Sequels The Official Remy LeBeau/Gambit Thread

The problem is that they usually don't do their homework. I also wish we could get a perfect Gambit. But seeing as the movies have portrayed the characters, all I truly expect is a guy with the essence of Gambit (as I said before, mysterious, enchanting and charming guy who is hard to trust)

I fear that they'll aim for an even more "edgy" Gambit that the one the comics give us...

Because Fox is all about the "Edge" factor... :whatever:

Gambit's portrayal could be an interesting one... the accent, the attitude, the look. In my opinion, it could either be good or really bad.

Gambit's portrayal could be an interesting one... the accent, the attitude, the look. In my opinion, it could either be good or really bad.

Well, Gambit's a fairly polarizing character, so that's inevitable. People either love him or hate him.

That's true. You make a good point.

I just hope they won't overdo the womanizing. Sure he should hit on women and such but he shouldn't turn into James Bond. I wanna see him gamble too. Something like him playing poker but because he wins all the time people accuse him of cheating. Rogue would defend him and he would talk himself out of it but in the end he would fess up to Rogue did he did actually cheat. You know with that typical Gambit grin on his face. The audience shouldn't really know if he's a good guy.

I just hope they won't overdo the womanizing. Sure he should hit on women and such but he shouldn't turn into James Bond. I wanna see him gamble too. Something like him playing poker but because he wins all the time people accuse him of cheating. Rogue would defend him and he would talk himself out of it but in the end he would fess up to Rogue did he did actually cheat. You know with that typical Gambit grin on his face. The audience shouldn't really know if he's a good guy.
Yeah, he should just "flirt" (and by that I mean say one or two witty lines, not actually fall in love or develop any feeling) with Rogue and Storm. One sentence joking with each one of them, whatever. But not more than that. The focus shouldn't go on any kind of romance.

And I'm not sure I'd like a gambling scene. I think he could prove his smart skills in action or maybe other kinds of situations...

I'd like one scene that displays a number of his shady qualities: He enters a bar, picks up a woman, picks a pocket, and wins a poker game by cheating with his minor telepathic abilities.

I've also got a more funny scene where Storm, Logan, Kitty, and Warren are on a mission and Bobby, Rogue, Gambit, and Colossus are at the Mansion playing poker. Suspicious of his wins, one of them asks if he's a telepath (I think it was Rogue, but I don't remember for sure who I had ask). He gives the Gambit grin and says something to the effect of "A little, but you can trust me." Of course, nobody buys that. :p

I agree that he should flirt. I have a scene where he flirts with Storm and I'm thinking of having him flirt with Kitty once. As for Rogue, they flirt several times in X4, setting up for an actual relationship in X5.

I'd like one scene that displays a number of his shady qualities: He enters a bar, picks up a woman, picks a pocket, and wins a poker game by cheating with his minor telepathic abilities.

I've also got a more funny scene where Storm, Logan, Kitty, and Warren are on a mission and Bobby, Rogue, Gambit, and Colossus are at the Mansion playing poker. Suspicious of his wins, one of them asks if he's a telepath (I think it was Rogue, but I don't remember for sure who I had ask). He gives the Gambit grin and says something to the effect of "A little, but you can trust me." Of course, nobody buys that. :p

I agree that he should flirt. I have a scene where he flirts with Storm and I'm thinking of having him flirt with Kitty once. As for Rogue, they flirt several times in X4, setting up for an actual relationship in X5.
I don't think Rogue and Gambit should get in a real relationship. But i'm not against a semi-constant flirting. :oldrazz:

Gambit has no telepathic qualities. He CAN block psi-probes under most circumstances, but it has been implied that's because of his energy manipulation (he can use it to create a shield of sorts). It has been said that he has MINOR empathy powers... but nothing on a major scale.

If anything Gambit would be good at poker because his entire life is a gamble... so he knows how to play.

That, and Gambit's the type that would talk throughout the entire game, driving whoever he's playing with nuts.

Gambit has no telepathic qualities. He CAN block psi-probes under most circumstances, but it has been implied that's because of his energy manipulation (he can use it to create a shield of sorts). It has been said that he has MINOR empathy powers... but nothing on a major scale.

If anything Gambit would be good at poker because his entire life is a gamble... so he knows how to play.

That, and Gambit's the type that would talk throughout the entire game, driving whoever he's playing with nuts.
I did say "minor" :p How sure are you that he was never portrayed as having minor telepathic abilities? I was pretty sure he did have them, at least at some point. I guess I could be confusing it with the empathy... Anyway, the empathy could still work to his advantage in card playing - he'll know whether or not the person's bluffing, how confident they are in their hand, and to what extent they know what they're doing. :cwink: At least a rough estimate, of course, 'cause the power is minor.

I did say "minor" :p How sure are you that he was never portrayed as having minor telepathic abilities? I was pretty sure he did have them, at least at some point. I guess I could be confusing it with the empathy... Anyway, the empathy could still work to his advantage in card playing - he'll know whether or not the person's bluffing, how confident they are in their hand, and to what extent they know what they're doing. :cwink: At least a rough estimate, of course, 'cause the power is minor.

That's still not the same as having telepathci qualities.

And any top of the line poker player can do those things WITHOUT special powers.

And even his empathy power isn't official. Some say it's part of his mutant gift, others say it's just his natural charm.

The same goes for his agility. Some see it as an extension of his power, others just think he's fit and agile all on his own.

That's still not the same as having telepathci qualities.

And any top of the line poker player can do those things WITHOUT special powers.

And even his empathy power isn't official. Some say it's part of his mutant gift, others say it's just his natural charm.

The same goes for his agility. Some see it as an extension of his power, others just think he's fit and agile all on his own.
Oh, I'm not saying he wouldn't be an excellent player without the powers; but if he does have them, don't you think he'd use them?

Oh, I'm not saying he wouldn't be an excellent player without the powers; but if he does have them, don't you think he'd use them?

But he doesn't... so it's a moot point. Gambit's all about energy manipulation, and that doesn't give him anything telepathy wise.

Hypothetically his added agility could be because he charges kinetic energy within himself... and his "charm" could be because he could still (though only slightly, since he had the labotomy) charge up a person a bit and get them under his sway.

Movie Gambit should definitely not have the charm power. I always hated that power. Gambit should just be very charismatic and not use powers to charm people. It's in his personality.

Bump.

I was wondering. If there is actually an X4. We now have Beast and Angel in the movies, and mostly everyone knows they wanted these two more than Gambit. So, what is the excuse now? There's absolutely none.

If Gambit is not in a/the sequel, I must call those 101 Biggest Mistakes in Movie Industry and put this decision on top 10. Gambit's absense is, right now, an ace on the sleeve, as he can be the next Wolverine (unfortunately, I think that's how they'll treat him. Let's face reality), or the next Nightcralwer . But if they waste him again, they deserve to wear dummy hats.

My latest manip... just a quick little one...

GambitNRogue.jpg

That Gambit is Forbes March (Mutant X, One Life To Live).

And as requested: with Ian Somerhalder
GambitRequest.jpg

Nice. :up:

Don't like the castings, but still, well done.

I don't dislike Ian as an actor, but don't see Gambit in him at all.

No one from that crappy mutant x show should be in X-Men, good manip though

While Ian Somerhalder doesn't look too bad overall as Gambit, I seriously doubt he could pull off a convincing portrayal once he had to, you know, actually start acting.

No, he's pretty damn good actually.

Holloway however, would die if he had to act to live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"