BvS Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't think Gadot looks very athletic, I don't consider it a problem. She has made progress and looks less skeletal. Also, there are some versions of WW that are drawn quite slim, so I don't think it would be outlandish for this movie to feature a thin WW. If they give her a more warrior-like costume, that will also help sell her as a warrior. Yes, some versions of the character are more muscular, but I don't see why those should be considered more valid than the thinner versions, such as this one:

j2zcP5Q.jpg

I have said it before but i like this design. But maybe it's more for a JL movie?

I never said that. I did say you supported showing skin (sometimes lots of it because lets face it, the costume you often support is a swimsuit) because you do.

I think that's all I have to say to you about it. I just wanted to respond to that "scrutinize physiques equally" post and I've done that. Have a good day.

That's fine and clears it up for me. Apologies for being a bit of a jerk there.

I know that we both want WW to kick ass and look good on screen. I have stated in the past that the skirt works and in one or two of the designs the long pants work. It's all about the asthestic on theomg pants and the colour of her boots. I just don't want her too look too similar in tone to say super man with blue leggings and red boots. I'm open to most stuff but not heavily armoured stuff. She is super resilient and does not need it. JMO.

I have said it before but i like this design. But maybe it's more for a JL movie?

I like the idea of the boots matching the colour of the pants. I'd have no problem with this as a casual and semi-action costume. Maybe the skirt for battle but who will she be battling in this movie?

I like the idea of the boots matching the colour of the pants. I'd have no problem with this as a casual and semi-action costume. Maybe the skirt for battle but who will she be battling in this movie?

The winner of Batman Vs. Superman? lol

It's definitely more traditional "superhero" which I think she should adopt later on. Her first costume to me, should look a little more inspired by her home land and heritage.

I'm honestly okay with whatever they use. Skirt, pants, or shorts.(not so much the underwear. I think it worked fine in the 70s series and all, but different times, and such.)

The winner of Batman Vs. Superman? lol

Haha that would be cool. I would like to see her land between the two deflecting Supermans punch just as he was about to knock Bats into next week. And Supes say "Whowa who is this?" Bit like teacher breaking up the fight in school LOL.

j2zcP5Q.jpg

One thing about this outfit: It looks manufactured. Meaning like in a factory or something. Too polished. It doesn't look like it's made on an island. So i think it would be better if she got it for JL. Maybe as a gift from Batman?

Haha that would be cool. I would like to see her land between the two deflecting Supermans punch just as he was about to knock Bats into next week. And Supes say "Whowa who is this?" Bit like teacher breaking up the fight in school LOL.

:up:

God no. The Amazons are highly advanced and well capable of producing this costume.

That's fine and clears it up for me. Apologies for being a bit of a jerk there.

I know that we both want WW to kick ass and look good on screen. I have stated in the past that the skirt works and in one or two of the designs the long pants work. It's all about the asthestic on theomg pants and the colour of her boots. I just don't want her too look too similar in tone to say super man with blue leggings and red boots. I'm open to most stuff but not heavily armoured stuff. She is super resilient and does not need it. JMO.

Fair enough.

One thing about this outfit: It looks manufactured. Meaning like in a factory or something. Too polished. It doesn't look like it's made on an island. So i think it would be better if she got it for JL. Maybe as a gift from Batman?

If they were going to start out with a pants look, I think they would have to look different than these, perhaps made from leather or suede. However, some have suggested she start out with a more hoplite sort of look and then end up in pants by JL and I do like that idea. As for how they explain that: I would just have her see the others in pants, try them for herself and find they were comfortable to fight in. Or they could simply have the amazons wear pants sometimes from the beginning.

God no. The Amazons are highly advanced and well capable of producing this costume.

You think? Cool, well truth be told i know very little about Wonder Woman. Only what i saw on the JL show. Im looking to be suprised when i see the movie! :yay:

You think? Cool, well truth be told i know very little about Wonder Woman. Only what i saw on the JL show. Im looking to be suprised when i see the movie! :yay:

Ah cool, you should check out some of her trades. Her current run on 52 would actually be a good place to start and relatively inexpensive as there is only 30 comics so far. Not sure how that translates to trades but probably 4-5 trade backs.

Few people appreciate how we lucked out on height with Gal. Getting 'not skeletal' seems like an easy feat given all the professionals involved.

Getting as buff as she hulk to appease the group of people that don't really get it(imo), seems like a benefit I guess.
As I always ask, which one of these women has godlike powers(strength in particular)?

On the other spectrum of the deconstruction of being skinny, having great curves in this day and age isn't quite what I'd call role model material either. Either way I'm sure Snyder would lose.

I don't think her height really matters. Look at the dwarves in the Hobbit or Robert Downey Jr in Iron Man. Height can easily be faked.

I also agree with Brian Braddock that no one has really been advocating for Gal to get as ripped as She Hulk.

There's no need to tell me what WW is. I'm well aware that she is more.
Her traditional costume conveys NONE of that. I say she needs a warrior costume because no intelligent person would wear what she wears in a battle. Nice try at the whole "you don't know the character" thing.

Agreed. Is there really anything wrong with wanting Wonder Woman to look like a warrior both physically and sartorially?

I don't think her height really matters. Look at the dwarves in the Hobbit or Robert Downey Jr in Iron Man. Height can easily be faked.

I personally don't think the audience would believe Scarlet(black widow) to be of similar stature as Ben Affleck(as so many incarnations of Diana have been) without being 'in on it'. The way they are 'in' on the hobbit effect or TFA and 300 effect. Being in on something might work but I can't say that would be better than the audience not having to be in on anything. Thus Gal has the clear advantage here to someone of Scarlet's stature.

I also think this effect
GL130502585.jpg

and this effect
movies-fast-and-furious-6-uk-premiere-michelle-rodriguez-gal-gadot-elsa-pataky-gina-carano-jordana-brewster.jpg

Go along way to infusing the 'amazonian' presence a woman as far as the general discourse goes. Tricking full body shots seems tiresome imo. Really being it goes along way. Save we start talking about how they can cheat her mass by way of TFA as well.

She could look like a Warrior. She should definitely look tough.
But I don't think she should look like she is going into heavy battle 24/7. I definitely think she's one character who can add/subtract things from her clothing. Have her put on more protection when going into battle. When see not, have her in a regular skirt/pants. And then she can add the battle skirt on top.

I don't think anyone has suggested she be in head to toe armor all the time.

Kate Upton is also 5' 10" but much bigger frame. But it is interesting to see how even 5' 10" even towers over other women.

For those that want a little skin i'd imagine there would be some shot of Diana in some sort of suit that emulates the classic costume. It may not happen in this movie since her appearance in this will probably be limited, but in a future solo film they may pay homage to the classic look, sort of like how Marvel paid homage to the classic Cap suit in The First Avenger.

Also, I wouldn't say Snyder is known for having gratuitous shots of women in his films. If anything, he puts gratuitous shots of the men in his films (300 obviously the biggest example, but also Cavill shirtless in MoS). So honestly if Gal's showing some skin here or there, gratuitous or not, I don't think it's a big issue.

The classic costume can't be used because it's a bit too revealing, and because it's just hokey. They finally got rid of the underpants on Supes and Bats because it was hokey, so the classic WW suit just won't fly for the same reason.

I am very anti sexist so I believe that since we saw Superman with no shirt we should also see some Wonder Woman skin as well:woot:

I am very anti sexist so I believe that since we saw Superman with no shirt we should also see some Wonder Woman skin as well:woot:

Yes, WW floating in the water bare chested like Clark Kent. :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"