FOX News' Megyn Kelly "Santa and Jesus Are White"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

Avenger
Reaction score
[YT]7XYlJqf4dLI[/YT]

Here's an important lesson to all the youngsters out there, courtesy of Fox News: Both Jesus AND Santa Claus were white.

During her show last night, Fox News' Megyn Kelly addressed a Slate article that argued that Santa Claus should no longer be portrayed as a white man. Maybe he should be a penguin instead, argued Aisha Harris, the Slate writer. Kelly's reaction? Nope.

"By the way, for all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white but this person is just arguing that maybe we should also have a black Santa," Kelly said, before briefly pausing to acknowledge that she can sort of kind of understand how that might be painful for a black child. But only kind of sort of. "Just because it makes you feel uncomfortable doesn't mean it has to change," she added.

But she didn't stop there. She went on to address Jesus' race. You know, the Semitic fellow allegedly born in the Middle East 2000 years ago.

"Jesus was a white man, too," Kelly said. "He was a historical figure. That's a verifiable fact — as is Santa. I just want the kids watching to know that. My point is, how do you just revise it in the middle of the legacy of the story and change Santa from white to black?"

But let's back up a second. Jesus' whiteness is a "verifiable fact" as is... Santa's? The fictional character parents lie to their children about every year? Hmm.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...ds-watching-at-home-santa-just-is-white-video

I was going to post this in the FOX news forums in politics but it so insanely stupid that I had to share it with as many people as I could

Fox news. I detest them. Bah.

But... Jesus wasn't white. :huh:

He was a Jew from the lower class in Ancient Rome. Him being a white guy is actually less likely than a person rising from the dead.

Jesus is half white. God is white, Jesus' mom isn't.

But... Jesus wasn't white. :huh:

He was a Jew from the lower class in Ancient Rome. Him being a white guy is actually less likely than a person rising from the dead.

Question, you aren't paying attention to the facts. The bible says he is (even though it doesn't) and Fox News says he is and they have proof (even though they don't) and the facts speak for themselves (which don't exist).

Fox News, catering to hardcore Conservative Christian Evangelist belief that only they are the relevant people in the world? The shock of it all! :dry:

As much as Fox wants Jesus to be a blond-haired, blue-eyed Aryan ubermensch, he probably looked more like your average Gaza Strip Arab.

Who are... not white?

Not really, no. They're a mix of skin colors ranging from white all the way into darker skin colors. I think "olive" is one of the terms used but I'm not that familar with the recognized color. Maybe Mediterranean is more PC? And that's modern Greeks.

Not really, no. They're a mix of skin colors ranging from white all the way into darker skin colors. I think "olive" is one of the terms used but I'm not that familar with the recognized color. Maybe Mediterranean is more PC? And that's modern Greeks.

Yeah, having lived in Greece, I gotta call BS on that.

Ask any Greek what they are, and they will say white. Well, actually, they will say Greek, and then if you ask them to specify, they will say white.

Greeks don't go for PC much either.

Modern Greece probably. The ancient Greeks weren't all the same though. I've never been to Greece but some of the Greeks I've seen and met aren't a uniform color of white. Some are almost Arabic in their skin color. I also meant PC in the way people around here would react.

Anyways the point is that Fox News is once again literally white-washing history into it's preferred demographic.

I don't see how it would make a difference, if he is ethnically Greek.

But, entertaining the idea that he wasn't, Europeans consider Turks, and Arabs to be "white" as well. White comes in shades.

In America, what would they qualify as?

Come on, everyone knows Jesus was an Asian guy.

- He lived with his parents his whole life.
- He hung around the same entourage made up of 12 guys and 1 girl who was kind of skanky.
- He was resented by Jews and bullied by Italians.
- He died a virgin.

Being a first-century Jew in appearance, I strongly doubt Jesus was what many consider "white" today...however, he probably wasn't too dark either, like Africans or Arabs.

The core issue of this whole "black Santa" deal is arbitrary offense, fueled by political correctness. Megyn got one thing right in her statement: "Just because it makes you feel uncomfortable, that doesn't mean it has to change." Like it or not, no one in this country is guaranteed any inherent right to never hear or see something they disagree with, even the liberal left.

I don't see how it would make a difference, if he is ethnically Greek.

But, entertaining the idea that he wasn't, Europeans consider Turks, and Arabs to be "white" as well. White comes in shades.

In America, what would they qualify as?
It's all subjective and complicated, isn't it? See, calling Arabs white means they're not a different ethnicity. In the US Arabs are not white, their skin is a darker shade, they are more brown than white or black. You can also argue rightly many black people are in fact brown but ethnically they're African in origin just as European are from Europe. And I know Greece is southern European but ethnically they aren't the same as Northern Europe.

We're not a uniform people. There isn't just black, white, yellow, red and brown skin colors even if that's the very simplistic (and occasionally offensive) view people tend to take.

Well no. St. Nick was real.

He just didn't live on the North Pole, have a sleigh, or flying reindeers.

Being a first-century Jew in appearance, I strongly doubt Jesus was what many consider "white" today...however, he probably wasn't too dark either, like Africans or Arabs.

The core issue of this whole "black Santa" deal is arbitrary offense, fueled by political correctness. Megyn got one thing right in her statement: "Just because it makes you feel uncomfortable, that doesn't mean it has to change." Like it or not, no one in this country is guaranteed any inherent right to never hear or see something they disagree with, even the liberal left.
The Conservative Right on the other hand seems to think they're always right, because it's in their name. :D

But why shouldn't it change? If it makes people feel uncomfortable and there's no reason to keep it the way it is, then why should it change?

Well no. St. Nick was real.

He just didn't live on the North Pole, have a sleigh, or flying reindeers.
so pretty much like jesus. there probably was a guy named jesus. he more then likely didn't do half the **** these idiots think he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"