Sequels Fox Shared Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want the Fantastic Four. You got that with the first two films and they weren't good. Why try the same thing over? Why not try something different with the property? What's wrong with going in a different direction if the first one didn't do so well?

You're making the same mistake Fox is making. The first films were awful, so the problem must be with the source material. That clearly being the case, we must make the reboot even less like the classic Fantastic Four than the Story films.

The problem with the Story films was that they were awful, not the source material from which they were adapted. And when "going in a different direction" means making Marvel's First Family unrecognizable, why bother?

I understand the business implications of Fox clinging to character rights that have proven time and again they have no idea what to do with, but I don't have to like it.

I've got another reason. It's a little out there, so be sure you're sitting down before you read it. Ready?

We are FF fans.

There are actually some people out there, myself included, who are huge fans of the Fantastic Four. It's true! The World's Greatest Comic Magazine was the first comic I would grab during my weekly browsing through the spinner rack, and I have been waiting a long time for a well made film based on my favorite Marvel characters. Instead we've been saddled with the Corman version, two awful Story films and the cheap rights grab commonly known as FFINO.

We don't want a "contemporary reimagining" that bears no resemblance to the classic source material. We don't want twenty-something Reed, his tiny buddy Ben, their bloggin' pal Domashev, their African American chum Johnny and his adopted sister Sue. We don't want plodding rock monsters, vents and springs. We want the Fantastic Four, and it's a disgrace that in the golden age of comic book movies we are not getting it.

I don't understand how anyone who has spent significant time on SHH thinks the nu Fantastic Four backlash is unique. The Raimi vs Webb flamewar had been even more intense, resulting in a lot posters and the topic itself being banned. Fans have never needed ulterior motives to be passionate about interpretations of their favorite characters.

Last edited:
It's true, guys. I am, in fact, Walt Disney. That whole thing about my head being cryogenically frozen? Yeah, it's true. I hang out on Bob Iger's desk and dictate what I want him to type for me on forums. Go see Tomorrowland everybody, and remember to take your family on a Disney cruise this summer!

:whatever:

I don't think they're stressin', they're obsessin'...

For anyone to be that persistently fixated on this sort of stuff suggests a campaign.

Anyone going on and on with such negativity and passive-aggressive sniping about F4 and Fox and rights reversions THAT MUCH clearly has a vested interest. These people must be connected to Marvel/Disney in some way. They won't convince me otherwise, they're just going on a bit too much for it to be anything else.

It can't just be insane fanboyism. I see that on social media and it's very different. Loads of people on Facebook have mental health issues that make them manic and obsessive and OTT and their behaviour is soon very obvious. What's happening here has a very different undercurrent.

They may as well just wait for the movie to come out and see what happens. If F4 goes back to Marvel, so be it... as it may well mean TV or merchandising rights for X-Men in return.

Oh man, the irony.
We're big fans of the material who despise how this reboot is shaping up. Is that so tough to understand? Because we feel so adamantly opposed to it, we must be working for a rival company?
That all makes a whole lot more sense to me than defending the property based only on the fact that you like some other movies in another franchise made by other film makers under the same studio. It makes no sense to defend the movie based on those criteria, I get that you like the X-men but why does that automatically mean you're rooting for the FFINO? That's a completely separate production with a completely different creative team, they have absolutely nothing in common with the X-men save for Simon Kinberg. So unless this board is full of Simin Kinberg fans I think the blind optimism is much stranger than the negativity.

so anyone who has Intrest in reboot know nothing about FF:whatever:

That is BS.But i expect that from those who are quick to dismiss anyone who doesn't drink Fox is evil and disney/marvel is great as Fox paid hack or blind Fox fanboys which i have been called both.

For starters why post in sections of X-Men when people like zarek and flinkmarko have nothing postive to say on films.You don't see me in MCU films and TV posting negative comments on age of ultron and agents of shield which i could be doing.

fact every studio makes changes.Avengers films makes plenty of differences from avengers comics i have just as X-Men films have difference

once again the FF reboot is based on ultimate FF.I can't bash ultimate line anymore since i consider amazing spider-man best spider-man film.You may not like ultimate FF anymore than i like the ultimates but it's just as valid for Fox to use ultimate line as it is marvel.

reaction to various changes for ant-man prove people would accept FF is made by marvel studios.It's all about studio wars.some will defend marvel's crappy treatment of X-Men and FF because they don't have film rights.

I have maintained i still consider X2 to be best X-Men film and I place Captain America the winter Soldier as better film than first class and the wolverine.I commented in tv section if Fox isn't prepared to pay Harry Shearer they should just end the simpsons.I critzed the erasing of non-FC X-Men films.It's no secret of my dislike for last stand.The only show i watch on Fox is gotham+simpsons.I probally will drop simpsons if half the characters start sounding different.I will watch X-files revival but that's it.I call Rupert murdock and Fox news the devil.I said they should let 24 go if kiefer sutherland doesn't want to do it.if i am being paid by Fox i certinly am not being good employee:cwink:

I want to see FF because the trailers look good.

Fox has gotten on my good side with the DVD of rogue cut of DOFP has virtully all special features the blu-ray will have.But,if FF and upcoming X films don't go well with me if you think i won't let it be known your crazy.Unlike some i would rather hugh Jackman's final wolverine be a full X-Men film.He came in with full X-Men film he should go out with full X-Men film.Truthfully the idea of old man logan adaptan even loose doesn't excite me.If in Apocalypse nicholas hoult is seen as beast about as much as he was in DOFP i won't be happy.

I finally listen to some X-Men films fans and ignored those who always want X-Men and FF to fail and watched GOTG.I thought while watching it i may not know anything about these characters but this is pretty good.

I think the blind optimism is much stranger than the negativity.

Lol... The "blind" optimism comes from the very talented cast, the talented director (despite how he does things) and a good trailer... You know, the traditional things that make you optimistic about a film.

Lol... The "blind" optimism comes from the very talented cast, the talented director (despite how he does things) and a good trailer... You know, the traditional things that make you optimistic about a film.

Josh Trank is NOT a positive. Have you seen the news on what happened with him? It's possible the film could turn out better than it looks, but that would be because of people like Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker, not Trank.

Yeah, that's why I said 'despite how he does things'. But based on Chronicle, he does have talent. It's probably just conjecture but the source that gave the Hollywood Reporter the report about all the attitude problems and damaged caused also said Fox execs were very happy with the final product.

I think this film will turn out better than Gambit.

Serious question.... should Fox/Marvel go with Invisible Girl or Invisible Woman for Sue?

people sure love to forget that after Chronicle trank was very much in demand.

Fact he directed film with 85% fresh on RT should say something on his talent.

If come july and he is doing interviews for FF that is saying something.fired directors rarely do interviews for films.Remember Kevin Reynolds for waterworld.

Having classic cosmic villains in the MCU wouldn't be good. I'd hate to see Super Skrull defeated by the power of singing and holding hands.

Thank goodness Skrulls have always been defeated in badass, gritty ways.

Skrull_Cows_%28Earth-616%29_001.jpg

Having classic cosmic villains in the MCU wouldn't be good. I'd hate to see Super Skrull defeated by the power of singing and holding hands.

I see now we're bashing the best reviewed and most financially successful CBM of 2014.

DOFP and GOTG are both at 91% ar RT,and DOFP did better with top critics.again dismissing DOFP i see.

I see now we're bashing the best reviewed and most financially successful CBM of 2014.

Nothing I said was untrue. Did they not dance/sing/hold hands to beat the new most powerful being in the Universe?

Last edited:
You're making the same mistake Fox is making. The first films were awful, so the problem must be with the source material. That clearly being the case, we must make the reboot even less like the classic Fantastic Four than the Story films.

The problem with the Story films was that they were awful, not the source material from which they were adapted. And when "going in a different direction" means making Marvel's First Family unrecognizable, why bother?

I understand the business implications of Fox clinging to character rights that have proven time and again they have no idea what to do with, but I don't have to like it.

I didn't say there was a problem with the source material. All I was saying is that one way was tried and it didn't work all that well. Let's go with another way. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Nothing I said was untrue. Did they not dance/sing/hold hands to beat the new most powerful being in the Universe?

They also defeated him by harnessing the power of an Infinity Stone, which is basically exactly what cosmic Marvel fans want in a film that's also building up the stones...

They also defeated him by harnessing the power of an Infinity Stone, which is basically exactly what cosmic Marvel fans want in a film that's also building up the stones...

Infinity Stones have been in almost everyone of those Movies. Don't remember any dancing singing and holding hands in the final battle

I didn't say there was a problem with the source material. All I was saying is that one way was tried and it didn't work all that well. Let's go with another way. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Except your premise isn't true. One of the biggest problems with the Story Fantastic Four films was their LACK of respect to the source material. In particular, Reed, Sue, Doom, and Galactus might as well be completely different characters. This was a major problem that helped sink the Story films. So to say it was tried already isn't true at all.

Infinity Stones have been in almost everyone of those Movies. Don't remember any dancing singing and holding hands in the final battle

Ultron sang, and technically there was a form of hand holding in Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier...

Remember when there was talk of trouble during production of the first World War Z movie? How it went over-budget and had to do a lot of reshoots and the studio was not happy? How it was gonna bomb?

Wait what movie was I talking about again?
World War Z yeah I remember that. It did well though eh I did not like the film.

Such a dick move of a movie title. Age of Apocalypse > Age of Ultron.

Yeah, **** them for using that name. Why, that's FAR worse than replacing a character you've already cast with Quicksilver months after Joss Whedon decided to use him!

Bryan Singer mentioned wanting to use quicksilver back in 2011.

I see wanting to continue the baseless charge than Singer only used quicksilver
In DOFP because AOU did even though singer delivered the best Quicksilver and he is actully being used again in Apocalypse.

If marvel can act like jerks to X-Men why can't singer use character he has every right to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"