The Dark Knight Gary Oldman Joins Iron Man 2

Wow, are people actually going to be bugged about this?

Yeesh.

Its cool, just gonna be weird because he plays such a big character from the DC Universe

Last edited:
Hmm, I wonder who he's going to play. But it's really good news. He's a good actor.

Who cares, as long as he doesn't have his moustache & glasses Jim-Gordon-look then the two should be easily separated in your mind

What? I don't get some people. How is THIS a bad thing?

They're two different characters from two very different franchises (unless, Warner Bros. and Marvel Studios are merging the movie universes together...*shudder*).

This is awesome news. An absolute stellar cast for IM 2.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/04/07...rst-look-at-garry-shandling-as-senator-stern/

What the fffing hell???? This seems so wrong to me. I liked Ironman a lot and I'm sure the addition of Oldman will only make Ironman 2 a better film because he's a great actor but as a die hard Batman fan and Nolanite I don't like this. I realize it's only an actor taking another good role but my fanboy loyalty just can't accept this. Oldman is such a chameleon actor that I'm sure sure he'll just become his Ironman character and that'll be that but it's the fact that he's such a perfect Gordon and thus such an important part of the current Batman franchise that makes it so weird that he'll be part of another superhero franchise/universe. Just my thoughts......discusss.
You're kidding about this right? Right? Please say you're kidding. If you're not then you've just squashed any hope I have in humanity overcoming its own ignorance. To save that hope, I shall pretend you are kidding and all will be well...

WTF is a Nolanite? Hollywood directores have their own cults? I don't even know what Nolan looks like.

If this is right this thing is gettin crowded, I guess Shellhead is the new Spidey

Maybe G.O. will go back to playin heels- he's so good in thoses

If Joshua Harto and Jon Favreau can be in Batman movies as well as Iron Man there is no reason Oldman can't.

I hope he plays Commissioner Gordon in Iron Man2, and then goes, "buhahahaha, I'm Commissioner Gordon in an Iron Man movie. I hope you sleep well ScarFace5 from SHH. Buhahahhaha".

Seriously, I hope it goes exactly like that.

"fanboy loyalty".. :facepalm

I'm not even sure if I believe this to be true as of right now. But even if it is, it's not so much a bad thing for Batman as a good thing for Iron Man. Oldman will still give nothing less than his best for Batman 3. I like both franchises, so I don't really care. Is Hugh Jackman a traitor for defending The Dark Knight at the Oscars? The Marvel vs. DC rivalry can get so silly sometimes. :funny:

Rumor is he may be playing Howard Stark, Tony Stark's father, in a flashback sequence where it shows Stark Industries involvement with the super soldier program during World War 2, it's just a rumor right now that he's in the film, he was just spotted on set.

I'm surprised at the blase reaction. I can see the OP's point. Its like catching your girl pleasuring another guy. At the very least I'd be a little pissed about that.

I really can't understand the problem with this. The guy is an actor for crying out loud.

I'm surprised at the blase reaction. I can see the OP's point. Its like catching your girl pleasuring another guy. At the very least I'd be a little pissed about that.
No its not, hehe. Its like being in love with a girl that has nothing to do with you, and getting mad when you see her with another guy.

Oldman played a Batman character, and now he'll be in another comic book movie. Who cares? Is it an insult to Dracula fans that he was in a Harry Potter film? No! Who cares?

Yeah, he has a job to do just like everyone else. I'm sure he makes more money than anyone here, but still. Reminds me of that comment Michael Caine said about how he never saw Jaws 3, but did see the house that it built. Not that I think Iron Man 2 will be bad, but people are taking this way too seriously, IMO. And it hasn't even been confirmed yet. Just speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"