Transformers The Official Voice Casting Thread

Who should play who:

Megatron, Soundwave, Rumble, Ravage, Laserbeak: Frank Welker
Shockwave: Corey Burton
Starscream: Scott McNeil(Voiced Dinobot and Rattrap on Beast Wars, and Cobra Commander on the 4th season of GI Joe) or Michael Dobson(Current Starscream/Cobra Commander voice actor)
Optimus Prime: Peter Cullen
Ratchet: Gary Sinise
Jazz: Phil LaMarr
Bumblebee: I like the Michael Rosenbaum idea.

Some good and interesting choices there Oerwinde. Though I would go with the voice of Terrosaur from Beast Wars as Starscream. He did play Starscream when he showed up in the series.

If they can't get Peter Cullen, my choice for Optimus would be Gary Chalk. If you think about it guys, Chalk has been the voice of Optimus prime for over a decade. He's voiced the character more and a lot longer than Peter Cullen did. He did a good job too.

My reasoning is, casting movie stars as the transformers is silly and pointless. People are NOT going to see this movie because they have big stars voicing giant robots.

But remember this is Dreamworks, so they are probably going to want to get a huge celebrity voice cast just like Shark Tale and Sinbad.

I'm with you when it comes to Optimus Prime and Megatron. Cullen and Welker have the best voices for those two characters. As for David Kaye and Gary Chalk, I would like to see Chalk as Ironhide and Kaye as Shockwave just for this movie.

The Question said:
Optimus Prime: George Newbern
Bumblebee: Micheal Rosenbaum
Mirage: George Eads
Sound Wave: Cory Burton
Megatron: Clancy Brown
Star Scream: Mark Hamill

this is all mighty stuff right here people. Wish upon a star...

I honestly think it would be an insult to not at least offer it to the original VA's. They're alive and well, still doing work. If they're not interested, then go with other people.

If it's not Frank Welker, it's not voice acting. And nobody but Cullen can play Optimus Prime.

Man, if they don't get Peter Cullen to voice Optimus Prime for this movie I'm gonna be VERY upset...
:mad:

I'm bringing this thread back to have something to talk about. Cullen being cast would rejuvenate this production as far as fans are concerned and boost its popularity way up. It would for me at least. I wish there were a way to contact Cullen to get his thoughts on the movie so far.

Let's just hope that Cullen's voice has not changed much in the last 15-20 years.

WalkingDead said:
Chris Latta is DEAD...he died in 1994 from a drug-induced Heart Attack.
Sorry Won't Happen no matter how Much we Want it.

Aw MAN! How did I miss that? He was soooooo good.:(

They may as well just sign on Frank Welker now, unless they want someone that won't play it too campy, even if he is the original. Now Andy Serkis needs to be auditioned for Starscream at least once. He has to be.

Mal'Akai said:
Let's just hope that Cullen's voice has not changed much in the last 15-20 years.

Hasn't. I saw a recent interveiw with him. He said the line "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost" in Optimus' voice. Sounded exactly the same.

I say Mark Hamill as Starscream, he does a great Psychopath voice when he was the Joker in The Batman Beyond movie so I say he will work.

Ok, here's where we can talk about possible casting for Jazz and any of the others. Speculate away...

If Jazz's ethnicity is to remain true to G1 then maybe Jaime Foxx. He is too high profile for this small of a role though. But he is a cool dude who would not play the role over the top.

Oerwinde suggested Phil Lamarr. I could see this...he is an accomplished thespian who would be able to adapt to this role.

nosebleed said:
Ok, here's where we can talk about possible casting for Jazz and any of the others. Speculate away...

If Jazz's ethnicity is to remain true to G1 then maybe Jaime Foxx. He is too high profile for this small of a role though. But he is a cool dude who would not play the role over the top.

Oerwinde suggested Phil Lamarr. I could see this...he is an accomplished thespian who would be able to adapt to this role.

I've always liked Steve Harvey for the role. IMO he's got that same cool-cat nightclub lounge accent that Scatman Crothers had.
But as long as it ain't over-the-top- like Chris Tucker or something- I'm cool with almost anyone.

Not sure if he's dead or alive but Buster Jones (who did the voice for G1 TF Blaster) could also do the voice of Jazz.....

christopher lee
and kiefer sutherland have to be someone....lol :D

I was kind of thinking Frank Langella as Megatron

CFlash said:
I've always liked Steve Harvey for the role. IMO he's got that same cool-cat nightclub lounge accent that Scatman Crothers had.
But as long as it ain't over-the-top- like Chris Tucker or something- I'm cool with almost anyone.
Chris Tucker's to squeeky. Maybe he could be Wheelie.

xwolverine2 said:
christopher lee
and kiefer sutherland have to be someone....lol :D
Kiefer for... Ironhide!
Ironhide: Megatron!! Here and now you WILL face justice!!

Mal'Akai said:
Kiefer for... Ironhide!
Ironhide: Megatron!! Here and now you WILL face justice!!
"If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt. "

"The only reason that you're conscious right now is because I don't want to carry you. "

"When I'm finished with you, you're gonna wish that you felt this good again."

wise words......from a wise man.......with an awesome voice.......and an awesome voice:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"