Your thoughts on old St. Nick

LOL, strip away that innocence before it gets out of hand, huh?

prefer krampus
If me and my friends had ever stopped putting bad stuff into our bodies long enough to learn an instrument, that would have been the name of our band.

Krampus World Tour 1998
"The Christmas Slaughter Begins Early This Year"

terry78 said:
LOL, strip away that innocence before it gets out of hand, huh?
I'd rather my children (if I had any) grow up with the truth of God, who gave us a much greater gift in Jesus Christ than Santa Claus ever could.

I was taught both growing up. We had a nativity set that my mom's uncle made that went up every year, and my sister and I both fully believed in Santa. We lived in the Bronx when I was little and we didn't have a chimney, which I remember being worried about...but my dad told me he could come in through our fire escape. :cwink:

No harm in letting kids both believe in Santa and being taught the Christmas story as well. Even my old Sunday school teacher used to play along with that one when we were small.

I'd rather my children (if I had any) grow up with the truth of God, who gave us a much greater gift in Jesus Christ than Santa Claus ever could.

I pray you have girls if you ever have kids. Preacher's daughters were always the wildest, freakiest chicks I dated in college. :up:

jag

Santa Claus and Jesus actually gave the same gift, regarding Christmas time. The spirit of giving, goodwill towards others, respecting and loving your fellow man, you know, the important stuff.

Just because one is fictional and the other is not (in mine and your eyes, though not in the eyes of others) doesn't make the message of either more or less important or valid.

Santa Claus and Jesus actually gave the same gift, regarding Christmas time. The spirit of giving, goodwill towards others, respecting and loving your fellow man, you know, the important stuff.

Just because one is fictional and the other is not (in mine and your eyes, though not in the eyes of others) doesn't make the message of either more or less important or valid.

Hmmm...both have the same message: "Be good now and you will be rewarded later."

Is Santa "Jesus for kids?" :wow:

Hmmm...both have the same message: "Be good now and you will be rewarded later."

Is Santa "Jesus for kids?" :wow:

:dry:

No, they are entirely different individuals who merely share a message that happens to be the primary theme of their shared time of year.

I do know one girl at my job who basically told her kids at age 5 that there is no Santa, and to tell their little friends as well. :dry: I was like, this ***** is just ruining everyone's childhood because she wants to be a realist. Let the kids have their fun, damn.
This is exactly what I was just talking about in the decency thread.

Why don't you let HER have HER fun, telling people the truth instead of going along with their stupid bull**** lie?

It's perfectly fine for teachers, relatives, strangers on the street, to lie to kids, but if you want to tell kids the truth, so they're informed and living in the world that is fun because it's REAL, then you're the bad guy.

Insanity.

This is exactly what I was just talking about in the decency thread.

Why don't you let HER have HER fun, telling people the truth instead of going along with their stupid bull**** lie?

It's perfectly fine for teachers, relatives, strangers on the street, to lie to kids, but if you want to tell kids the truth, so they're informed and living in the world that is fun because it's REAL, then you're the bad guy.

Insanity.

What's so fun about the real world? What's so wrong about "lying" to children if it gives them a magical view of the world?

The real world IS magical.
The Love your parents have for you, when they work hard and make sacrifices to PURCHASE gifts, just for you, just to see how happy they'll make you, is Magical.

Santa is Bull****.
He doesn't exist. There's nothing there.
If you want to tell fibs to your kids, fine...but some people act like it's some sacred thing that shouldn't be "violated", and that's ridiculous.

I never believed in Santa because even as a little, little kid, I could see how fake the beard was, and I remember, I told my Mom how stupid it was that there were 3 guys dressed up as Santa, all professing to be Santa, all in the Town Square, simultaneously.

If you don't want kids to know the truth, then people should be just as disdainful of all the fake Santas, who totally give away the fact that they're all "imposters".

Kids should be told at the very start that the world is not magical, it is cold and harsh and seeks to destroy them and every day they're alive they are one day closer to death. Have a nice day.:yay:

The real world IS magical.
The Love your parents have for you, when they work hard and make sacrifices to PURCHASE gifts, just for you, just to see how happy they'll make you, is Magical.

Santa is Bull****.
He doesn't exist. There's nothing there.
If you want to tell fibs to your kids, fine...but some people act like it's some sacred thing that shouldn't be "violated", and that's ridiculous.

I never believed in Santa because even as a little, little kid, I could see how fake the beard was, and I remember, I told my Mom how stupid it was that there were 3 guys dressed up as Santa, all professing to be Santa, all in the Town Square, simultaneously.

If you don't want kids to know the truth, then people should be just as disdainful of all the fake Santas, who totally give away the fact that they're all "imposters".

They're not "imposters", they're "Santa's Helpers" because obviously he can't be in two places at the same time.

A child's belief in Santa Claus is something sacred that shouldn't be violated, for many reasons. When I have kids, you can be damn sure I'll be allowing them to believe in Santa Claus. Santa Claus is a symbol of how good and caring the world can be if it wants to be, even though mostly it's not. I see it as a way to bring a little bit more joy and wonder to them, and hey, if some fictional fat man gets the credit for the gifts I worked my ass off to buy, it's worth it to me, because I only want to see them happy. I don't need to get credit where credit's "due", and I know my own parent's feel the same way.

Oh, and another reason that it shouldn't be violated (and this one is a bit more down-to-earth) is that if you tell my kids that Santa Claus doesn't exist before they're ready for it, then you are simply an *******. If you feel so strongly about it, raise your kids that way, and let me raise mine.

Kids should be told at the very start that the world is not magical,
People from a more mundane dimension would think our dimension is a magical fantasy world of wonders.

We're all like Galactus, unimaginably gigantic beings, so colossal that we don't even NOTICE the millions of tiny creatures that live on our own bodies.

We take thousands of pounds of steel and make it fly through the air at the speed of sound, or even faster.

I just saw Mars night before last because it was really close to us.
We have robots on that spec, millions of miles away, doing science for us.

If you rip a lizard's tail off, sometimes it'll grow back.

This world is magical, we're just so stupid, spoiled and "used to it".

They're not "imposters", they're "Santa's Helpers" because obviously he can't be in two places at the same time.
No they're not. They're men who are paid to dress up and claim to be Santa. :dry:

A child's belief in Santa Claus is something sacred that shouldn't be violated, for many reasons.
Insanity.
"entitled to reverence and respect" ??
No, it's just a silly little past time. There is nothing "sacred" about it.
If it is "sacred", then the fact that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father is "scared".
Absurd. :o

When I have kids, you can be damn sure I'll be allowing them to believe in Santa Claus.
You're not "allowing" them to do it, you're actively fooling them into believing it. They wouldn't naturally believe in Santa without all the lies.

Santa Claus is a symbol of how good and caring the world can be if it wants to be, even though mostly it's not. I see it as a way to bring a little bit more joy and wonder to them, and hey, if some fictional fat man gets the credit for the gifts I worked my ass off to buy, it's worth it to me, because I only want to see them happy.
That's also insane. What kid wouldn't be happy that their Mom and Dad love them enough to buy them a fun present.
Why is Santa a symbol of good, so much so that it's supposed to obliterate the REAL good, the token of love from a parent to their child.

This is a case where the truth is SO much more magical and fun than this stupid fantasy.

Oh, and another reason that it shouldn't be violated (and this one is a bit more down-to-earth) is that if you tell my kids that Santa Claus doesn't exist before they're ready for it, then you are simply an *******. If you feel so strongly about it, raise your kids that way, and let me raise mine.
Yeah, because you people are all fascists.
See, it's PERFECTLY fine for you all to deceive my kid, at school, on TV, on the street, at family get-togethers.

What's really important is that YOU have YOUR way...that everyone conform to your vision of the world.

So you all lie to any old kid you want, and, in a bizarre, Dr. Seussian twist of insanity, the people who respect and care about children enough to warn them that their parents are untrustworthy ****ing liars, are "The Bad Guys".

Welcome to Asylum Earth.

^
This is interesting...replace "Santa" with "God" or "Jesus," and you have the same basic argument from any Hype religion thread.

I may be onto something with my "Santa/Jesus" theory...

Most things do. Wil, did you/are you having a good holiday season?

I worked yesterday.
The building engineer forgot I had to work and programmed the heat to go off.
There was no heat.
Nothing was open so I had candy and diet coke for breakfast.
In 8 hours, all I did that was useful was, I got a turkey out of a refrigerator for a lady, and I unlocked a door for a dude.
Other than that, 8 hours, waiting for someone to say something on the Hype or at Lesbian Slumber Party.

The best part was, I was given thousands of dollars by millionaires, and, my family finally understands that I seriously am against Christmas because no one called me this year.
Usually they call me and I have to sit through their Merry Holiday crap.
So that was nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"