The Rise of Skywalker For those that have seen it, a spoiler thread...

How many numbers were on the check to Harrison Ford to get him to come back for this?

Probably a lot, but I have a feeling he came back as a favour after we lost Carrie. His role is basically filling in for a missing Leia scene imo.

Palpatine could reach out across the galaxy to mess with Kylos mind for years but couldn't track down his granddaughter?

It's so dumb. I'm not sure I even understand it fully. Apparently Palps just hired one guy.

The ship Rey recognized from her childhood belonged to a guy hired by Palps to retrieve Rey, right? So surely this implies that guy was on the same planet. How did he not find her again?

How many people knew Rey was Palps Granddaughter? Is that why Han gave her the side eye a few times?

Leia knew. I don't know how exactly, or when she found out. I don't think Han did. Luke can't have after TLJ.

So as a Force Ghost you can manipulate things physically so why haven't they assisted when the Rebellion and Jedi needed help? Because people and Jedi have to stand on their own?

I read somewhere that Jedi power is heightened on that planet specifically, so I guess that tracks. I was kinda hoping to see Luke finally display a jedi become 'more powerful than you can possibly image'.

So a Jedi or Sith can reach out across the universe and physically take something from someone but can't grab the person and still can't figure out where the person is?

Yes, it seems.

So what do we take from this ? A person born to be a Sith becomes a Jedi
A person longing to be a Sith turns back to the light ....so happy ending right?

I'm not sure JJ really thought about it this deeply. All I got from the film was that it really didn't want to upset anybody.

It's so dumb. I'm not sure I even understand it fully. Apparently Palps just hired one guy.

Presumeably, he was a surviving Inquisitor. They tended to be lone agents. I also suspect Sheev Jr wasn't much of a Force talent, making it a bit more difficult for Palpatine to track. Also, who knows how long it took for Palpatine to recover from death.

I finally got around to reading Zahn's second Thrawn book since he was recanonized. Interesting after watching the movie. A lot of heavy talking about how Palpatine and Thrawn talked about the Unknown Regions, and how the Unknown Regions were hard to navigate. And the Chiss used Force users as their nav computers, essentially. I just found it interesting with the difficulties of getting to Exagol.

82362644_2837673876271329_6608588486691782656_n.jpg

Presumably, he was a surviving Inquisitor. They tended to be lone agents. I also suspect Sheev Jr wasn't much of a Force talent, making it a bit more difficult for Palpatine to track. Also, who knows how long it took for Palpatine to recover from death.

We know Palpatine was recovered enough to recruit the assassin when Rey was a little kid. Weird he never followed up on it, or had Snoke in the loop. Jr not being force-sensitive is bizarre come to think of it. Is this common in canon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"