BvS Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm aware that she could still do good in the role, but someone can still be worried about it until the movie comes out based on the actor/actress' previous work.

It that could be the case RDJ could never be iron-man..

It that could be the case RDJ could never be iron-man..

RDJ proved himself as an actor long before he became Iron man. Gal Gadot struggles in scenes with Gina Carano in fast and furious movies.

RDJ proved himself as an actor long before he became Iron man. Gal Gadot struggles in scenes with Gina Carano in fast and furious movies.

Proven actor
rdowneymug1a.jpg
:whatever::whatever:

Last edited:
As a general response to the "you can't comment on quality without seeing it" sentiment; while true, that does go both ways. And there are plenty of examples just from this board where we've treated news as absolutely sublime without taking into consideration it could very well turn out rotten.

If Daniel Day-Lewis got cast tomorrow as (insert supervillain here), the entire fanboy community would explode with excitement and jump the gun at crowning it as one of the most genius castings ever. And it wouldn't be out of the ordinary because the man's work speaks for itself. But it's an example of most of us not really treating things on a case by case basis. All we have to go off of is their past performances, so we rightfully judge casting accordingly until the final product comes through.

If it's generally accepted to do so positively, then to be fair, we should treat negative stances the same way. They all stem from preconceptions after all.

I didn't see her struggling. How was she struggling? She was no worse than anyone else in that movie because it wasn't demanding to begin with.

You might as well complain about all the other actors in that movie unless you think it had some outstanding performances...

As a general response to the "you can't comment on quality without seeing it" sentiment; while true, that does go both ways. And there are plenty of examples just from this board where we've treated news as absolutely sublime without taking into consideration it could very well turn out rotten.

If Daniel Day-Lewis got cast tomorrow as (insert supervillain here), the entire fanboy community would explode with excitement and jump the gun at crowning it as one of the most genius castings ever. And it wouldn't be out of the ordinary because the man's work speaks for itself. But it's an example of most of us not really treating things on a case by case basis. All we have to go off of is their past performances, so we rightfully judge casting accordingly until the final product comes through.

If it's generally accepted to do so positively, then to be fair, we should treat negative stances the same way. They all stem from preconceptions after all.

The Daniel Day-Lewis comparison, while it has some validity, isn't quite the same deal, people would be excited, and yes, it could blow up in their faces, except they'd know that that probably wouldn't be the case because he's an established actor with a consistent history of great performances and versatility. Gadot is the opposite, she's just starting out and could easily grow a lot as an actress in a very short time because of that, and all we have for reference thus far are minor roles in popcorn action flicks, making her much more of a wild card. In a case like this I prefer to not form an opinion but still hope for the best.

Last edited:
I didn't see her struggling. How was she struggling? She was no worse than anyone else in that movie because it wasn't demanding to begin with.

You might as well complain about all the other actors in that movie unless you think it had some outstanding performances...

Agreed fast and the furious doesn’t require that much acting skills..

That guy at AMC movie talk has to be saying that just, for what? A reasonable question, asking if she could of had a really good screen test, and him comparing that to Santa Claus coming down the chimney. That doesn't make any sense. Fast and furious is what it is, there's not great acting in it at all. Nevertheless who knows how the screen test went.

The only person's acting who I had an issue with in FF films was Gina Carano, she seemed really lost. I never thought Gadot was horrible in the films nor was she great. She did okay for what the films called for, which isn't much to be honest. And I love the films but they aren't about great performances.

The Rock is a much better actor now than he was years ago so I think Carano could easily get better but right now she isn't there. Gadot is still a wait and see casting choice for me but I don't have the feeling she's going to be unwatchable or anything.

Proven actor :whatever::whatever:
Yes...he was a PROVEN ACTOR....with a drug problem. Having a drug problem does not make you less of an actor.

In luis' world it apparently does. :o

Yes...he was a PROVEN ACTOR....with a drug problem. Having a drug problem does not make you less of an actor.

who would be an actor if having a drug problem eliminated them?

I'm really curious what research material they're going to give Gadot .

I'm really curious what research material they're going to give Gadot .

I still want info on EXACTLY what her fight prep has been. The terms even she herself used, "jujutsu, sword fighting, Kung Fu" ect., are actually kind of vague. It may not matter to most, but for myself I'd be interested in a more precise rundown of what Snyder and Co. have been giving her to ensure her badass quotient is high.

Wow. just watched the new AMC video. John Campea saying Gal is "the worst casting in Hollywood History" is insane.

Not only that he even refuse the possibility that she did good in the audition. he completely reject that idea and make fun of it like it is impossible.

Like many sites said on this issue, John Campea is on an agenda here, now there is no doubt about this and this is pretty sad. he was supporting another actress and pushing her hard for the rule (and harder after her last superhero movie) but this is really immature and childhish act from him.

WB and Zack didn't pick that other actress Campea likes, there is no need to attack and insult Gadot every time someone mention her BvS in AMC, it is insane, it is annoying and it is not not a professional thing to do.

Last edited:
New 52 Greg rucka and perez

I doubt they'll being giving Rucka and Perez. Both have outdated characterization. The dialogue in those comics are very stiff to the point where she almost sounds Shakespearean like Thor.

It doesn't have to be limited to comics. They could give her other material that informs Diana's personality or beliefs.

I doubt they'll being giving Rucka and Perez. Both have outdated characterization. The dialogue in those comics are very stiff to the point where she almost sounds Shakespearean like Thor.

It doesn't have to be limited to comics. They could give her other material that informs Diana's personality or beliefs.

Wonder woman animated movie. It was great..

I know the current run is very popular here, but I just don't see that version being the take Snyder would feel is good for a mass audience. I could be wrong, but I am not sure that Nu52 is going to have that much influence on Wonder Woman on the big screen.

I know the current run is very popular here, but I just don't see that version being the take Snyder would feel is good for a mass audience. I could be wrong, but I am not sure that Nu52 is going to have that much influence on Wonder Woman on the big screen.

Well, Goyer put a lot of Earth One Superman in Man of Steel.

Well, Goyer put a lot of Earth One Superman in Man of Steel.

...And a pinch of Birthright, a helping of Byrne, some dialog from ALL STAR, ect. It was very, umm... gestalted? (OK. That's not a word. :yay:) My point is it wasn't too influence by any one version, though for myself I really saw it as being almost like a Byrne/Carlin era Superman origin story updated for the 21st Century. But that's me.

With WW, I'm not sure the big departures that the current run has in it make it shoe in to be used as a touchstone. Though of course having all the limitation such a project has, The WW DTV is a great "capabilities presentation" for Diana and I think the same influences that had will hold more sway than Azarello and Chiang's work. I also think that fans of any current comic book take, tone or creative team seem to project their own "generational view" onto the teams tasked with adapting them to other media that often are quite a bit older than they themselves are (I'm not saying YOU fanboii :yay:) so they forget that the versions of the characters that THOSE people grew up with probably hold more weight than what ever is going on the comics now. I mean, look at Raimi's Spidey films. That stuff was, some deviations aside, pretty much a live action take on the Ditko to Romita years, surprise surprise, the years Raimi discovered the character.

RDJ was a proven actor before he went to prison. Prior to Iron Man, Hollywood was afraid to feature him because of his bad publicity. That's not the case here with Gal Gadot. Furthermore, if Wonder Woman is a iconic a people say we don't really need an A-list actor playing her. People should be going to the movie to see Wonder Woman, not Emily Blunt or Angelina Jolie.

RDJ was a proven actor before he went to prison. Prior to Iron Man, Hollywood was afraid to feature him because of his bad publicity. That's not the case here with Gal Gadot. Furthermore, if Wonder Woman is a iconic a people say we don't really need an A-list actor playing her. People should be going to the movie to see Wonder Woman, not Emily Blunt or Angelina Jolie.

I think Warner is afraid of doing a wonder woman movie it could hurt the brand if flops or screwing up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"