didn't half of you guys vote for George Bush?

And before the thread goes to hell, I'll just say I'm one of the aforementioned morons who happens to interperate the evidence correctly. :word:

We didn't attack ourselves. But we probably deserved it for electing such an inept moron... knowing he'd bring in more inept morons to run the country. They were busy trying to build an intercontinental "missile defense shield" against Russia when those two planes slipped under NORAD and hit.

P.S.
Pretty much no one in New York City voted for Bush (either time). And it sucks that the rest of this often moronic country used the attack on this city to justify their "never again" jingoistic shows of patriotism... when most of the time (before 911) they hated us.

CFlash said:
We didn't attack ourselves. But we probably deserved it for electing such an inept moron... knowing he'd bring in more inept morons to run the country. They were busy trying to build an intercontinental "missile defense shield" against Russia when those two planes slipped under NORAD and hit.

P.S.
Pretty much no one in New York City voted for Bush (either time). And it sucks that the rest of this often moronic country used the attack on this city to justify their "never again" jingoistic shows of patriotism... when most of the time (before 911) they hated us.

I always laugh at these political debates between democrats and republicans. I don't see much of a difference between the two which is why I will never vote for either party again. On the other hand every president that has been in office since 1976 have done something mindnumbingly stupid.

Jimmy Carter:

This guy thought the Ayatollah were godly people so he influenced them to go back to Iran, stir up riots, and kick out the Shaw of Iran. He didn't expect them to capture the US embassy, hold Americans hostage, and become an enemy of the US.

Ronald Reagon:

This guy ignored doing anything about the first signs of Aids in San Fransisco before it started to spread.

He also, refused to listen to his advisers about passing a bill that would have an impact on limiting or stopping illegal immagration before it got out of control.

George H. W. Bush:

This guy decided not to capture Saddam Hussein after the Gulf War was over. The end result was the death of 500,000 kurds and Sheites before his brutal dictatorship finally came to an end.

Bill Clinton:

This guy ignored reports from CIA that the first World Trade Center bombing was caused by someone named Osama Bin Laden.

He ignored reports from the CIA that the terrorism committed in the black hawk down catastrophy was caused by someone named Osama Bin Laden.

He refused to except the offer of Osama Bin Laden as a prisoner from Sudan because he believed he had nothing to charge him with.

George W. Bush:

This guy has spent more money than any president in the history of our nation.

He decided to go into Iraq with no exit strategy plan.

He says he wants to protect americans by fighting terrorism overseas but, it not concerned about terrorists sneaking across our open boards with nuclear devices and setting them off.

95% percent of politicians are corrupt. The presidents of the US are no exception.

Spark said:
Lol

Didn't half of you guys vote for George Bush?

And before the thread goes to hell, I'll just say I'm one of the aforementioned morons who happens to interperate the evidence correctly. :word:

you really think that the u.s. staged an attack that killed thousands of its own people to justify a war the government wanted? i don't know if you realize this, but we're the United States of America. we don't need that kind of excuse to go to war and we know it. it would be totally useless. who would stop us from going to war unprovoked? the U.N.? they need OUR troops to get anything done.

...transformers are awsome...

Dam right TF's are awsome. Anyway my dad got the scoop from one of his uncles (Still has connections to goverment I guess Don't ask me how he just does.) Anyway the reason people want you to believe we went there was to get oil. Wrong. The reason we went was because Bush had word of the development of nuclear weapons. Sadam was already ordering the pieces needed to build his nuclear arms. Bush saw this while we getting rid of Osama Bin Laden and acted. He's doing probabaly what any smart leader would and taking away threats to our country. Granted he hasn't done anything to Iran or North Korea but neither of them have shown aggresion to our country, as of now, like Iraq and Afganistan(SP?). I wouldn't doubt that soon we will be completely involved in the Iran-Isreal battle because They are getting ready to act. Both countries have Nuclear weapons and have their fingers over the button.

That's just my view though. :word:

Oh yea and to reinforce the overall meaning of this thread Transformers rock.

cryptic name said:
you really think that the u.s. staged an attack that killed thousands of its own people to justify a war the government wanted? i don't know if you realize this, but we're the United States of America. we don't need that kind of excuse to go to war and we know it. it would be totally useless. who would stop us from going to war unprovoked? the U.N.? they need OUR troops to get anything done.

Good point. Why would our government spend millions of dollars trying to stage an attack when all it takes is a couple of seconds to come up with an excuse to go to war? Our government is corrupt and stupid but, they aren't that stupid.

Theweepeople said:

Your statements on all presidents (including ones I hate... like Ronald Reagan) are insanely simplistic. I shall focus on the last "OK" president (i.e. not completely inept), Bill Clinton.

Bill Clinton:

This guy ignored reports from CIA that the first World Trade Center bombing was caused by someone named Osama Bin Laden.

Maybe it's because Osama had nothing to do with the first World Trade Center Bombing... which was planned, coordinated by Sheik Omar Rahman and executed by Ramzi Yousef. To blame Osama Bin Laden is exactly like blaming the United States for Iraq invading Kuwait... and even putting Sadam Husain in power.

Sure... he may have been complicit... but that doesn't really mean squat.

He ignored reports from the CIA that the terrorism committed in the black hawk down catastrophy was caused by someone named Osama Bin Laden.

That's totally false.
Aside from the fact that the Black Hawk Down fiasco was not "terrorism" per se... that entire paragraph is untrue.

He refused to except the offer of Osama Bin Laden as a prisoner from Sudan because he believed he had nothing to charge him with.

Because the truth of the matter is that he didn't. George Bush's Orwellian "Enemy Combatants" philosophy (which by the way is totally U.S. Unconstitutional, totally anti-geneva convention, totally against every principle any civilized society has adhered to since the MAGNA CARTA) was NOT in effect at that point in time.

And even if Clinton wanted to bring Osama to justice (which he did... badly!) he DID NOT have the SUPPORT of Congress... which was REPUBLICAN and totally, completely obsessed with doing the OPPOSITE of everything Clinton.

Clinton hoped (yes, naively) that these world players themselves (like Saudi Arabia) would be able to bring the guy to justice. Yes, I guess in hindsight that was stupid. But it sure beats turning EVERY PRINCIPLE that we stand for as a nation upside down (IMHO).

I enjoyed how Clinton stomped all over that lacky on Fox, concerning Bin Laden etc (saw it on Youtube). I thought he was gonna hit the guy.

And BTW, it doesn't really matter how powerful your army is when the political pressure is high enough. The US could've pounded Vietnam to dust but it would've been impossible to justify, and Britain only sent an appetiser of a few hundred paratroopers into Egypt but couldn't finish the job due to huge pressure from various other countries.

And even the Neocons admit (in the 90's?) to needing a "huge event" in order to justify a war in the middle east. I don't recall who said it specifically though.

E: Sorry, they were talking about overall military dominance and not just a few ground wars per se. Plus it was Sep 2000, not the 90's.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf

Just do a search on 'Pearl' to to see the original text. The whole chapter looks intriguing though (considering those peeps share power now).

I remember when this was a Transformers forum. Seriously though guys this should be in the community forum. Its no wonder why the TF board looks messy.

As back on topic since this movie comes out in July my guess to when we will start seeing these toys on the shelves is maybe late spring at the latest it would be June.

So I still hold to the statement that the Movie toys won't be on the shelves during Christmas time, if they were going to be we wouldn't have gotten the great "Filler line" Classics. Hasbro themselves stated that Classics is a line to fill the gap between Cybertron toys and the Movie toys.

Since there aren't going to be that many Classics I can almost see Hasbro not having any Transformers out a few of months before the movie. To increase anticipation of the new toys and the Movie.

Niño Manga said:
Where Did The Transformers Go In This Board?!?!?!

I still want my ****ing Snow Mountain Climber Optimus Prime and Shark Wrestling Beach Boy Bumble Bee.

1987olds442 said:
As back on topic since this movie comes out in July my guess to when we will start seeing these toys on the shelves is maybe late spring at the latest it would be June.

So I still hold to the statement that the Movie toys won't be on the shelves during Christmas time, if they were going to be we wouldn't have gotten the great "Filler line" Classics. Hasbro themselves stated that Classics is a line to fill the gap between Cybertron toys and the Movie toys.

Since there aren't going to be that many Classics I can almost see Hasbro not having any Transformers out a few of months before the movie. To increase anticipation of the new toys and the Movie.

I can't see myself buying this Protoform crap when there are quality products like Classics on the shelves. Toys that look like dung do not appeal to me.

nosebleed said:
I can't see myself buying this Protoform crap when there are quality products like Classics on the shelves. Toys that look like dung do not appeal to me.
Personally they look more like Rocklords to me than Transformers... Which I might get one just because I liked the Rocklords :joker:

I just hope they keep the Classics line going for more than three waves.

Rocklords = cool

Protoforms = dungliness

Rock4278Screen.jpg

I wish I still had some of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back