"From The Pages Of..." Comics Universe RPG: Season I Signup/OOC Thread

Yes, I know that's a bit of a tease for that post, but I want to make sure this fight gets its due.

EDIT: Hey Eddie...where are your Optimus posts! I want some giant robots dang it!

Last edited:
I've lost steam with the Gunslinger. I'm dropping Roland for another type of gunslinger.

From The Pages Of... RPG APPLICATION

Screen Name: Byrd Man

Character you'd like to portray: SFPD Inspector Harold Francis "Dirty Harry" Callahan

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: Callahan has a keen detective mind and the best shot in the SFPD. Also, he has the superpower of pure badassness.

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): Apparently, IDW did a one-shot comic with Dirty Harry in the mid-90's.

Fictional history of the character (as you're going to interpret it):

Harry Callahan is a legend in the SFPD. He stopped the serial killer Scorpio, the gang of motorcyle cops who took the law into their own hands, a terrorist group that kidnapped the mayor, and killed dozens of men in the line of duty.

Two years after the events of Sudden Impact, Harry is still working for the SFPD, solving cases and doing police work after all the men and women he started with have long since retried.

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?: Hero, but closer to WTL.

List a few reasons why you chose this character: Clint Eastwood is one of my favorite actos, Dirty Harry is one of my favorite characters, and I enjoy all the movies....even The Enforcer.

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG: A decent RPer who's had over 4 years experience on these boards.

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: Much as possible.

Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length:

San Francisco

I walk up the hill facing the bay. Fog is rolling in off the water. My new partner, I don't even like to remember their names anymore, comes up from behind.

"The hill isn't too steep is it, sir?"

"It's fine," I grumble back.

A uniformed officer is waiting at the top of the hill. "Callahan. I thought you were on vacation."

"I talked to Stittlemeyer. I start my vacation next week. What do we got?"

I follow the uniform over to a blue tarp. He pulls it back and I scowl. It's the body of a young girl, or what's left of it. The body has been cut in half down the waistline, and the hands have been chopped off and laid to the side.

"I recognize this cutwork."

"You do?" My partner asks. "Where?"

"In the crime reports Miami Metro faxes out all over the country."

I lean down to get a better look at the body.

"This is the work of the Ice Truck Killer."

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype boards?:

Harry_Callahan.jpg

What do you think?

Holy crap yes. Yes. A thousand times yes.

APPROVED.

All though I am a bit pissed you dropped Gunslinger. I had some things forming in my mind. No matter though, I can do them without you.

You did it. You actually did it. You magnificent bastard.

How the bad place did you find the book?

Also, Harry and Monk teaming up with Dexter makes me feel funny in my pants.

I searched long and hard to find that piece of info.

But as to the first arc, I think it might be interesting if Trinity makes a stop in San Francisco.

Oh ****. Did Randal Flagg just pull over the Winchesters? :wow:

Nope. I just can't remember if you were Flagg when he tortured Bobby, or if it was someone else.

No posts

More than 30 days without a post
Eddie Brock - Optimus Prime - 7/04

More than 21 days without a post
Question - The Master - 7/15

More than 14 days without a post
wiegeabo - Chuck Bartowski - 7/19
Byrd Man - Hannibal Smith - 7/19

More than 10 days without a post

On the Chopping Block
Optimus Prime

Removed from roster

Speaking of which...where the bad place did Keyser go?

He's on Death Row. Apparently, DNA evidence was able to tie him to all those murders.

Damn. We all knew they'd catch him eventually. They always do...

Wow.
2ivi8fp.jpg

It's time to whip all you pansies back into shape!

No posts

wiegeabo - Chuck Bartowski - 7/19
Byrd Man - Hannibal Smith - 7/19
Eddie Brock - Optimus Prime - 7/04
Question - The Master - 7/15

wiegeabo - Dean Winchester - 8/02
Catman_prb - Harry Dresden - 8/05
Carnage27 - Leonardo - 8/02
Byrd Man - Sherlock Holmes - 8/05
Catman_prb - The Doctor - 8/05
Carnage 27 - V - 8/05
Catman_prb - Randal Flagg - 8/06

Carnage27 - Dracula - 8/12

On the Chopping Block
Chuck Bartowski
Hannibal Smith
Optimus Prime
The Master

Removed from roster

From The Pages Of... RPG APPLICATION

Screen Name: J'adore

Character you'd like to portray: Paige Matthews

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest:
Aside from the basic powers of a magical witch, such as spellcasting, scrying & potion making, Paige possesses the gifts of:
Orbing
Telekinetic orbing
Healing
Glamouring
Sensing
Cloaking
Hovering
Omnilingualism
Light Manipulation
Telempathic connection with charges
Enhanced power due to the Power of Three bond. High Resistance when in unity.

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): Charmed Comics, published by Zenescope.

Fictional history of the character (as you're going to interpret it):

Paige Matthews was the fourth daughter of Patricia Halliwell, a good witch who lived in San Francisco. Unlike the first three daughters Patty had with her mortal husband Victor Bennett, Paige was fathered by Patty's guardian angel, a whitelighter named Sam Wilder. Victor had left Patty and their children and never knew of Paige. On August 2, 1977 Patty and Sam left the newborn baby to a nun named Sister Agnes at a local church, fearing repercussions if the forbidden affair between a witch and a Whitelighter was ever discovered. They left the baby girl with a blanket and asked that her name start with a P, like all women of her immediate family.

The girl was named Paige, and adopted by the Matthews family. In her teen years, Paige was rebellious; staying out all night, partying with friends, skipping classes, talking back to her parents. One night, the three of them were in the car driving home, when they were involved in a car crash. Her adopted parents died, but she unknowingly saved herself from that accident by orbing out of the car. Not knowing what happened or how she survived, Paige took it hard and did a huge turn around. She stopped drinking and started to do well in school.

In 2000 Paige started to go to the club called P3, on and off again, because it was owned by Piper Halliwell, and because she felt like she belonged with the Halliwell sisters. One year later, when Prue died, she felt "magically" drawn to the funeral. While giving respect for Prue, Paige talked to Phoebe (her older sister). They shook hands, giving Phoebe a premonition of Shax (the demon that killed Prue) killing Paige; thus she, the third sister that would reunite the Charmed circle, was Piper and Phoebe's innocent.

Paige was approached by Piper and Phoebe, who told her that, like Prue, she had the power to move objects with her mind: Telekinesis. Skeptical, Paige tried to move a candle by waving her hand at it, and failed. While saying that she must not be one of them if she could not make a "candle" move, she gestured at it again, and the candle disappeared from its stand and reappeared in her hand. Paige soon learned she could orb objects by calling for them verbally, because of her Whitelighter genes. She was then approached by a Source-possessed Shane, claiming someone was after him. She left with him, fleeing the sisters. The Source of All Evil then took Paige back to Shane's place where he tempted her to use her powers to hurt a man who she thought was abusing his child.

Later at work Paige tried killing the father by calling for his heart, but Phoebe and Piper were able to stop her and Leo orbed her to the Halliwell home. It was then discovered that the man was innocent and it was his wife who was abusing the child. The Source of All Evil then dealt a mortal blow to Cole, leaving him to die slowly. Back at the manor Paige threw a fit, and The Source attacked them. The Source tried to tempt her into evil by taking the forms of those she has helped at work, including the abused boy. However, when the "boy" blasted Phoebe with electricity, Paige flung him aside, sealing her ties to good just as midnight struck. The Source then boasted of killing Cole and tried to kill a police inspector who was spying on the sisters, but the inspector was saved by the healing powers of Leo Wyatt. The sisters and Leo then found Cole and were able to use the combined powers of Leo and Paige to heal him. Paige then reconciled with her sisters, but Shane, having jumbled memories of his possession, left Paige. Phoebe and Piper then took her back to their home and used a spell to summon the spirit of Patricia Halliwell to reunite the long separated mother and daughter.

After four years of being a Charmed One, her and her sisters finally fought the 'Ultimate Battle' and were successful. Now, a year on, Paige is married and has two twins of her own - Pandora and Patricia.

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?: Hero

List a few reasons why you chose this character:
I love Charmed and the comics and I think Paige is certainly the coolest. She has the most abilities, has the most connections and is also an individual herself.

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG: I can bring a player who express a character's emotions through written work when the character themself is usually portrayed in live action, acted out by someone. I can also create new stories and new characteristics for Paige that have not been done before.

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: Depends on the current arc's movement.

Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length:

"Come on, take my hand, quickly!" Paige speaks fast, looking over at the dazed Darklighter in the corner of her eye. She stretched out her pale hand, the blonde woman on the floor grabbing it in a state of panic. Pulling the blonde woman up to her two feet, Paige pushed her to the side as she watched the dazed Darklighter stand on his two feet once again. The Darklighter growled, raising his crossbow at the sight of Paige.

"Foolish, witch!"

The arrow soared towards Paige. Extending out her right arm, Paige called out for the arrow, sending it flying backwards, wrapped in a blanket of pale blue orbs. The arrow hit the chest of the Darklighter, sending him into turmoil, engulfed in a wall of flames, eating him up until he was truly vanquished. Looking over to her charge, Paige cracked a smile, watching as the scared blonde slowly stepped out from behind the bins. "Who are you?"

Paige didn't answer the question, instead she walked down the alleyway, her charge trailing behind her. Paige stopped when she reached the end of the alleyway, looking out to the streets of San Fransisco.

"First, you tell me about yourself, Janey Goldman," Paige turned around, asking her charge, Janey. Janey bit her lip, reluctant to say anything to a stranger...But she did just save Janey's life afterall.

Paige quickly grabbed Janey's wrists, smiling at her, being warm to her charges was something Paige was really good at. "I'm a nurse...well studying to be one. I take care of my sick sister at home..."

"Well, I'll be taking you to a safe place. So just hold and breathe tight, newcomers to orbing can get a bit queezy...." And with those words spoken, the two women disappeared in a shining blue lights and a blanket of pale blue orbs.

zklg8m.png

Approved.:up:

Also, I'm working on some posts. Cats, are you still playing Dresden?

Can we please start posting again?

And that's to all of us, including me. I don't want this game to die.

Goddamn you Linkara. Damn you to bad place :cmad:

From The Pages Of...
RPG APPLICATION

Screen Name: Green Lantern

Character you'd like to portray: Tommy Oliver, the White Ranger

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: When unmorphed, Tommy is an amazing martial artist and very athletic. Using the power of the Morphing Grid, Tommy is imbued with enhanced strength, and agility to expand his fighting skills. He is also given access to the spirit of the White Tiger in the form of Saba, a talking Saber and the White Tigerzord, a giant robot tiger that also has a man shaped fighting form when the need arises.

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers volumes 1 and 2, Hamilton Comics

Fictional history of the character (as you're going to interpret it): Angel Grove was once a vast metropolis in southern California, but that all changed when Rita Repulsa was freed from her prison of 10,000 years. She detected the energy of her bitter rival Zordon of Eltar residing in the Badlands east of Angel Grove, and knew that to conquer this planet, she would have to defeat him and his champions, but also noticed that there were other champions appearing in the world at the time. She sealed Angel Grove and the surrounding area from the rest of the world, making it so that the citizens didn't even notice the change. Zordon recruited six teenagers to become his champions from the local high school. These six teens were given access to the morphing grid, a source of immense power. When channeling this power, they would become faster, stronger, and more agile and have access to both weapons of powerful energy and mechanizations known as the powerzords. Jason, Zack, Trini, Kimberly, Billy and Tommy became the Red, Black, Yellow, Pink, Blue and Green Rangers respectively. However, in a climatic battle outside of Angel Grove, the original Dinozords were destroyed, as was the green power coin. This left Tommy depowered and separated from his friends and former teammates. It wasn't long before Zordon realized the five remaining Rangers needed Tommy's aid. With Billy's aid, Zordon and Alpha-5 reconstructed new Zords for the Rangers first, basing them instead on mythical and wild creatures this time. After completing the new Zords the three forged a new power coin, with more pure energy than the other five, and connected it to the morphing grid. Bestowing this new coin to their lost Ranger, Tommy then became the White Ranger, and the new leader of the team. Rita has spent the last few years trying to best the Power Rangers while also working to free her husband, the Lord Zedd from stasis, for with his help, she knows they can break their focus from just Angel Grove and take over the world as a whole.

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?:
Hero
List a few reasons why you chose this character: Nostalgia's playing a big part, mainly in part due to Linkara's Power Rangers reviews series. Tommy has always been my favorite Ranger, whether it's MMPR, Zeo, or Dino Thunder (we won't mention the other one he was in...)

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG: I will bring teenagers with attitude. Along with that I bring two villains who will create absurd object based monsters that grow and try to crush the world beneath their anthropomorphic feet.

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: 1-4

Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length: "There Zordon. It's done. The focused spectrum of morphing grid energy is channeled into the new coin. The link should be active shortly, I have also begun to link the coin to the spirit of the Tiger like you had asked."

"Good work Billy. The process is nearly complete. Please contact the others, along with the new Ranger. It is time to unveil what we have been working on."

"Oh thank goodness. The secrets were about to melt my circuitboards Zordon. It is very difficult to keep these things from the Rangers."

"You're telling me, Alpha."

Billy touched his wrist communicator and waited for the response chime.

"Jason here, what's up."

"Jason it's Billy. Are the others with you? Zordon needs us right away at the Command Center."

"We'll be there shortly."

Shortly after the two disconnected a column of white light materialized in the room, dissapating to reveal Tommy Oliver, the former Green Ranger, left powerless by one of Rita's more ruthless monsters.

"Whoa. What's going on? Billy? Zordon? Alpha? What's wrong? The others in trouble? What can I do? I'll do whatever I can, regardless of the power, just point me at the problem."

"Ah, Tommy. That is just the attitude we need. You have lost your connection to the morphing grid, but not your heart. That is the most powerful thing any of us have. That is the reason the three of us have gone through an extraordinary effort these past months, strengthening the morphing grid and recreating the zords. We took the energy that was disconnected with the destruction of the green coin and strengthened it with all the other colors, forming a connection to the White Light of the spectrum. There is no more suitable candidate to wield this power than you, Tommy Oliver. Will you accept this responsibility and do your best to protect the world from Rita Repulsa once more?"

"Do you have to ask Zordon? Of course I will."

"I would not have suspected otherwise Tommy. Prepare to accept the connection."

"Zordon, the others have arrived. Aye aye aye. We aren't ready."

"The power transfer is complete Alpha, you may transfer me back to the main chamber to speak with the others."

The light showing Zordon's head, flickered and went black, leaving the robot alone with the Blue Ranger and the new White Ranger, as he flickered back into his main tube in the central room of the Command Center.

"Zordon, what's going on? Billy said it was urgent."

"Yeah, and where is Billy?"

"Is he okay?"

"Billy is fine. He will be with us shortly. I have summoned you all, because since the loss of the Green Ranger, you have all been seeming loss. It has been easier for Rita to gain the upper hand on you, and your hearts seem to be less in the fight than they were prior. I understand this feeling, for I too miss Tommy, but if we don't defeat Rita, the whole world will be lost."

"We're trying our best Zordon. But without a full force, it's just harder."

"I could not agree more. Alpha, Billy, please bring out our project."

"I knew Billy was up to something."

Billy and Alpha came out of the workshop, Billy carrying his helmet and Alpha carrying what appeared to be a cutlass with a tiger head on the hilt.

"Guys, let me introduce to you the newest member of the team."

Stepping out from behind Billy came the White Ranger. "Given the power of the White Tiger, I'm pleased to welcome back, our buddy Tommy!"

As Tommy takes off his helmet, there's a shriek of delight as Kimberly rushes up to him and embraces him, before kissing him passionately as the others stood shocked at this turn of events.

"It's good to be home. Now lets kick some Witch butt! IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!"

whiterangercoloredym9.gif

Okay...I'm gonna let the other mods rule in on this one.

Personally, I don't think the Zords fit in with this game. They're a little too ridiculous for me.

That's where you draw the line? :confused:

I don't know.

Just so far we've had a semi-realistic and street-level world going on here, and I feel that having robots bigger than Godzilla plopped down in the middle of the world would be weird.

But if it's okay with the other mods, it's okay with me.:up:

... Just for that? I'm applying as Trypticon and kicking Godzilla's scaly butt. :cmad:

I warned you, dammit! :cmad:

No posts
J'adore - Paige Matthews

Catman_prb - Harry Dresden - 8/05
Catman_prb - The Doctor - 8/05
Catman_prb - Randal Flagg - 8/06

Carnage27 - Dracula - 8/12

Byrd Man - Dirty Harry - 8/17