World Gambit

I think the way Rogue's pouting in that godforsaken picture reflects how most of us fangirls feel. And does anyone know what happened to the Gambit Guild website (home of the LeBeau Library)? It was, like, the ULTIMATE resource for all the Gambit-related comic issue scans for almost seven years on the web - and now suddenly it's gone with no warning?? If anyone has any info on what happened, I'd appreciate a heads-up.

I haven't gone there in ages but I do know one thing -- they had recently had illegal whole copies of recent comics featuring Gambit. It's possible that Marvel made them shut down. Or the folks who were running it grew up and no longer wanted to maintain the site and domain name. That happened to one of my favorite fanfic sites....:(

Oh...I hope that's not what happened, though I wouldn't be surprised what with the rampant copyright paranoia and all. Sad they wouldn't give us warning though.

And omg, I just found the most wicked mp3's - you know the actor who played Remy for most of X:tAS? (Hottest Gambit voice EVER!) He sings rock songs from a CD he released in 1997 just after he left X-Men, and it's so surreal, because it sounds EXACTLY like Gambit singing (minus the cajun accent)! And he's really good, like plays guitar and wrote the songs. So he's rocking out my iPod right now, and most of the songs are either about being pissed off at some woman, ogling some hot woman or just being in love with some woman. So cute when he makes those bad-boy rock noises - his voice is the sexy ^^

There's this one track where he's singing (in Gambit's voice nevertheless, teehee), "Help me, I can't breathe, my heart just burst at the seams - you're the most amazing woman I've ever seen. Now I'm shakin' - perfect genetic equation..." and there's this really continuous, fast, hard-driving rock guitar riff that goes on for minutes, and at the end, he growls impromptu off-stage, "Aaaargh! My ****in' fingers are bleeding!" LOL!

Chris Potter. He's not on iTunes, though. And it's funny, but the second half of all his songs are better than the first half...meaning they go from fine to wow-excellent...it's like he figures out where he's going, lol.

I'll look around and see if I can find some sound bites of his stuff somewhere for me to sample. :)

All I found was some guy who played jazz but never sang anything. Some white guy. Is it the same one?

No, it's another guy with the same name who plays the jazz. If you have somewhere for me to direct the mp3s, I'll send some to you. PM me.

Thanks. :) I gotta run, but I'll keep an eye out for your mail. :)

Huh... I'm kind of lost, but when did apocalypse came back in the x-men comics and gambit was scrapped?

Is it just me or are Gambit and Rogue victim to what seems to be a universal writer's block in Marvel comics? I'm talking about marriage and long-term relationships.

More recently we've heard about what will happen with Peter & MJ, but they're not the first. Another couple in the X-men books, which many thought was fairly sacred had been destroyed long ago. Scott & Jean. What's next? Sue Richards shacks up with another man?

What annoys me most is that Joe Q and writers openly admit that they can't write a married couple. Plus, they say it as if it's acceptable as a writer not to be able to write such a common thing. So rather than face that challange they go around it by repeating old storylines or by other means.

Personaly I think it's a sad day for Marvel if they can't get good staff.

P.S. Does anyone know anything regarding Gambit's future. IGN mentioned briefly that he might appear in Civil War at some point but I don't know how concrete that is.

The Infernal said:
P.S. Does anyone know anything regarding Gambit's future. IGN mentioned briefly that he might appear in Civil War at some point but I don't know how concrete that is.
That's the last thing I heard, too. He hasn't shown up yet so far but Civil war isn't even close to being over with yet. :)

how exactly would gambit fit into the civil war storyline.

I don't know, I suppose they will show him picking a side. Or Sinister picking a side with Remy right behind him. Who knows?

But they're villains! What the heck would they care if the Government is going to sign on heroes or not. it's not like they're going to be less evil!!!

Hey, I'm just guessing. I'm reading Civil War and Civil War Frontline but so far he hasn't shown up yet. The Civil War X-men 1 comes out next week. Maybe it will be there. I just don't know. :)

gambit24.jpg

Gambit at his best

Agreed, I was cryin' when that series was cancelled. :(

I want to read that New Son storyline Gambit series. When did it come out, and what is it called? I just bought the compiled books for "House of Cards" and "Hath No Fury". Gambit's cute, clever and funny but he's much too nice in both those books - more like a boy having fun - and they make far too many pop culture references to things like Martha Stewart, Paris Hilton and the O.C.! I prefer Gambit as a man, portrayed as the canny streetshark, with grit and angst tossed in with the carefree humor. Where'd that guy go?

Ce faci fato?
:)

That's a nice video, you fitted the tempo of the music to the editing. I believe that a vid shouldn't be longer then 3 minutes because that's my personal limit before my ADD kicks in, but if it is longer then 3 minutes it should build up to something, which yours does, it builds up to that last montage where you speed things up which is nice. My only advice is to not use so many different types of transitions. Just shatter and fade. It gives the vid unity.

PS: Ti-am trimis o invitatie sa te add la my friends. ;)

Thank you Lady Vader! I know it's kinda long but that was the length of the song...

It feels a little long because some of the footage repeats itself but that's not the song's fault. There's just not that much Romy footage. Besides, if u used movie maker, which i think you did, you can edit the song too.

yeah I did... it's an awful program...keeps blocking my computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"