Teacher Tells Black Student He Can't Be 'White' Santa

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

Avenger
Reaction score
ku-xlarge.jpg

Megyn Kelly may have been joking, but one New Mexico teacher apparently wasn't when he told a black student he couldn't dress up as Santa because "Santa Claus is white."
Cleveland High School students were given permission to dress up as their favorite Christmas character to honor the spirit of the season.
Christopher, a ninth grader from Rio Rancho who also suffers from autism, decided to come to school dressed as Santa much as many of his classmates did.
Enter the school's resident racist Grinch.
"Christopher, don't you know Santa Claus is white? Why are you wearing that?" is what the teacher told the student, according to the teen's stepdad Michael Rougier.
"There's no room for that in the classroom," Rougier told KOB Eyewitness News 4.
The school district agreed.
According to a spokesperson for Rio Rancho Public Schools, the unnamed teacher self-reported the incident to officials after recognizing his "stupid mistake," and has been disciplined "appropriately."
He was also made to apologize to Christopher and his family.
But Rougier believes the damage has already been done, and will only get worse so long as the teacher remains at Cleveland High.
"If it's not for parents like me that's part of interracial families to say, it's time to stop this," said Rougier. "It's time to stop." Christopher has since been removed from the offending teacher's classroom at the family's request.

Here we go again :whatever:

Hopefully this isn't in Florida.

Nope. New Mexico.

My father bought a santa from a garage sale one summer. He only found out it was a black santa around christmas. He didn't even realize it until one of his black neighbours came up and thanked him for being so progressive. He puts it out every year because he thinks its funny and a good story.

I sniped you on this in your teacher hugging thread, sorry DJ. Don't send me to Florida. :waa:

Teelie. YOU ARE BANISHED TO MIAMI! NOW SING!

[YT]gv_sXoT3e30[/YT]

So did he give any of the other students trouble for dressing up like other imaginary characters.

You can't be Frosty the Snowman, you're not really made of snow!

One of Santa's little helpers? You can't be that, they're Elves! You're not an elf!

I'm almost thinking that he was making a joke relating to the Megyn Kelly "Santa is just white" thing recently and he realized it was not very well received by his audience/in poor taste.

Because otherwise it doesn't make any sense. How do you even have a dress up as your favorite fictional character day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"