For Those Who Hated Raimi's Version!

[

yes because a reboot will mean your dream Spider-Man movie will be perfectly made and all fan requests compiled. :whatever:

Whether you love or hate Raimi's movies there is no evidence this is the Spidey movie you have been waiting for. Believe it or not Raimi's films are pretty popular in the mainstream and very respected products in Hollywood. There may be some lack of interest for the more talented to take a crack at Spidey.

But I hope the reboot goes swimmingly and surpasses the old. But I'm sure many believed X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a fresh start, as well.

Correct. I do not KNOW it will.. and YOU do not KNOW it won't.

All any of us are doing now is hoping and expressing opinions, and that is ALL we can do a this point.

DACMAN obviously doesn't know what happens to a "rebooted" movie.

I hope and actually can't wait for this to blow up in everyone's faces.

Are you a fan of Spider-man? Because as someone who's grown up loving this character since the age of four, I honestly can't fathom, for any reason, why I would hope a movie based on this character would turn out badly.

I mean honestly, this post just made me feel...really, really disappointed in the state of these boards at the moment.

Now, I think everyone knows I had my problems with Raimi, and to be honest, I'm happy we're getting a reboot. But I don't think this means we should just start ripping on the guy like crazy. The man made two really good movies, and one average one. Were they the best adaptations of the character? In my opinion, no, they weren't. But they certainly weren't horrible. I don't think the man deserves hate by any means.

But to reiterate, I honestly can not understand why anyone, if they call themselves a fan of Spider-man, or comics in general, would wish ill to a movie based on a character you love. It just boggles my mind. I sincerely hoped Raimi wished well for SM4 when I thought he would make it. I didn't want to see a Spider-man film I disliked. I never hoped he would fail.

And saying you hope that this reboot fails is just....wow. I mean, I just really can't understand it at all.

People kept saying that SM4 would have sucked without even seeing any of it...so I don't see the difference.

People kept saying that SM4 would have sucked without even seeing any of it...so I don't see the difference.

Then that's just as bad. And it really bugs me. I just don't understand that. I said a lot of things about Raimi. I said I would have preferred a reboot, I said I didn't agree with his treatment of the mythos, but I never hoped he would fail.

I don't understand anyone who openly wishes for something based on their favorite character to fail. I mean, this is a character who's been one of my heroes since I was a kid. There's no way in hell I would ever want to see a movie based on him do badly. I can't comprehend anyone wishing for it to happen. I just think it's childish.

Totally agree.

No one wished for Spider-Man 4 to suck. A lot of us were worried it might considering the way things were headed. Why would anyone want a movie based on their favorite character to suck? That's just sad.

Originally Posted by Aesop Rocks

I hope and actually can't wait for this to blow up in everyone's faces.

I'm sorry dude, but if this is true, you're simply not a real fan of Spidey's. Good luck with hating life.

Mean while I'll continue to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

but...I won't. a dark gritty tale on the webslinger?...when this blows up, I'll be the one laughing ALL day.

Let go of your hate. It will consume you. Remember the love of all things Spidey. Life is too short and Spidey is too awesome for you to hold on to all this hate. Come party with us. Eat, drink, and be happy we get more Spidey movies.

*special video posted just for venomvsspidey*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYZUhSeRYc

Ok, everyone else can watch too!

WOOHOO!!!! A NEW SPIDEY MOVIE!!!! LET THE QUIPS COME A FLYING!!! I'm so freaken happy. I had a great day all day just telling people about this reboot.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :up:

:spidey:

No one should HATE Sam Raimi. You may not agree with the Peter Parker that he used, but Spider-man 1 and Spider-man 2 were good films. That's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact. The majority of critics love them, the majority of the audience loved them... which means... they were good films.

I just find it pretty amusing in general that so many people think a reboot automatically means an amazing film. Honestly the concept of Spider-Man wasn't broken, so why fix it? The third film wasn't so bad that it needed a reboot.

You could've easily cut down the usage of Mary Jane being the victim and just introduce a villain such as the Lizard, Kraven, or even Vermin terrorizing the city. I could see if Spider-Man 3 cost 150 million to make and only made 80 million worldwide. But this film generated big bucks for Sony, Raimi, Tobey, Kirsten, and etc. So why reboot?

Honestly DACMAN. No offense to you, but I just think you want a Spider-Man film with constant quips, no storyline, mindless action, and bad acting.

You do realize that if Spider-Man quips all the time it becomes stupid and eventually takes away from the film. And you are coming off as a troll with your constant thread making, flame baiting, and being very patronizing to the members of this thread. If it had been me, Chaseter, or any other poster we would've been infractioned or banned already.

So seriously, get over yourself man and realize that no one really benefits from this as none of us have a hand in making the product.

Raimi,I hated you cause you made Harry a freakin clown.A paintball mask,a snow board?I'm glad you are off the spidey franchise,cause you were screwing it up.

I don't know who Sam was fooling with that crap? He really wanted to alienate the fans.

For people complaining about Raimi wanting to use Vulture remember he wanted to use Lizard also. He had good ideas in mind and a story he wanted to tell, but Sony didn't want him because he's too "odd-looking" and not to mention that after GG, they were put off on any future villains having their faces hidden.

I think that's why Harry wasn't a Goblin in SM-3. And the only time he wore that ridiculous paint baller's mask was for the first 60 seconds of his first fight with Peter.

There's really no other bigger villains that doesn't have his face hidden or actually has a human face aside from Vulture, Kraven(but it would really suck if he was in but not Lizard), and Electro(Ultimate version, but I can't see him carrying a movie on his own).

...I have a feeling I'm going to get tired of the same argument over and over and over. We've all heard the story. All the different details, all the different "rumors" have been posted. The reality is, Sam Raimi made his version of Spider-man, and for the most part with success. Now a new director is going to step in and reboot it. Face it, deal with it, stop looking at the past like it could happen, and pray that the new Director improves on what's already been made. Will they? Time will tell. But I'm telling you, Spider-man is a much more profitable franchise then anything that has been rebooted before. Sony is not taking rebooting lightly, unless they truly are idiots, which we will see in the future. I'm going to stop coming to this part of the board until some new actual information hits. ;)

can't wait for you to get an infraction for posting my video with language that isn't allowed here :woot::woot:

That was you eh?

You're entitled to your opinion and I had nothing wrong with what you said until you claimed you wanted it to fail.

Come on who wants any movie to fail? Especially if your a Spidey fan how could you want Spidey to fail? That just does not make sense to me.

I can understand ones anger of a new director. But wanting it to fail. That just seems too much to me.

Last edited:
That was you eh?

You're entitled to your opinion and I had nothing wrong with what you said until you claimed you wanted it to fail.

Come on who wants any movie to fail? Especially if your a Spidey fan how could you want Spidey to fail? That just does not make sense to me.

I can understand ones anger of a new director. But wanting it to fail. That just seems too much to me.

I wish the cast and director good luck. SONY? not so much.

and mainly so I can laugh in the faces of those bombing on me now.

I wish the cast and director good luck. SONY? not so much.

If anything if you liked Spidey 3 as you say, you should remember revenge aint a good thing.

To me it sounds like your ego is more important that making a great movie, which is not good because the only one that cares of your ego is you. I know it can be hard, but I would not be saying that because if it does do good, then it will smack you in the face even more. You can be mad about Spidey no longer being done by Sam, but don't hate just because of spite, it has no purpose.

I remember the day I joined the Hype the first time. It was the exact day that the Spidey 2 teaser trailer came out in December 03. I never talked as much then but I remember seeing many Spidey fans upset with the way Raimi was doing it, some were happy, but still wanted some changes.

Raimi had a good shot with three of them, so why not let some one else look at their version. Many on these forums were not happy with Raimi, especially back when I first joined, it was a madhouse. I loved the first two, by the way so I was never anti-Sam. But why not see some one elses take on the series.

To me, they let Sam do 3, now give some one else a chance to show Spidey in another light that fans like. Spidey is Spidey and if the film is good you win.

Last edited:
I do hate Raimi, he made a few average (as they can be) movies about some pathetic loser that happens to have super powers. And he made a few absolutely horrible movies about a super hero he tried to pass off as Spider-Man, and what was even more sad about it, is that people actually bought into the films and thought it were not only quality films, but quality Spider-Man films.

And I do hope this reboot fails miserably as long as it's with a company that isn't Marvel.

can't wait for you to get an infraction for posting my video with language that isn't allowed here

HAHAhAHAAHAahahaHAhAHahaehHAHahehehehehahAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEhaheheha!!!!!:hehe::hehe::hehe:

That was you? I didn't know you were like 12 dude. But it all makes sense now.

Man I love my life. :woot:

This has been the greatest week in the history of the world.

Last edited:
HAHAhAHAAHAahahaHAhAHahaehHAHahehehehehahAHAHA!!!!!:hehe::hehe::hehe:

YOu really love bashing people who don't agree with you, huh? :whatever:

HAHAhAHAAHAahahaHAhAHahaehHAHahehehehehahAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEhaheheha!!!!!:hehe::hehe::hehe:

yes....I'm 12...:dry:..try adding a couple years there buddy..and guess what?

Sony wanted control on the last two films, SM3+SM4. luckily for them, It worked on Spider-Man 3, we got a great movie, and after the phenomenal success we saw, they wanted more hold over Sam. Come SM4, Sony want's more control, and Raimi basically says F*** you, stop interfering, and walks. Why anyone thinks that just because Raimi is gone that Sony will loosen their grip is beyond me.

Honestly, it wasn't the studio interference that bothered me. As I've said many times before, I'm just not a fan of the Raimi treatment.

But the man made two good movies and one average one. There's no need for hate. He never gave us a movie as bad as Batman and Robin, or the Fantastic Fours, or Elecktra, or Ghostrider.

I do think that the mythos can be handled much better then how Raimi did. But the man doesn't deserve hate.

Sorry, for me SM3 was pretty close to Batman & Robin. Show me a bad acting in one and I'll show you one in the other, a corny scene/dialogue, a plothole, whatever in one and I'll show you another one in the other. Ok ok, B&R might have more of any, but SM3 had many of those and quite comparable. I mean, I prefer the bat-credit card over dancing Peter any day of the century.

But yes, SM2 was quite good. In spite of those "jokes" it had great moments and simply the best action scene in a superhero movie ever.

^^

teh failure

Maybe if you had ever picked up a Spider-Man comic (Pre One More Day) or watched almost any of the cartoon's you would know I'm absolutely correct.

And typing "teh failure" doesn't make you look clever or intelligent. It's quite the opposite.

Maybe if you had ever picked up a Spider-Man comic (Pre One More Day) or watched almost any of the cartoon's you would know I'm absolutely correct.

And typing "teh failure" doesn't make you look clever or intelligent. It's quite the opposite.

yeah, because some of my favorite comics aren't pre-2009s'. Oh wait...torment..amazing fantasy 15, death of gwen stacy, kraven's last hunt..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"