Forum Decision: Should The Character Threads Stay Active?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightning Strikez! said:
Good suggestion.

What do the rest of you think of that?

Sounds good to me. :)

Eek...I didn't notice my extra 'it' until now. Whoops!

I'm glad my pragmatism is appreciated! Yay, me! :p

We should have a photo-album with ONLY PICTURES. It's hard searching through all the pages in photo-album,since you can't really use the "search function" to look for pictures.

moop501 said:
We should have a photo-album with ONLY PICTURES. It's hard searching through all the pages in photo-album,since you can't really use the "search function" to look for pictures.
If new threads were created when new pictures were released, and then merged into the main photo album thread at a later date, there wouldn't be so much of a problem. The first post of the thread could just be updated.

On top of that, I think we need to stop people posting their manips and wallpapers in the photo album. There are manip and photo threads for that.

moop501 said:

My suggestion for this is the following:

We can lock the original Photo Album and then invite users to go through it and post only their favorite photos in a new album. Conversation could be pruned and warnings given if spammage takes place; I don't have a problem with monitoring that. If we make the rules crystal clear from the outset I think folks would support it.

the batman begins forum did something like that.

Lightning Strikez! said:
My suggestion for this is the following:

We can lock the original Photo Album and then invite users to go through it and post only their favorite photos in a new album. Conversation could be pruned and warnings given if spammage takes place; I don't have a problem with monitoring that. If we make the rules crystal clear from the outset I think folks would support it.

If I wanted only pics I'd go to a fan site/ my x-3 folder. The fun is discussing the pics with the rest of you guys. People really love the photo thread. I dont think it should be closed.

I made a mistake and chose option 1... sorry. :O

I agree with Lightning's idea about the photo album, but please, don't close the characters' threads.

I'd rather have spam in one single thread rather than multiple spam threads.

Sure it may be hard sometimes to keep track but at least we're not flooded with hundreds of needless threads.

def keep thing the way they are i love these forums, and allowing a pretty much free for all would make it alot slower and more confusing!

im all for option 2, otherwise after the movie there will be 3 threads on angels wings, 15 threads on cyclops fate and about 30 about how wolverine got too much screen time

I mean, its a lazyness thing isnt it. when people see lots of threads, they wont bother to look through them, but the way it is now is fine.

I like the character threads, even if people go there to chat, I can read around the personal conversations and get to the burning issues (Phoenix pun hehehe). I like that people can be friendly with others who share their interests here. The only problem for me is the photo album thread, I wish I didn't hafta search so much to find a particular pic. :)

The character discussion threads help to organize the forums and it's a great way of centralizing topics - doing away with it would provide less of a structured feel.

I voted one but i prefer this new relaunch idea. I'm a fairly infrequent poster but sometimes i want to join in the discussions but i'm never sure what's already been said or what isn't cause every topic is on like page 48 or more.

Almighty Pejo said:
Maybe I'm just oversimplifying things, but people are making too much fuss over something that should be so easy to resolve. Things get lost in the Official threads, this is true. That is why, when you get new information (a picture, a quote, an interivew--whatever) you create a new thread for it so that everyone can find it easily and discuss it. A week or so later, when it's no longer new, you merge it into the official thread it belongs in it. Is that really an impossible feat to accomplish?
That's a great idea. :up: I'm all for it.

OKay. The mods may not like this idea but i've been a member over at the JC message boards at the Force.net, mainly in ROTS/ Star Wars community forums. They had a thread "Get In Line" where we could talk about mostly anything we wanted aside from "Star Wars". I was wondering if there could be one in the X-Men 3 Forum. That could maybe possibly take care of the spamming part. its just an Idea and I know there's one in the X-Men community forums but why not for X-Men3? -shrugs- Again, just an idea.

The character threads is one of the things that makes the X-Forums feel so much more structured than some of the other forums I visit. Spider-Man, Batman, FF's forums all seem field with multiple threads on the same thing.

That's why I voted option 2. I don't want this to be like the Spider-Man forums where there's 18 threads about people *****ing that Topher isn't gonna do Venom justice, or Sugar Man is totally cameoing. It's annoying.

DOD, the one in the community forums originated here. Then the Supes kids came over here and complained because they didn't have one, so it was moved at their request, then they went and made one recently...and well...yeah.

I think that thread needs to be back HERE to cut down on some spamage. It was one of the only threads that was light hearted fair that kept the peace between everyone.

JustABill said:
DOD, the one in the community forums originated here. Then the Supes kids came over here and complained because they didn't have one, so it was moved at their request, then they went and made one recently...and well...yeah.

I think that thread needs to be back HERE to cut down on some spamage. It was one of the only threads that was light hearted fair that kept the peace between everyone.

Well then. I'd say every comic forum should have one so atleast... there won't be any fights over this over that. that way things will be peaceful...but I suppose that doesn't always happen. Its too bad. :(

JustABill said:

The big problem with having an Off-Topic Thread was that it was ALWAYS the top thread on the forum. People got really annoyed with that because some felt it was being abused. And I have to agree--some posters rarely had anything to say in any of the other threads related to the film, but spent the majority of their time there. Considering this is an X3 Spoiler forum I had a hard time justifying it's existence here. Perhaps if the posting habits were a bit more balanced it could work...

Darthkush said:
I voted one but i prefer this new relaunch idea. I'm a fairly infrequent poster but sometimes i want to join in the discussions but i'm never sure what's already been said or what isn't cause every topic is on like page 48 or more.

The relaunch idea is definitely something I will seriously consider. That and Pejo's proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"