Iron Man 2 Footage found folks no joke

Be careful what you wish for when you say "a lot of action"...

We don't want another Transformers 2 situation, especially with this potentially amazing franchise.

Did....did you just compare a crapfest of Michael Bays to Jon Favreau directing?

I don't understand why people believe general goodness and action are mutually exclusive. Good (and lengthy) action can BENEFIT a good movie because a good movie is meant to entertain.

I don't understand why people believe general goodness and action are mutually exclusive. Good (and lengthy) action can BENEFIT a good movie because a good movie is meant to entertain.

Yes but not at the expense of the plot. That's what everyone is, rightfully so, afraid of. I don't think it will be an issue with such a character driven director as Favreau though.

I can't wait until Ghost comes back to the pages of Iron Man. Though I've not been reading, I hear that since he joined the Thunderbolts under the pen of Andy Diggle, Ghost has become one of the year's breakout characters, with Diggle adding whole new layers of nuance to his character to go with his creepy costume redesign.

As for other standout foes, I'm pretty new to Iron Man comics, but I love what Fraction's done with Madame Masque over the past few issues.

One of my first Iron man comics had Ghost in it. 1986 issue I think. He has always been my favorite. Yeah his redesign looks wicked. I would love too see him in the third installment. Even if he is just a supporting character.

im not asking for the movie to have action left and right, i just want to see more of iron man, which i have no doubt i will see

Did....did you just compare a crapfest of Michael Bays to Jon Favreau directing?

For real, 'Zathura' was better than anything Bay's directed (Though, I did enjoy Bad Boys 1 & Transformers 1).

Sure, I enjoyed Bad Boys and Transformers for the action but Favreau knows it's not just action. Bay seems to forget that.

Even Kristen Stewart is not annoying in that movie.

The last scene with War Machine blasting away is Epic!!!. That was really good footage and I can't wait.

I can't wait until we get the actual trailer.

Any ideas when we get the trailer? Cuz I heard it was going to come out with GI JOE but we know that didn't happen.

So what is the next paramount movie to come out?

Awesome stuff, I was worried that after seeing the promo picture that Rourke would look out of place in this film. However he looks really menacing in that footage. :up:

Maybe the donut scene is at the end? Stark looks pretty worn out and maybe he's like, "Man, that was an intense fight...I need a donut."

Then comes Fury and all that jazz.

I'm starting to think this as well.

I can't wait until Ghost comes back to the pages of Iron Man. Though I've not been reading, I hear that since he joined the Thunderbolts under the pen of Andy Diggle, Ghost has become one of the year's breakout characters, with Diggle adding whole new layers of nuance to his character to go with his creepy costume redesign.

As for other standout foes, I'm pretty new to Iron Man comics, but I love what Fraction's done with Madame Masque over the past few issues.

With Iron Man's renewed popularity, I'm sure most of his old rogues(who are dated cold-war relics mainly) will all eventually get revamped like Mandarin, Madame Masque and Ghost are getting right now. They simply needed a good impetus to get it done and Iron Man's film success will be that motivator. Just you watch.

It's not so much that Iron Man's rogues are lame or anything as much as it is that they are under-developed. But they are still packed with potential.

Well don't forget Jackson says he's in a few scenes, some with Downey and some with Johansson.

Yeah I remember that. I am just starting to think that particular scene probably comes at the end of the film.

Stark does say, "I already told you..."

So that could be a scene as well, or I guess it could be off screen.

For real, 'Zathura' was better than anything Bay's directed (Though, I did enjoy Bad Boys 1 & Transformers 1).

agreed, will smith is hilarious and seeing the transformers in modern times was great, but the sequels just sucked, and i enjoyed Zathura more than Jumanji

I liked both Jumanji and Zathura. It funny that both of those directors are now doing Marvel Studios movies. Now just get Zemekis for one and we'll have the Chris Van Allsburg trifecta!

The Comic-Con footage is very awesome, and like everyone else I can't wait to see more WM. I also like Rouke's Whiplash, but it seems like he was taking on Stark, not Iron Man, and I wonder how he'd fare against IM with his whips while IM has arsenal of weapons PLUS rocket-propell boots. Hopefully Favearu will make it work.

Maybe Whiplash will be more of a stalker-villain rather than a balls-out, "I'll Fight Iron Man" villain. Kinda like the Joker to Batman. Joker doesn't try to fight Batman, cause he'd get his ass kicked and he knows it. So he goes another way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"