For Those Who Hated Raimi's Version!

Eh.. where would the fun be in that? :cwink: As long as the "debates" are kept above the belt (not personal attacks), it's greatness.

You sould know how hard it is for people around here to keep from turning any difference in opinion into a personal attack....I prefer not to see that happen.

You sould know how hard it is for people around here to keep from turning any difference in opinion into a personal attack....I prefer not to see that happen.

I realize people are passionate about this subject as fans, but that does not mean you have to make it a personal attack. And to suggest you cannot have a discenting opinion (i.e. Love Raimi.. support Raimi.. however you want to state it) in this thread is "overkill". Plain and simple.

Healthy, even heated debates, are what this board is all about. And IF it gets to a personal attack level, that is where the Mods should step in to "Nip it in the Bud" Barney. :woot:

Yeah, I love how so many are overreacting and claiming they WILL NOT see the Reboot, and how they HOPE the Reboot Fails.

Yeah Right!

Sheesh... *take a breath people.. the sun will still come up tomorrow*

but...I won't. a dark gritty tale on the webslinger?...when this blows up, I'll be the one laughing ALL day.

but...I won't. a dark gritty tale on the webslinger?...when this blows up, I'll be the one laughing ALL day.

If you get your "jollies" from seeing Spider-Man fail.. more power to you. IF THAT HAPPENS also mind you. I think not.

And the Death of Gwen Stacy, Spidey's greatest story arc.. you do NOT think that is a Dark and Gritty tale???

Death of the Girl he loves at the hands of his arch enemy?

Technically, his own hands. Spidey broke her neck.

Like I said, if that is what they mean by dark, go for it. But, I'll believe it when I see it. Sony needs to show me they are not the ones really making this movie before I get any hype for it.

Technically, his own hands. Spidey broke her neck.

Like I said, if that is what they mean by dark, go for it. But, I'll believe it when I see it. Sony needs to show me they are not the ones really making this movie before I get any hype for it.

Well technically then.. by his "web".. but we're nit-picking now. :cwink:

The point is, she died during Spidey's battle with Green Goblin. The Goblin Legacy. I would hope they could even improve on that story and make it more dramatic.

If you get your "jollies" from seeing Spider-Man fail.. more power to you. IF THAT HAPPENS also mind you. I think not.

And the Death of Gwen Stacy, Spidey's greatest story arc.. you do NOT think that is a Dark and Gritty tale???

Death of the Girl he loves at the hands of his arch enemy?

No, I mean about as much Ill will towards spidey as I do bats - NONE. some of the fans? well...:o

Well technically then.. by his "web".. but we're nit-picking now. :cwink:

The point is, she died during Spidey's battle with Green Goblin. The Goblin Legacy. I would hope they could even improve on that story and make it more dramatic.

If I were rebooting the series, I would be arcing it to set up an SM3 where the GG is the villain and Gwen dies. If that is the intent with this reboot, I will eat crow and be happy about it, as it is Spider-Man's greatest story. You and I are in complete agreement there.

No, I mean about as much Ill will towards spidey as I do bats - NONE. some of the fans? well...:o

Glad to hear you have no "ill will". I was just surprised to see you posting how you would NOT see the Reboot in another thread, even before you knew what the reboot was about.

If I were rebooting the series, I would be arcing it to set up an SM3 where the GG is the villain and Gwen dies. If that is the intent with this reboot, I will eat crow and be happy about it, as it is Spider-Man's greatest story. You and I are in complete agreement there.

Well, nothing personal.. but I "certainly" (Curly voice) hope you eat crow.. cause I am hoping we see that same progression too.

I'm sure you do. :whatever:

Yep! LOL.. one of my Fave Posts. :up: Glad you SAW the light finally.

Just razzin you, I know you meant to say your opinion (like ours) is just that.. "An Opinion"

But man.. talk about open post(mouth) insert foot. :cwink:

Well, nothing personal.. but I "certainly" (Curly voice) hope you eat crow.. cause I am hoping we see that same progression too.

I hope I eat crow also. I may have loved Raimi's Spider-Man, and kind of wish the hate on him would die down (he doesn't deserve the extreme levels of hate), but I don't want to see Raimi vindicated at the expense of my favorite character. That would just be pety of me, and I hope this reboot is great and gives us Gwen as the love interest, the death of Gwen, and another solid trilogy.

I hope I eat crow also. I may have loved Raimi's Spider-Man, and kind of wish the hate on him would die down (he doesn't deserve the extreme levels of hate), but I don't want to see Raimi vindicated at the expense of my favorite character. That would just be pety of me, and I hope this reboot is great and gives us Gwen as the love interest, the death of Gwen, and another solid trilogy.

Right there in agreement of all counts, including the OVER HATRED of Raimi. I loved a lot of his SM1-2, and even some of SM3. But, I just got tired of his cheesiness approach, and how he (and the writers) were bastardizing the characters and some of the storylines.

But regardless, I give him his Kudo's for SM1 and SM2.. and what he has meant to the Franchise and the Genre in General. :up:

With that said, cannot wait for the Reboot.

Right there in agreement of all counts, including the OVER HATRED of Raimi. I loved a lot of his SM1-2, and even some of SM3. But, I just got tired of his cheesiness approach, and how he (and the writers) were bastardizing the characters and some of the storylines.

But regardless, I give him his Kudo's for SM1 and SM2.. and what he has meant to the Franchise and the Genre in General. :up:

agreed

Agreed (though it will take me a while to get used to the reboot) :up:

I hope we start getting news on the reboot soon. The sooner we see how this new series is taking shape, the sooner that maybe Sony will show me they intend to bring us another solid Spidey film.

I enjoy Raimi's films, but I have severe issues with:

-The soap opera aspects. The musical numbers, the dancing, even the execution of PP and MJ's relationship.
-MJ being turned into a overly sensitive, flimsy, self-centered ***** (played to perfection by Kirsten Dunst). No sane man would ever fall in love, much less stay in love, with a woman like that.
-Every villain having a relationship with PP in some capacity.

Last edited:
just ridiculous how he made spider-man save MJ in all 3 endings

Yeah, I'm just as happy as the next fan who knows anything about Spider-Man. But let's be honest. With Raimi alleged control the movies sucked, without his eleged control the movie sucked. I don't think I'll be happy until Marvel gets control.

Agreed on all counts.

Yeah, I'm just as happy as the next fan who knows anything about Spider-Man. But let's be honest. With Raimi alleged control the movies sucked, without his alleged control the movie sucked. I don't think I'll be happy until Marvel gets control.
Thats what is really needed to get an Iron Man quality Spider-Man movie. Sony will always drop its two cents into any production. Lets just hope the studio's input is minimal.

[
Let's see.. this means to me:

No more GweMJ character.

A true Gwen Stacy and a true MJ character.

Aunt May NOT being the number one fan of Spider-Man.

A chance to redeem the Power Ranger Goblin.

A chance to redeem the sympathetic Love-Ridden (The Tentacles made me do it Doc Ock).

A chance to really develop the Connors Clan in prep for a truely dark Lizard story. :up:

A chance at a truely rich supporting cast that has always been Spider-Man's in the comics.

A chance to do justice to the symbiote storyline, Black Spider-Man, Venom.

A chance to introduce Capt Stacy correctly.

A chance at storylines that do NOT cater to the kid friendly market.

A chance to COMPLETELY FORGET the stupid Sandman killed Uncle Ben.

A chance to have a truely dark Goblin Legacy, in the tradition of Joker in TDK.

A chance to tell Spider-Man's greatest arc.. Death of Gwen Stacy.

Eh.. What's NOT to like about that?

yes because a reboot will mean your dream Spider-Man movie will be perfectly made and all fan requests compiled. :whatever:

Whether you love or hate Raimi's movies there is no evidence this is the Spidey movie you have been waiting for. Believe it or not Raimi's films are pretty popular in the mainstream and very respected products in Hollywood. There may be some lack of interest for the more talented to take a crack at Spidey.

But I hope the reboot goes swimmingly and surpasses the old. But I'm sure many believed X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a fresh start, as well.

You're not getting a more cartoonish Spiderman-- you're going to get a darker Spiderman.

DACMAN obviously doesn't know what happens to a "rebooted" movie.

I hope and actually can't wait for this to blow up in everyone's faces.

You're not getting a more cartoonish Spiderman-- you're going to get a darker Spiderman.

<Yawn> That sounds loverly. I'm looking forward <scratches eyes> to the part where Spidey drops Wilson Fisk off a building and shatters his knee caps for information or when he beats Green Goblin to a bloody pulp in Capt. Stacy's interrogation room screaming for the location of MJ. <Shakes groggy head> Sounds fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"