BvS Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are both ripping off of Ancient Greece.

True... but Perez's WW run did it first in 1986. He had WW in various clothing/armor options, not just the classic suit, and he had WW in armors, battle skirts and the like also adding more sword and sandal type flavor to things. So much of Xena's look is inspired by WW it's not funny. It's why when I her any complaints about not wanting WW to be like Xena I want to rip the remaining hairs out of my scalp.

True, when it comes to comic books, Wonder Woman did it first. But the problem is that it's a different medium; ie. film so the comparisons are inevitable. In some ways its just how human beings react, they go off what they have seen recently or before so when the costume reveal occurs there will be comparisons to Xena/Thor.

That's one of the dangers for the studio because its important to establish Wonder Woman on her own terms. Its why I am not in favor of the descendants of Kryptonians rumor that has been making the rounds of the Internet. Wonder Woman needs a clear-cut origin story of her own (along with the other Amazons.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"