From Cudmore: SOME CONFIRMATION ON THE COLOSSUS vs. JUGGERNAUT FIGHT

Robin91939

Master Tim
Reaction score
I messaged Daniel Cudmore on his myspace account. The acount is supposed to be legit, but it could be anyone. I'm going to believe it, because of all people to pretend to be....Daniel Cudmore? SO, I'm going to bet that this is the genuine article. Anyway, I asked him about the alleged Colossus/Juggernaut fight that was supposed to be in X3. And posted the description given by the poster "THE ONES" from the HYPE!
The Ones said:
Hi, heres the details of the Collosus vs Jug's scene:

Juggernaut: Im the Wrong guy to play hide and seek with

Kitty: Who's hiding you dick?

Collosus (off screen): Oy, Muscle bag's. *collosus comes into frame and metals up* How about picking on someone your own size

Juggernaut: Ive been waiting for that all my life.

Juggernaut runs into collosus. Collosus stands there, hoping to stop him but goes flying. Jugg's charges but Collosus gets up and smacks him in the chest. Juggernaut grab's Collosus and throws him into the cieling, a large dent forms but Collosus is repelled back down. Collosus hits him twice in the face and makes Jugg's helmet go wrong. Jugg's is now furious and propels Collosus into the direction of leech. Collosus dearmours and he looks confused. He spots leech with a sad expression on his face, almost saying sorry without words. Collosus smiles and taunts Juggernaut. Juggernaut gets his helmet right and charges, he staggers as he gets closer and look's worried. Collosus delivers one knock out punch to Jugg's face.

Collosus (muttering): Who's unstopable now

Here is his response:

"Well thanx a lot for the support! i just tried to do the character some justice, and as for the fight scene with juggy, looks like someone has been doing their homework!There was that scene written but it never got shot due to time or budget!" -Daniel Cudmore

Take it as you will.

-R

So The Ones lied. :(

He didn't try hard enough. But I can't fault him, I fault the film for making Colossus nothing more than a Wolverine springboard.

Yeah, I think what he said about trying to do the character justice, was when I thanked him for:

"I heard in an interview you said that you had had a Russian accent prepared and were ready to use it in X3, and even in X2, but didn't due to Mr. Singer's descretion. I just thought that was very cool of you to have read back on your character like that, and to have respected him enough to do something about it."

-R

Never got shot, eh?...Hmmmm...

It sounds like something that probably happened...

-TNC

Stupid schedules! :(

I blame Fox.

Damn them for having to release this on May 25! :o

Massive missed opportunity. :(

"There was that scene written but it never got shot due to time or budget!"

Well aint that a F'in suprise.

Rothman: "Okay, we MUST get this movie released before Superman Returns. Bring me the list of scenes! Juean fighting--"
Assistant: "Eerm...sir?"
Rothman: "What? Do not interrupt me!"
Assistant: "Jean."
Rothman: "What?"
Assistant: "It's Jean, O Great Rothman. Not Juean, sir."
Rothman: "Jean fighting Xavier is in. Kitty versus Juggernaut is in. Juggernaut's internet line is in. Out. Out. That's out, too. That's in. Out. Ou--"
Assistant: "Sir..."
Rothman: "What is it now, foo'?"
Assistant: "It's Juggernaut versus Colossus, sir. Fans will want to see that in the movie, sir."
Rothman: "**** the fans. Too much time and money. Let's move on."

:mad:

Gah!!

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Rothman: "Okay, we MUST get this movie released before Superman Returns. Bring me the list of scenes! Juean fighting--"
Assistant: "Eerm...sir?"
Rothman: "What? Do not interrupt me!"
Assistant: "Jean."
Rothman: "What?"
Assistant: "It's Jean, O Great Rothman. Not Juean, sir."
Rothman: "Jean fighting Xavier is in. Kitty versus Juggernaut is in. Juggernaut's internet line is in. Out. Out. That's out, too. That's in. Out. Ou--"
Assistant: "Sir..."
Rothman: "What is it now, foo'?"
Assistant: "It's Juggernaut versus Colossus, sir. Fans will want to see that in the movie, sir."
Rothman: "**** the fans. Too much time and money. Let's move on."

:mad:

Gah!!

Lex was that scene in your avatar with colossus bashing some guy.. in the movie? i cant recall if it was. i was just wondering, i didnt know where to ask.

Spidey 2007 said:
Lex was that scene in your avatar with colossus bashing some guy.. in the movie? i cant recall if it was. i was just wondering, i didnt know where to ask.
Yeah it was. When he jumps off the X-Jet, I think.

Time and budget is a very real concern, whether a film is rushed or not. Especially budget.

While I can see how it could work, I'm not real keen on Colossus showing up inside the complex. I would rather have seen Colossus fighting Juggernaut outside, defending the complex from Juggernaut going after Leech. And then, once Piotr fell in battle, Kitty could take over and go after Leech herself.

Too many flying characters, and too much conflict with Juggs/Colossus and Leech (seeing that Colossus wouldn't have been able to metal up, or be there when he had to fling Wolverine at Magneto).
All in all:

smellslikebullsht5it.jpg

Spidey 2007 said:
Yeah, it was in the movie.

And also, it was released online during the showing of X2 last week by hblimage (I think).

Colossus served no purpose at all in the movie.

X-men 2 told us a lot more about his character and he even had more lines.

X-men 3, one line and ZERO character development.

In X-men 2 they show that Peter is an artist and he likes to draw.

Oh well, MORE ACTION! ADD FRENETIC PACE! Who cares?

The Guard said:
Time and budget is a very real concern, whether a film is rushed or not. Especially budget.

While I can see how it could work, I'm not real keen on Colossus showing up inside the complex. I would rather have seen Colossus fighting Juggernaut outside, defending the complex from Juggernaut going after Leech. And then, once Piotr fell in battle, Kitty could take over and go after Leech herself.

generally dont disagree with that: Whilst as a whole, i didnt think the movie was much more than good (which is the most disappoiting thing of all), the kitty/juggernaut race worked well

TheVileOne said:
Colossus served no purpose at all in the movie.

X-men 2 told us a lot more about his character and he even had more lines.

X-men 3, one line and ZERO character development.

In X-men 2 they show that Peter is an artist and he likes to draw.

Oh well, MORE ACTION! ADD FRENETIC PACE! Who cares?
drawing a little cartoon of bobby and rogue, doesnt make him an artist... just shows he sketches cartoons sometimes

logansoldcigar said:
generally dont disagree with that: Whilst as a whole, i didnt think the movie was much more than good (which is the most disappoiting thing of all), the kitty/juggernaut race worked well
agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"