Sequels FOX Shared Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch have been mutants since the 60s. X-Men should have mutants in it I would hope.

I thought i would share this here where it would be less of arguement.

FF full trailer-likes-34,158 dislikes-5,102 from youtube.

This challenges notion only a few X-Men film fans want to see FF

Since this is thread for X-Men/FF shared universe it's on topic.

Having read that Michael Jordan went online after being cast I feel sorry he has had to read some of these comments directed at him.

Except your premise isn't true. One of the biggest problems with the Story Fantastic Four films was their LACK of respect to the source material. In particular, Reed, Sue, Doom, and Galactus might as well be completely different characters. This was a major problem that helped sink the Story films. So to say it was tried already isn't true at all.

I was talking about the tone as well. Those first two films went for the light-hearted touch with some comedy in there and it didn't work.

I won't defend the sequel though. Everything about that was a mess.

3678492-0025376587-F4_2..gif

Lol... The "blind" optimism comes from the very talented cast, the talented director (despite how he does things) and a good trailer... You know, the traditional things that make you optimistic about a film.

The blind optimism has been persistent and unwavering since before there was a trailer. Back when the bad press was the only thing to talk about, there were just as many people defending this as there are now. Hell we have people here admit that even if the first outing is terrible they hope it gets a sequel. Again, that loyalty to a property that we haven't even seen yet is stranger than hating something based on how different it is from the source material.

So the same conversations that happen in the horrid Fantastic Four Reborn thread are starting to spread to the X-boards now? This thread should be about how Fox movies can cross over. So if you feel compelled to see this happen you are more likely to be optimistic about Fantastic Four. But no, that conversation can't happen because being a "blind optimist" (how do you qualify such a label again?) is such a terrible thing.

Who else wants to see a Colossus vs Thing fight one day?!?!

Seeing movie Ben smoking would be an interesting sight lol.

I want Wolverine and Thing to smoke cigars and playing poker

On the off chance that Fox' contract even allows a crossover, they'll have to find a new Wolverine.Jackman's done before any crossover can happen.

WOlverine will be recast at some point.

Fox got film rights to deadpool after they got X_Men yet had deadpool in origins and have colossus and X-Men related characters in Deadpool.

The crossover is happening.Kinberg's deal with fox involved building up a shared X-Men/FF universe.The sony hacks mention kinberg planning it.

The official seeds for the crossover will be planted in August during DOOM's N-Zone scene.

WOlverine will be recast at some point.

Fox got film rights to deadpool after they got X_Men yet had deadpool in origins and have colossus and X-Men related characters in Deadpool.

The crossover is happening.Kinberg's deal with fox involved building up a shared X-Men/FF universe.The sony hacks mention kinberg planning it.

Deadpool seems to have been merged into the X-Men contract, though. The same thing happened with Silver Surfer and FF. The Surfer was initially not a part of the FF rights.

As for Kinberg confirming anything, it's been pointed out multiple times that he also confirmed that Fox has the television rights only to find out that any show needs Marvel permission to happen. We can't actually say it will definitely happen based on his word when that has already proven questionable.

You've also got to look at the financial aspect of this. Let's say that they CAN cross these franchises over. Their Fantastic Four package gives Marvel a larger cut than the X-Men package does. In all likelihood, anything "Fantastic Four", crossover or otherwise, would require giving Marvel the Fantastic Four deal money, not X-Men. Therefore, any film utilizing characters from the Fantastic Four would make less profit off of the same box office as an X-film. It's entirely possible Fox would literally be losing millions of dollars by doing a FF/X-Men crossover when they could instead stick to the X-Men package. It could very well make more sense to do an X-Men/New Mutants crossover, as those are from the same deal.

So the same conversations that happen in the horrid Fantastic Four Reborn thread are starting to spread to the X-boards now? This thread should be about how Fox movies can cross over. So if you feel compelled to see this happen you are more likely to be optimistic about Fantastic Four. But no, that conversation can't happen because being a "blind optimist" (how do you qualify such a label again?) is such a terrible thing.

Who else wants to see a Colossus vs Thing fight one day?!?!

The "blind optimists" are the people who insisted for months and months that everything was going great behind closed doors at Fox despite the complete radio silence from the studio and numerous rumors that said otherwise. These same people abandoned the FF threads once their claims were proven wrong and are now clamoring for a crossover between the X-men and a property we haven't even seen yet that is surrounded with bad buzz.

Mako, I don't care about any of that. This is all hypothetical fun. That people like you have some sort of vendetta against that you have chase down people who want to talk about this stuff into the X-boards.
The official seeds for the crossover will be planted in August during DOOM's N-Zone scene.
In Secret Wars in the comics right now Doom has combined bits and pieces of the multiverse together. I could be cool if the movies turned him into a big threat against the multiverse itself.

DOOM most likely will join up with Magneto first also. Top 2 Marvel villains need to click up its only right

You know what would be an awesome fight? Thing versus Hulk. Or Torch versus Namor. Or Reed versus Medusa. Or Sue versus Sandman. Or Doom versus Strange. It's a shame Fox doesn't seem interested in working with a studio that's managed to work with two other studios with character licencses to date.

DOOM: You've opened a door you don't know how to close. You don't know anything about what's coming.

Mr. Fantastic: What is coming?

DOOM: The Apocalypse

Thing versus Hulk. Or Torch versus Namor. Or Reed versus Medusa. Or Sue versus Sandman. Or Doom versus Strange.

Invisible Woman vs Storm/Marvel Girl/Psylocke >

DOOM vs Magneto >

Human Torch vs Storm/Iceman >

Thing vs Wolverine/Juggernaut/Colossus >

Mr. Fantastic vs Cyclops >

Silver Surfer vs Gladiator/Super Skrull >

X-Men/Fantastic Four vs The Heralds & Galactus >

Last edited:
Wanting all of your toys to yourself is the problem with a few people here. More interested in competition than cooperation. Meanwhile, Spider-Man fans get to have a Sony backed franchise still (yes, Amazing ended, but it's now obvious it was going to end regardless of any deal), Spidey gets to chill with the Avengers, and we even get an out of continuity animated film that doesn't have to worry about Disney's schedule or the MCU. You could wish for cooperation and still get your New Mutants and your Deadpool, but maybe you'd also get Taskmaster in a future Deadpool or a Secret Wars movie with a full Marvel Cinematic Universe. To borrow an abbreviation I regularly see on the interwebs, smh.

It's obvious Kinberg's Tv talk came because fox was talking to marvel about tv show and it's obvious nothing has come to it because it's not happening.

why should fox work with marvel which has been doing everything possable to hurt both X-Men and FF.

The idea Fox is just the devil and marvel is angel is crazy idea.

Nobody is using namor since universal has film rights.

Since i hate idea of spider-man in avengers the new deal doesn't excite me at all.

Besides Spider-man has to deal with Rothman now and X-Men and FF don't:cwink:

The X-Men want to fight the Avengers. Marvel doesn't want to fight. The X-Men will beat The Avengers in a fight (A fun debate).

[YT]WItWE2aeJ1E[/YT]
[YT]_isCeN2psF4[/YT]

The idea that Marvel is the problem when they've worked with both Universal and Sony is kinda odd. They can work with Universal, they can work with Sony, but they can't work with Fox? What's the issue, if not something on Fox' end? It took a few years to get Sony to agree to a deal, sure, but it's fairly well known that the main issue was Avi Arad. I'm not saying Marvel is an angel or anything. I'm just saying it's weird to think that they're somehow the problem when they've done these deals before.

marvel has been doing everything possable to hurt X-Men and FF.

marvel won't make another hulk solo film since universal would distribute it
because of deal made.

Sony is in such bad shape first unlike fox they gave away all share to merchandize and then they went on bended knee to marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"