The Dark Knight Sancturary for those who dislike the IBIHDT Joker Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
True.

But in the the end I believe this will be another "GraigBond" or more recently the "Bayformers" riot, looks like those Transformer fanboys are slowly but surely changing their tune about the movie.

nope, the people who know nothing about transformers and love the move despite not having seen it are just louder than us.

closeup2.jpg

You mean that one?
When I 1st saw that pic, I was disappointed with it, even though its blurry and doesnt give you a good look at the Joker.

After I saw the www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com pic of the Joker, I wanted the Joker to look like the above pic, even though it's blurry and it doesn't give you a good look at the Joker.

Well, at least we know that he doesn't stay the way he is in that picture. The set picture confirms that.
If you're referring to the cut smile and so on, that's exactly what he has in the blurry glass image. Even though it's blurry anyone can see that. I don't see what's different. Except for the green hair.

Well, the edges of the make-up or whatever are filled in, and the lipstick is there. So he went from looking like he got in a food fight while baking pies to looking mostly Joker-like.

I like a sinister laugh like hammill's

by the looks of the picture anything but a sinister laugh wouldnt be good

I want a deeper laugh. Hamill's laugh was good for the cartoon, but this isn't the cartoon.

Thinking a Jack Palance evil type laugh would do the trick

We think it's 1/2 done, same set, yet flat hair and no extended smile

Why would Paul Bettany make a perfect Joker?
Is your opinion based on his performance and looks as Sylas?

I think I am best qualified to answer this question.

Paul Bettany would make a perfect Joker for many different reasons.

1. The guy can do sadistic SOB. Unless you are British or simply a fan of oft overlooked British gangster films, then chances are you never saw Gangster No. 1. Its a shame - fantastically brutal and interesting movie staring - you guessed it, Paul Bettany.

Paul Bettany played the main character who became increasingly evil as the film goes along. The intensity of hatred Bettany is able to portray with his eyes, on top of the pure energy he brought to many of the torture scenes simply screams Joker. In fact if the character had charisma and green hair, he would be a perfect Joker doppleganger.

2. The guy oozes charisma. Take away his sadistic 'Young Gangster' portrayal and you have a laundry list of roles putting Mr. Bettany playing a charismatic man. A Knights Tale showed his ability to become a show man in character, Firewall showed how he could be a charming con man, interviews on late night talk shows showed his wit and humor. Combine this with number one and you have Joker in the flesh.

3. He respected the character and Nolan's previous work. He went on the record several times about how much he wanted the role, how much he liked the character, and how much he would love the chance to work with a director the caliber of Nolan.

4. He looks like the Joker.

155fa32a.jpg

5. I said so.

Ironic that all these traits that made him perfect, probably ended up being the reasons why he wasn't cast. :o

Ironic that all these traits that made him perfect, probably ended up being the reasons why he wasn't cast. :o

I honestly believe there were two reasons he WASN'T cast:

1. Firewall

2. Da Vinci Code

Yeah, I'd say those 2 definitely had an impact. If his crazy bad-guy role was just with Gangster No. 1, he wouldn't have backed himself into a corner.

Even though that early picture of Heath in makeup is blurry, his hair looks kind of emerald. But not on the following pictures. Hmm... maybe an imagination.

Aaah Bettany, what could have been. I still say Hulme was tailor made for this, the man looks threatening no matter how he contorts his face

I think I am best qualified to answer this question.

Paul Bettany would make a perfect Joker for many different reasons.

1. The guy can do sadistic SOB. Unless you are British or simply a fan of oft overlooked British gangster films, then chances are you never saw Gangster No. 1. Its a shame - fantastically brutal and interesting movie staring - you guessed it, Paul Bettany.

Paul Bettany played the main character who became increasingly evil as the film goes along. The intensity of hatred Bettany is able to portray with his eyes, on top of the pure energy he brought to many of the torture scenes simply screams Joker. In fact if the character had charisma and green hair, he would be a perfect Joker doppleganger.

2. The guy oozes charisma. Take away his sadistic 'Young Gangster' portrayal and you have a laundry list of roles putting Mr. Bettany playing a charismatic man. A Knights Tale showed his ability to become a show man in character, Firewall showed how he could be a charming con man, interviews on late night talk shows showed his wit and humor. Combine this with number one and you have Joker in the flesh.

3. He respected the character and Nolan's previous work. He went on the record several times about how much he wanted the role, how much he liked the character, and how much he would love the chance to work with a director the caliber of Nolan.

4. He looks like the Joker.

155fa32a.jpg

5. I said so.

Very good points. Thank you for taking the time to share them with me.

nope, the people who know nothing about transformers and love the move despite not having seen it are just louder than us.

I would say it's that they are simply becoming more in number,no one is louder than Blind Fury:woot:

There's no question about it, I would have definitely cast Bettany in the role before I'd have considered Ledger for the part. It's all moot at this point.

I would say it's that they are simply becoming more in number,no one is louder than Blind Fury:woot:

Well, all I gotta say is remember Oldguy on the Superman forums? The guy ranted and ranted, then after seeing it, admitted to liking it more than he gave it credit for.

I'm trying to avoid forums where I'm being called a Bay plant or Fanboy because I'm looking forward to TF. You can only take so much.

Hell, I dont care for Nolans take on the Joker, but Im still going to see TDK without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"