BvS Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
She will never look like anything but a model shaped actress. No amount of working out will change this. Unless, like most male actors who need to get huge in a short period, she's using HGH and the latest steroid analogs, what you see now is what you're gonna get in the finished film. Bottom line: she looks like what she is.

Since looks are what everyone here is so focused on - and I don't blame you given that's exactly what Snyder was focused on when he cast her - you should get used to the model-esque wonder woman. Slightly visible biceps won't change this.

I agree. Its kinda depressing for me though. Reading Synder gushing over Batman and Superman "and oh yeah we have Wonder Woman too". Does not fill me with any confidence on her role in the movie.

ZS talks costumes
The thing also that’s really fascinating for me is that, even just in the tests we’ve been doing, the costumes, right? You basically have Batman and Superman — and this is without Ben [Affleck] and Henry [Cavill] in the costumes, but just like the stand-ins, just testing to see what the costumes look like. And you have them standing there and they’re standing in the same shot — and then we have Wonder Woman, you know, all three of them in the same shot. Even just for a test, you really have to go, “Wow, that’s crazy!” Not only is it the first time that I’m seeing them, it’s the first time they’ve ever existed together on screen in a movie. And that’s kind of a huge deal. Even just Batman and Superman standing next to each other… t’s kind of epic. You do sort of sense the weight of the pop culture iconography jumping out of its skin when you’re standing there looking at the two of them and Wonder Woman. It’s crazy. But it’s fun. I mean, I have the first photo, I’ve got it in my archive because I was like, “Okay, I better keep this, it’s gonna be worth something,” [laughs]!
…I’m actually staring at one [picture] right now in my office. And it’s just massive on my wall in my office and it’s epic, let me tell you! And I’m like, “God, I want to send this to the Internet immediately.” But I know I’m not allowed to [laughs]! I do value the sort of excitement of the way the film is [revealed]… the pieces that are released and sort of trickle out to everybody, and those reveals are exciting milestones for us… The one nice thing is that, the schedule is designed carefully so that I don’t know that [leaked photos of all three superheroes together] will be [a problem]– but who knows, these cats are pretty good at getting the drop on us with these photos. But, when we finally do show it, it’s gonna be real fun.

Last edited:
She will never look like anything but a model shaped actress. No amount of working out will change this. Unless, like most male actors who need to get huge in a short period, she's using HGH and the latest steroid analogs, what you see now is what you're gonna get in the finished film. Bottom line: she looks like what she is.

Since looks are what everyone here is so focused on - and I don't blame you given that's exactly what Snyder was focused on when he cast her - you should get used to the model-esque wonder woman. Slightly visible biceps won't change this.

I don't think you understood what I said.

Forget swimmers bodies. You want a great example of Wonder Woman's body take a gander at pole vaulter Allison Stokke.

tumblr_mqogadFMLt1qijtb6o1_1280.jpg

Allison%20Stokke%2009.jpg

Allison_Stokke_2.jpeg

oq7t07v6ef5n0tvo.jpg
Gorgeous woman.

I agree. Its kinda depressing for me though. Reading Synder gushing over Batman and Superman "and oh yeah we have Wonder Woman too". Does not fill me with any confidence on her role in the movie.

ZS talks costumes
[/INDENT]

Keep in mind this isn't a trinity movie, and he's probably recalling his initial sight of the costumes where it was just the iconic pair of Supes/Bats (the image Kevin Smith saw) before recalling more recent costume tests with WW as well.

Last edited:
10157231_484737708294335_4131748370799187150_n.jpg

Gal is already bigger than the tennis player ;)
That's ridiculous. Gal has her arms squished up to her body - of course they're going to look bigger.

It was always going to be an uphill battle for Gal to gain weight. I have a pretty similar physique. I'm skinnier than most women can healthily get, and Gal's frame is even smaller than mine. She's at least better than she was before, but no way would she get to the level the pole vaulter is.

Another example of someone unusually skinny for their sport is gymnast Svetlana Khorkina. The demands of gymnastics today usually mean the women are crazy-muscular, especially in the shoulders, but Svetlana was always willowy.

This was the Russian team recently:

And this was Svetlana while competing:

If we must still talk about physique, here is my viewpoint.

To me it never really mattered how muscular Wonder Woman was. It doesn't change the performance or how the character is written. I just thought that it would be in extremely poor taste to have Wonder Woman, a character who is supposed to be a role model for young women, being played by a skeletal 'model-shaped' actress.

Now that Gadot has gained some weight and is looking much healthier, I am happy.

I'm still not entirely sold on her acting ability, but that's mainly because I haven't seen enough of her to judge either way.
Yup. The most important factor will be how she is written. If she's muscular but a ditz, that's definitely a no-go.

I've said it before. This is the ideal body for a live action WW. And I think this could be the route they are trying to achieve. Not exaggerated but slim and in a happy medium.

Ellen%20Hollman,%20Spartacus%202.jpg

spartacus-war-of-the-damned-sax-ellen-hollman-1.jpg

20120330180317!Spartacus_Vengeance_Saxa.jpg

picture-of-ellen-hollman-in-spartacus-war-of-the-damned-large-picture-647581139.jpg

I think Gal Gadot will play Wonder Woman. That's just fine by me.

I don't think you understood what I said.

He understood what you said... he's just ignorant to people actually working hard physically to gain muscle and definition. Since he has never done any of the strenuous programs many of these actors have gone through, he falsely believes the only way to build a decent body is with HGH or steroids.:whatever:

For contrast. This is Michelle Jenneke an Australian olympic sprinter

13_michelle-jenneke_13.jpg

Gal is pretty close to that physique in her arms and torso. Just a bit more work and she'll get there.

"Well, hello there. I'm the administrator of this facility. And who might you be?"

Forget swimmers bodies. You want a great example of Wonder Woman's body take a gander at pole vaulter Allison Stokke.

tumblr_mqogadFMLt1qijtb6o1_1280.jpg

Allison%20Stokke%2009.jpg

Allison_Stokke_2.jpeg

oq7t07v6ef5n0tvo.jpg

Hypothetically speaking; even if Allison Stokke was cast as WW....the fanboys would still find something to complain about. :o

Also, she is only about 5'7 in real life.

Most likely the fact that she's not actually an actress, I would've thought. But as for the way she looks? Not so many complaints I imagine.

Most likely the fact that she's not actually an actress, I would've thought. But as for the way she looks? Not so many complaints I imagine.

They would bring up her height. :o

Those TDKR Tom Hardy threads are full of darkness.

Few people appreciate how we lucked out on height with Gal. Getting 'not skeletal' seems like an easy feat given all the professionals involved.

Getting as buff as she hulk to appease the group of people that don't really get it(imo), seems like a benefit I guess.
As I always ask, which one of these women has godlike powers(strength in particular)?

On the other spectrum of the deconstruction of being skinny, having great curves in this day and age isn't quite what I'd call role model material either. Either way I'm sure Snyder would lose.

There is also thinner versions of Superman and Batman but could you imagine if either actor turned up and they were not ripped? I don't see why an actress chosen to play Wonder Woman shouldn't be given similar scrutiny. She has made improvement but no where near enough yet. Maybe she doesn't need the bulk for this movie as its only a walk on part. Maybe she is on a training schedule for Justice League and there is no real hurry. But if she does have a bigger part in this movie she needs to bulk up more especially in the arms and shoulders unless they have some bastardized armour costume which covers her entire frame and then I would be even more disappointed.

I can scrutinize however I want.

The actor that plays Superman is a bit shorter than Superman in the comics and somewhat smaller. Yes, Cavill has an impressive physique, but he's still not as big as many artists draw supes. But...I am completely happy with Cavill and have no complaints. I'm also happy with Affleck as batman even though he isn't as big as many artists draw batman. So, I'd say I am giving equal scrutiny.

Plus, I believe in accepting reality. Gal is the actress chosen for the part. She is WW in this movie. She is also thin. She is working out and she has made progress, so I'm happy with that. Some versions of WW are slimmer and she can easily look like those versions. I see no need to complain endlessly about her physique.

And "bastardized armour costume"? Really now. I know you're all about her showing skin and wearing that twinky strapless top and panty get-up, but there's no need to suspect they'll have to cover all of her. They'll probably do something in-between.
And if she's more covered and actually looks like... *gasp*... a warrior?! Good. Bring it.

Hypothetically speaking; even if Allison Stokke was cast as WW....the fanboys would still find something to complain about. :o

Also, she is only about 5'7 in real life.

There would be people that would be calling her "horse face". For crying out loud, there were people who were calling Megan Gale that.

Artists never draw them at their listed height/weight. Superman is supposed to be 6'-3" 235 and Batman is 6'-2" 210. That's much leaner than they look on paper.

And "bastardized armour costume"? Really now. I know you're all about her showing skin and wearing that twinky strapless top and panty get-up, but there's no need to suspect they'll have to cover all of her. They'll probably do something in-between.
And if she's more covered and actually looks like... *gasp*... a warrior?! Good. Bring it.

Where have I said you couldn't scrutinise how you liked? You have stated your opinion more than once over multiple threads about her costume. And I'm sure you will continue to into the future.

I'm not all about her showing skin. Stop jumping to conclusions I'm just not as close minded about her classic costume as some, you included since you have referred to her costume as something a Playmate would wear. I don't but I'm sure I'll be pigeonholed for that.

Your favourite word for Wonder Woman is warrior since it's always used to illustrate the importance of her costume. She is far far more than that. She is a multidimensional character. The costume should portray more than warrior.

Few people appreciate how we lucked out on height with Gal. Getting 'not skeletal' seems like an easy feat given all the professionals involved.

Getting as buff as she hulk to appease the group of people that don't really get it(imo), seems like a benefit I guess.
As I always ask, which one of these women has godlike powers(strength in particular)?

On the other spectrum of the deconstruction of being skinny, having great curves in this day and age isn't quite what I'd call role model material either. Either way I'm sure Snyder would lose.

I'm confused, has anyone actually said they want WW to be as buff as She Hulk? If they did, I'd agree that they don't get it, but people asking for that don't really exist on here. Now people wishing for a WW with a bit more of an athletic build? Yeah, you'll find a few of them.

Where have I said you couldn't scrutinise how you liked? You have stated your opinion more than once over multiple threads about her costume. And I'm sure you will continue to into the future.

I'm not all about her showing skin. Stop jumping to conclusions I'm just not as close minded about her classic costume as some, you included since you have referred to her costume as something a Playmate would wear. I don't but I'm sure I'll be pigeonholed for that.

Your favourite word for Wonder Woman is warrior since it's always used to illustrate the importance of her costume. She is far far more than that. She is a multidimensional character. The costume should portray more than warrior.

There's no need to tell me what WW is. I'm well aware that she is more.
Her traditional costume conveys NONE of that. I say she needs a warrior costume because no intelligent person would wear what she wears in a battle. Nice try at the whole "you don't know the character" thing.

I'm confused, has anyone actually said they want WW to be as buff as She Hulk? If they did, I'd agree that they don't get it, but people asking for that don't really exist on here. Now people wishing for a WW with a bit more of an athletic build? Yeah, you'll find a few of them.

If you scroll back in the thread, you'll see a good amount of fitness model like individuals, half of which themselves in cosplay that I would argue fit into the 'she hulk' mold.

That's just the thing, even the batman and superman and cap actors don't meet the standard of what's drawn. It's pretty much impossible unless you turn your life around. Jim Lee simply draws superman 'too big', then there is the issue of how clark intends to disappear... There is always a reduction present when it comes to hollywood's take. That being accepted, the actress for Wondy would be 'less' than what is drawn by the same measure. Throw in how her powers work...Let's just say I wouldn't expect the actress playing Artimis the god to look as strong as she in fact is.

I digress, Gal simply needs to look 'athletic' as you said. I'd peg that for somewhere in the Black Widow/Faora range. Unlike Shehulk, being buff isn't the characterization.

Haha nice way to pigeonhole people who don't share your opinion on the costume as some dirty old male. Skin and all. Nice.

I digress, Gal simply needs to look 'athletic' as you said. I'd peg that for somewhere in the Black Widow/Faora range. Unlike Shehulk, being buff isn't the characterization.

That is about as much as we can expect now somewhat athletic looking. But not knowing her role in the movie, could be a very quick walk on at the end. Maybe her training regime is beyond this movie although I read WB have not even begun thinking about a Justice League movie yet which is strange. At one stage there was rumours of this being shot back to back with JL.

Haha nice way to pigeonhole people who don't share your opinion on the costume as some dirty old male. Skin and all. Nice.

I never said that. I did say you supported showing skin (sometimes lots of it because lets face it, the costume you often support is a swimsuit) because you do.

I think that's all I have to say to you about it. I just wanted to respond to that "scrutinize physiques equally" post and I've done that. Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"